Start by marking “The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past” as Want to Read:
The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past

The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past

Compared to Stephen Covey and Tony Robbins as a visionary thinker, Dan Sullivan brings practical, powerful new approaches to success in life and business. "The Laws of Lifetime Growth outlines ten "laws" that give readers an internal framework for taking charge of their future. All it takes to use each of these laws is a slight shift in thinking, which anyone -- regardless ...more
Published January 19th 2006 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Laws of Lifetime Growth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Laws of Lifetime Growth

Rebecca
Apr 10, 2009 Rebecca rated it liked it
The worship arts team leaders at my church read this book as a group. In general, I don't really go for self-improvement books.

However, I am at a point in my life where I'm evaluating the progress I've made over the last few years, and trying to figure out what to do next. As such, the theme of lifetime growth espoused in this book really resonated with me.

Coming off of a huge career high last summer, I found encouragement in the idea that "it's possible to have a bigger future [than your past:]
Sheriff Mansaray
This is a very interesting book; it has important life stories and laws that will help anyone regardless of age or income to grow. I want to be someone in life that do not want to depend on anyone for anything, and this ten simple rules in this book will help go a long way. Reading this book and follow it rules, they will help you discover some of the abilities you never thought you have in life. This book also includes some example and self assessment on how to measure your performance on each ...more
Roger K.
Aug 16, 2016 Roger K. rated it really liked it
This is a short yet impactful book. There's a slight bit of "blog series extended to a book" vibe to it, but the points are succinct and form a nice structure:

* Make my future bigger than my past
* Make my learning greater than my experience
* Make my contribution bigger than my reward
* Make my performance greater than my applause
* Make my gratitude greater than my success
* Make my enjoyment greater than my effort
* Make my cooperation greater than my status
* Make my confidence greater than
Millsfredo
This is the first book I have ever read by Dan Sullivan. I picked up this book at a stage in which I felt that my progress was slow and stagnating.

The Laws of Lifetime Growth will provide ideas and suggestions for growing in various aspects of your life. So if you need that 'push' to move on or scale a higher level in your career, make this a 'must read' and begin to 'Make Your Future Bigger than Your Past'
John Ricker
Jul 10, 2016 John Ricker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be an interesting book that I have to say I enjoyed. After reading all the
other reviews I can only say that all the 4+ Star review are all spot on! I would rate it
a solid 4.5 Stars. I won this great book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy
James Marsh
Mar 11, 2013 James Marsh rated it liked it
The book outlines 10 laws for Lifetime Growth, which are values one should have in order to be continually improving and trying to develop one’s talents.

The laws are pretty straight forward, and while I can’t think of anything that really stood out from other similar books, it did a solid job of outlining those things that we should all be doing.
David
Dec 25, 2007 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dan Sullivan is a master of simplifying lives. He specializes in doing this for the very complex and jumbled lives of entrepreneurs, but this is a prime example of how so much of what he coaches on is applicable to everybody. Use these ten laws to find yourself constantly achieving growth, personally and professionally. It is a very rewarding read.
Gina
I received this book as a First Read. It provides good tips and stories about how to grow as a person. It focuses on learning, gratitude, cooperation, confidence, and purpose. It has useful questions to ask yourself to help guide you in growing. The chart at the end of the book is particularly helpful for setting goals for growth and charting progress.
Brian Howard
Apr 08, 2013 Brian Howard rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal! I was expecting your usual self help success book, but this was so much more. It was focused not only on personal success, but also success in making the world a better place. It was about making personal growth the goal and personal success the bi-product. I highly recommend!
Sherrie Rohde
Jan 08, 2012 Sherrie Rohde rated it it was amazing
This book has so many good points and applicable/relatable examples of how to keep growing in life and avoid the endless traps of being stuck in your present/past. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to keep moving forward in life.
Dzung Vuong
Aug 14, 2016 Dzung Vuong rated it liked it
There are 10 laws related to lifetime growth with plenty of stories and examples.

The challenge I have is that there is no story or image that registered in my mind after reading the book.

May be when I read it again it'll be different.
Angela Gentile
Aug 14, 2015 Angela Gentile rated it liked it
This is an easy-to-read book that describes ten principles for personal growth, at any age. At the end of each chapter the authors provide two easy-to-implement steps for change. Good book for entrepreneurs or anyone interested in moving forward in life, versus stagnating.
Jason Jay
Mar 11, 2016 Jason Jay rated it liked it
This book can really change your perspective and help improve your life. The principles are simple, application could take a lifetime-or more.
Gabriel Castellanos
Dec 28, 2007 Gabriel Castellanos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who want to grow
Shelves: self-development
Excellent book to focus on your personal growth, make your future better than you past, make your performance better than your applause...
Tina
Apr 14, 2008 Tina rated it really liked it
Really nice book! Probably doesn't say anything that you don't already know but sometimes we need to hear them all put together. A feel-good, self-help happy little book!
Asher
Jul 19, 2015 Asher rated it really liked it
pretty good concise collection of things to consider as a leader, which just about everyone is in some capacity.
J. Schmidt
Dec 26, 2014 J. Schmidt rated it liked it
Some good points in this book, but nothing special or truly earth-shattering. In fact reading the headlines adn first paragraphs of each chapter would probably do.
Bill
Bill rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
David
David rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2008
Doug
Doug rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2014
Anand
Anand rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Michelle Pulignani
Michelle Pulignani rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Chad Applebaum
Chad Applebaum rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Dan Ritzenthaler
Dan Ritzenthaler rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2007
Derrick Lord
Derrick Lord rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
C. Spencer Reynolds
C. Spencer Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Robert Perkins
Robert Perkins rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Outstanding!: 47 Ways to Make Your Organization Exceptional
  • The Return of the Ragpicker
  • The Compassionate Samurai: Being Extraordinary in an Ordinary World
  • Attitude Is Everything: Change Your Attitude...and You Change Your Life!
  • PAiLS
  • Resolved Primer: A Look Into The 13 Resolutions
  • Am I Really a Christian?
  • The Coming Aristocracy
  • Man of Steel and Velvet
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • Positive Personality Profiles: D-i-S-C-over Personality Insights to Understand Yourself and Others!
  • Confidence of a Champion: Becoming Who You Were Created to Be by Letting Go of Lies from the Past
  • Already Compromised