Start by marking “In For A Penny (All In #1)” as Want to Read:
In For A Penny (All In #1)

In For A Penny (All In #1)

What’s the old saying…you can never go home again? Raven Black resigned himself to never returning after being ordered from the only real home he’d ever known. Now, seven years later, Raven is back to face the man who sent him away.

Zane Conner is not only Raven’s foster brother but the only man Raven ever loved. Despite his mixed feelings about the situation, Raven can’t
Published February 2009 by Resplendence Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about In For A Penny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In For A Penny

Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is going to be a ranty review, so be warned.

I didn't mind that they were semi-brothers, as a matter of fact, I didn't actually even buy that part of the story.
Raven was 13 when he came to the ranch and Zane had to have been at least 18 and I didn't see all that much closeness between them, more lust and a huge stupid asshat Zane.
His behavior ruined the story for me, what he did when Raven was 20 and lost the only mother he ever knew, was for me, unforgivable and selfish and mean and petty.
Erotic Horizon
May 29, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
Raven Black is back home, at least the home that he had before he left seven years earlier, and he’s of two minds about the fact. One, he misses his home and all that it means to him. Two, now that he was back home, will Zane be more willing to accept him - faults and all.

Zane Conner has prided himself on doing what’s best for his family, for the ranch and for Raven for years. When he had to send him away years earlier, he thought he was doing it for all the right reasons; now a dead boy has bee
V
Sep 11, 2014 V rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Zane: the asshole who treat Raven poorly and then wants Raven help. Raven the hot guy with not pride who comes running to help Zane because he still in love with him.
And the way he has to help Zane was awful, what a mediocre plot.
Alina
Jan 11, 2012 Alina rated it it was amazing
Very nice and solid story!
I loved Zane and Raven, their history and previous problems and how it was all resolved. Hot and sweet :)
Jimmy Hanson
Nov 08, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, m-m
Starting off, I should say 1] I'm not fond of cowboy novels, and 2] I find Carol Lynne's work to be imaginative but kind of poorly written.

With that in mind ... "In For A Penny" has a good premise and ideas that could have been portrayed better. Zane repeatedly asks Raven to put himself in situations that are sometimes over-the-top, considering his backround, and I couldn't help but get more and more aggravated at Zane. Raven didn't seem too upset about the fact that Zane continuously asked thes
CB
May 27, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
A very hot book with a little mystery. Carol Lynne can write some very smooth, sexy m/m scenes and, for a short story, this was well developed, entertaining and had great MC's.

I'm really glad there is a second book featuring Cas. These 2 MC's are mentioned in there a few times, which is always nice. Both books really are stand-alone but I recommend reading them in order, they are worth it.
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed this story, but it didn't quite have the same feel to it that Carol Lynne's work usually has for me. Something that I couldn't put my finger on was missing and I wasn't drawn into the story the way I normally am. All that said, I didn't think the story was bad, instead I'd say it was just average.
Omega696
Betryal
Dec 06, 2009 Betryal rated it it was amazing
When a story such as this one has some action, some sex, but not overly too much, a great beginning and topped off with a good ending you can be sure it'll get a justified rating that's well deserved. Carol always brings it the fore with her stories and I have yet to be disappointed with any of them.

Well done and Bravo, Carol!
Janie
Nov 04, 2012 Janie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I love that both characters have been in love with each other for all the years they were seperated. I felt so bad for Raven as a child having to go through such an abusive relationship with is father. I love that Zane was this big strong protective man who wanted nothing more than to love Raven for the rest of his life. Great story.
Ayanna
Sep 09, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, meh
I don't like the name Ray. It's so...commonplace, humdrum, bland. Raven's definitely got much more oomph to it.
Ah, well. I suppose it serves a purpose.

Can you actually color whisky with coffee?

Eh. Dunno. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing, either. The writing was rather square and flat.

2nd book's about Cas, isn't it? (It's weird because "Cas" makes me think of Supernatural these days)
Lee
Mar 30, 2011 Lee rated it liked it
Being a big fan of Ms. Lynne's cowboy books, I have to say that In For A Penny just didn't do it for me. It didn't have the oomph and energy of her other works. It's a good story, but not very compelling or enticing. It read a little flat. I'll try reading it again in a few months and see if it improves with age.

I give In For A Penny three stars.

Norma Huss
Dec 29, 2012 Norma Huss rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This book combines golf, goofy characters, and a good romantic mystery. (I didn't figure it out - one of my favorite plus-points of any mystery.) Cleopatra Jones (Cleo for short) finds the body, suspects practically everyone, tries to keep her family under control, solves the mystery, and ends up with a hunk and a half. (Well, not really, let's say a hunk and an ex hunk in the wings.)
Hrtnsoul28
Dec 02, 2016 Hrtnsoul28 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I enjoyed this book, I knew it was a shorter story so I knew the background would be rush. The story was powerful.
I felt so bad for Ray (Raven), the whole issue with his dog made me cry.
Zane tried to stay away and do what was best for them. I think the whole issue with Ray's dad was meant to bring them together.
Ray and Zane were so hot together I was sure I was melting.
Serena
Jun 09, 2014 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mf

My Rating System:
Julia
Mar 21, 2010 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, cop-pi-spy, cowboys
Not a bad read. It's short and sweet with engaging characters. The danger that brings them back together after years apart is a little over the top, but not so much that it's totally unbelievable and the other aspects of the story make up for it.
Ale Rivero
Nov 19, 2012 Ale Rivero rated it really liked it
La historia de Raven y Zane es muy dramática tanto a nivel romántico como a otros niveles, sin embargo todo por lo que tienen que pasar logra que su amor sea más y más fuerte y que se den cuenta de lo que realmente importa. Una historia muy recomendable a mi parecer para los amantes del género.
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
2.6 Stars

Ugh, the things I will read for a challenge...
Miralinda
С трудом 3 звезды. Не самая приятная книга, много описаний издевательств, Да и Zane реально вызывал неприязнь.
Jonathan Treadway
Feb 23, 2010 Jonathan Treadway rated it really liked it
I had actually read this before, but even when I realized it I kept reading. It's a good story and kept me entertained throught.
Arzu
Feb 15, 2010 Arzu rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Cecilia Rodriguez
Oct 22, 2012 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it really liked it

Gigi
Sep 25, 2012 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
I started this, but the two MCs were too close to being brothers for my incest comfort, which is obnoxiously high. Had to stop.
Ryoma Gartre
Jun 18, 2011 Ryoma Gartre rated it really liked it
One of my favorite Carol Lynne books, the relationship builds slowly, the plot is revealed little by little, and the sex is good, the tattoo revelation scene was amazing.
jules0623
1.5 stars. I should have known better.
Brandilyn
Jun 04, 2013 Brandilyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, read-2013
Characters and plot where thin. The setting was all over the map...
Becky Condit
Mar 22, 2014 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
Petra Reviews In For a Penny by Carol Lynne 4 sweet peas. http://www.mrsconditreadsbooks.com/?p...
K.A.
K.A. rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Joana
Joana rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2012
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Cowboy Way (Blaecleah Brothers #3)
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys #1)
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours #4)
  • The Wounds in the Walls
  • 3
  • Soldier of Fortune's Downfall (Wolves of Stone Ridge #18)
  • Mate of the High Dragon (Of Dragons and Wolves #5)
  • Remus (Marius Brothers #2)

erotic & gay romances
More about Carol Lynne...

All In (2 books)
  • In For A Pound (All In, #2)