Blank-133x176
Asterix And The Great ...

René Goscinny

Asterix And The Great Divide (Asterix #25)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  2,559 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The path of true love never did run smoothly#151;especially when the sweethearts#8217; fathers have split their town in half. That#8217;s the problem for Histrionix and the beautiful Melodrama, son and daughter of two rival chieftains. So the star-crossed lovers call in Asterix, Obelix, and Getafix to sort everything out. Can the trusty trio persuade the village to reunite...more
Published (first published 1980)

Nicolo Yu
I've always preferred my Asterix to be done by both Goscinny and Uderzo but seeing this volume on clearance was just too hard to ignore, so I bought it. This volume was the second Uderzo did solo after Goscinny passed away and there isn't any noticeable difference. I've only read a handful of the books and I feel need to read more but I guess I could say that it still feels like Asteriz. Uderzo didn't try too much to deviate from what made Asteriz beloved to generations of readers.

It wasn't a ba...more
Alex Wilson
This book was about two people that wanted to marry each other but there was this guy that was mean and he was half human and half fish. He captured the chief's daughter who was one of the people who loved the other person. She whacked the person in the face when it was gonna offer her flowers because she knew it was gone whack her on the face. It was fish guy.
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Karhum Ghassan
The whole series is very funny and engrossing. The premise is that of a tiny community in ancient Gaul that has firmly resisted the occupation of the Roman Empire now all of Gaul is conquered by the Romans except for the small village surround by several roman camps, thanks to a magic potion produced/provided by the druid that grants outstanding strength. In all-ways, I learned quite a bit about the Roman army through this series. It has been translated into a countless number of languages, but...more
Saint No Stopping Us

Seven out of ten. CBR format.

When two rival chieftains split their town in half, a pair of young lovers split on either side need Asterix and Obelix to resolve the situation.

Kevin
This is the first of Asterix comics I've read, and the whole series is very funny and engrossing. The premise is that of a tiny community in ancient Gaul that has firmly resisted the occupation of the Roman Empire thanks to a magic potion produced by the local druid that grants exceptional strength. In retrospect, I learned quite a bit about the Roman military through this series. It has been translated into a huge number of languages, but they're almost not worth reading in anything but the ori...more
Yves
Depuis ma jeunesse, je déteste le Grand Fossé. C'est le premier que ma mère m'a acheté avec Astérix chez les Helvètes. Celui-ci est vraiment mauvais. Il y a plusieurs jeux de mots qui ne sont pas drôle. L'histoire de Roméo et Juliette à la sauce gauloise est vraiment d'un ennuie. Même les pirates ne m'ont pas fait rire. La fin avec les romains est complètement stupide. C'en est une insulte à mon intelligence.
Bruce
Asterix the Great Divide – an excellent companion to Asterix and Caesar’s Gift, this one analogizes two-party governance to a Romeo & Juliet-style feud, as Druid Getafix calls upon a village that’s literally split right down the middle by competing co-chieftains.
Indah Threez Lestari
Cerita ini mengingatkanku pada kisah cinta orang tuaku di sebuah desa di Cirebon, yang terbagi dua oleh sebuah kali. Di bagian utara daerah "Sunda", di bagian selatan daerah "Jawa". Ayah berasal dari utara dan ibu dari selatan, tapi toh berjodoh...

Bedanya, permusuhan antar golongan utara dan selatan nggak separah di komik Asterix.
Amalie
Well it's good,I suppose I'm not sure though. Not one of my favourites.

An allegory of the Berlin Wall in the guise of a Romeo and Juliet tale.

There's a lot of repeating ideas, jokes, I don't know some how, it lacks the originality in the plot but Uderzo's art is still priceless.
Meghan
Reading the Pendragon Cycle reminded me of these comics, as they have some thematic overlap with the Roman Empire, Gaul, Britannia, bards, druids, etc. I own a couple of these, but read tons of them at the library as a kid. Loving the wordplay and names all over again. :)
Nacho
Uderzo mantuvo el tipo en el primer volumen sin Goscinny. A partir de ahí fue otro cantar...
Angel Serrano
Un pueblo galo, vecino al de Asterix, está separado por una gran zanja y sus dos jefes están enemistados. Para vencer a su enemigo, una de las facciones se alía con el invasor romano. Asterix, Obelix y Panoramix acuden al rescate.
Federiken Masters
Mar 05, 2010 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Varios
Recommended to Federiken by: Padre
Último tomo de asterix que se puede leer de principio a fin sin esa melancólica sensación de "Ya no es lo mismo". Miento: el final es bastante pelotudo. Pero aun así, una aventura muy entertenida y con varios chistes graciosos.
♥Moon ♥Love ♥Dreams ♥Imagination
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Mariana
The classic story of a forbidden love (more or less). I can't say it's one of my favorites but I still loved it. Although I wish they'd have gone to another country, it still is one of my favorites.
Verity
Star-crossed luvers Histrionix & Melodrama seek help from Asterix & Obelix to mediate peace between their bickering dads. 1st solo by Uderzo after Goscinny passed away. Ho-hum.
Clicque
Tegneserie. Da Asterix og hans venner skal m�gle i en landsbystrid mellem to herskesyge h�vdinge, indblandes romerne. Uheldigvis kommer de i besiddelse af den fam�se trylledrik.
Billy Parsoon
Asterix e Obelix aiutano una coppia di fidanzati separati dall'odio delle loro famiglie... una riproposizione di Romeo e Giulietta...gallici!
Dimitri
I think this is the first attempt of Uderzo to go solo. Not bad but he can not reach Goscini's grandeur. Subsequent stories get worse.
Derek Baldwin
One of the better Asterix stories, with some sharp satire that goes beyond the usual silly names (great as those are).
Johanne
J'ai surtout besoin de me souvenir lesquels j'ai lu, pour ne pas partir emprunter les mêmes à la bibliothèque !
Jayaram
Asterix and especially Obelix ath their best..just think of a romantic Obelix..slightly heart-broken..
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Sátira al extremismo político y sus vicios bien acotada al mundo de los galos. Magnífica.
gina  al ilmi
hihi.. salah sekian dari buku yang mengisi masa kecilku dan membekas banget.. asterix beneran lucu!
Mathieu
Premier album sans Goscinny... On sent le coup de moins bon, mais ça reste correct.
Catherine
Roméo et Juliette à la Astérix en plus d'inclure des éléments modernes.
Jessica J.
I love Asterix. I think it´s one of the best comics ever!
Donna
Asterix meets Romeo and Juliet - a great concept!
  • Asterix and the Soothsayer (Asterix, #19)
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix
More about René Goscinny...
Le petit Nicolas Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1) Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6) Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8) Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)