Start by marking “Schoolhouse Brides: Teachers of Yesteryear Fulfill Dreams of Love in Four Novellas” as Want to Read:

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The lives of four schoolmarms are complicated by unexpected encounters. Judith questions her calling when a widower and his troubled children enter her life. Marin offers her services as a schoolteacher and soon faces unforeseen challenges, including a less-than-desirable student. Christa gets off a train in a quaint mountain village only to find herself entangled in a web ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 483 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by Gale Cengage (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Schoolhouse Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schoolhouse Brides

Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Synopsis from amazon.com: The lives of four schoolmarms are complicated by unexpected encounters. Judith questions her calling when a widower and his troubled children enter her life. Marin offers her services as a schoolteacher and soon faces unforeseen challenges, including a less-than-desirable student. Christa gets off a train in a quaint mountain village only to find herself entangled in a web of deceit. A disillusioned Meredith moves to Last Chance, Idaho, and finds herself stuck in a plac ...more
Amancay
I actually ended up picking this one up... to read one night, as I'd left my current read outside in my car!

Never got my current read back inside, and plowed through this book over the next nights...

another one of those easy evening reads, that honestly had me at times with rising tears, a torn heart, and truly going to God with some stuffs... again, a moment where you know He has purposed the read for such a time as this.
Judith
I enjoyed the stories in this Novella. I have a soft spot for teachers from days past, and I think these authors did a good job portraying the realities and hearts of many young women who were put in a one room classroom with very little resources. I ignored the Christian perspective. A great read for mother and daughter alike. Nice and light; good for the beach.
Nikki
Complications abound as love is encountered by four young schoolmarms in bygone days. In Schoolhouse Brides, one-room schoolhouses by the Lehigh Canal, on the prairies of Minnesota, amid the Blue Ridge Mountains, and in frontier Idaho are the settings for heartwarming lessons in life and love.
Carol
It is hard to give one rating to a book of four novellas written by four separate authors. I particularly enjoyed the scandanavian story, Prarie Schoolmarm. It was interesting to see what was the same and what was different in four separate schools that existed around the same time.
Iris
4 in 1 novellas. This book reminded me of staying at my Grandmothers house. She used to give me Heartsong Presents books to read and I liked them. They aren't my favorite type of books, but since they remind me of my time with her I do love to pick them up now and then.
Maria
my grandmother gave me this book, so, although leery, I was obligated. it turned out to be fun for me-I enjoyed comparing the novellas to each other. i wouldn't necessarily recommend this book to anyone, but it's fun (as i previously stated)...for whatever that's worth.
Brenda Eichberg
Very easy to read - really enjoyed the short story (Dear Teacher). Wanda's books are a joy to read when one needs something to pick up one's spirit. Would recommend her books to anyone of any age.
Shelaine Petersen
I enjoy books from this time period. It reminded me somewhat of the "Little House on the Prairie" books, but not nearly as good. It's not a book that I'd highly reccomend.
Shannon Clark
I think I would have liked reading 1 long story better than the 4 short stories. It almost seemed like some of the stories just ended abruptly. I did enjoy it, though.
Deidre
Delightful collection of stories with a christian theme. Each one alone can be read in an hour or two & great for a "Pick me Up" or to put a smile on your face :o)
Kristi
This book had 4 different books each by different authors. Two of the books were good, one was OK and the other i couldn't read it. Didn't draw me in.
Shunammite
Different stories that teach you patience and trust in God. Taught me how to forgive fully and how to put others before me.
Emily Ross
4 very different novellas about frontier teachers. Sweet easy read.
Jody
Four stories of teachers who find love when they least expect it.
Abigail Richmond
I liked the last story best!
Sandy
cute short stories
Victoria daVinci
Victoria daVinci marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Donna Dils
Donna Dils marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Tammy Carver
Tammy Carver marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Kansas Home: Hearts Adrift Find a Place to Dwell in Four Romantic Stories
  • Virginia
  • Colorado
  • New Mexico Sunrise: Faith and Love Hold Generations Together in Four Complete Novels
  • Nebraska Legacy: Four Men Become Husbands of Convenience in the Old West
  • Arkansas: Four Brothers Risk Their Hearts for Love in the Ozarks
  • A Stitch in Time: Basket Stitch/Double Cross/Spider Web Rose/Double Running
  • New Hampshire Weddings
  • Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
  • Sweet Home Alabama
  • Brides O' the Emerald Isle
  • Dakota: Four Inspirational Love Stories in America's Final Frontier (Inspirational Romance Collections)
  • Three Weddings and a Giggle
A nationally recognized authority on the Amish community, Wanda E. Brunstetter has sold more than seven million copies of her fiction and nonfiction books. Wanda enjoys an uncommon kinship with the Amish and continues to visit their communities throughout the country. Her books have won numerous awards and topped several bestselling charts.
More about Wanda E. Brunstetter...
The Bishop's Daughter (Daughter of Lancaster County, #3) The Storekeeper's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #1) The Quilter's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #2) A Cousin's Promise (Indiana Cousins, #1) A Sister's Secret (Sisters of Holmes County, #1)