Start by marking “Ted McKeever Library Book 3: Metropol: Metropol Bk. 3” as Want to Read:
Ted McKeever Library Book 3: Metropol: Metropol Bk. 3

Ted McKeever Library Book 3: Metropol: Metropol Bk. 3

From one of the most critically acclaimed graphic novelists or our time, Ted McKeever, comes Metropol, an epic tale of good versus evil, set against a modern day industrial landscape. An apocalyptic work in which non-entity Jasper Notochord becomes inadvertently involved in a surreal war between armored angels and mutated demons. This volume features all 12 issues of ...more
Published April 7th 2009 by Image Comics (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Ted McKeever Library Book 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ted McKeever Library Book 3

Bryan Worra
Aug 11, 2011 Bryan Worra rated it really liked it
Ted McKeever has one of the most distinctive styles among graphic novelists today.

It would seem the powers that be at the major comics publishers are comfortable using him only for one-shots or short mini-series. But from 1991-1994 he was given free reign to present his dark, humorous, kafkaesque vision of the apocalypse. During its original run it took a few issues before it became clear this was tied in to his early works, Eddy Current and Transit.

In 2009, he released the collected edition o
Jeff
May 25, 2013 Jeff rated it liked it
I bought this book primarily because of Ted McKeever's incredibly original visual style - I had encountered his work only once before (illustrating a story by Thomas Ligotti), and was curious enough to experience more of these unique visions. Taken together, the complete Metropol cycle is a mixed blessing.

McKeever's amazing graphics are intact and as rewarding as ever, but the story is overlong and perhaps a bit cliched. Not having been raised with religion, I don't doubt that some of the dramat
Bad-at-reading
Sep 12, 2015 Bad-at-reading rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, comics
Sparse, enigmatic tale of a man wrongfully accused escalates quickly to "angels and demons are punching and shooting each other because it's the end of the world". However the presentation is not what you'd call "epic"; the fate of all our mortal souls hinges on what feels more like a spate of street skirmishes. Much to the story's benefit is art situated somewhere between Peter Chung and Ralph Steadman with thick outlines and flat colors that makes the whole thing look like stained glass. The ...more
Mike Gallagher
Jul 31, 2012 Mike Gallagher rated it really liked it

I had skipped over Ted McKeever when his work was coming out. I regretted this later in life but was rewarded by comixology offering his complete works.
Now, I am reading them in reverse order, which turns out to be a mistake.

I really enjoyed metropol. It was smart, entertaining, and thoughtful. His art is quirky and interesting.
The end was less than an end which is my only complaint. The story felt like an epic journey. McKeever handles scope well.
David Balfour
Dec 02, 2014 David Balfour rated it liked it
Great artwork and interesting continuity with Transit and Eddy Current, but like everything else I've read from McKeever, it's strangely unfulfilling. The big ideas are pretty exciting in theory, but he doesn't seem to know how to bring them together into a satisfying, meaningful narrative.
Russell Grant
Feb 27, 2012 Russell Grant rated it liked it
The confusing bits of "Transit" and "Eddy Current" come into fruition here, and it makes for an incredibly satisfying and thought provoking read. I'm going to be revisiting all three of these now that I have a better understanding of where the story goes.
Derek Parker
Jun 22, 2014 Derek Parker rated it liked it
The narrative seemed to evolve through the telling, shifting as it progressed. Maybe I'm wrong, but the series seemed to change over time, as if McKeever was unsure of himself at first. Interesting, though.
Craig
Aug 20, 2011 Craig rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is the best of the 3 volumes, as McKeever seems way more comfortable and confident as a writer and artist. More coherent plotting and some universe building here are additional perks.
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2014
Cody Goodfellow
Cody Goodfellow rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Dev Makhija
Dev Makhija rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2009
j_ay
j_ay rated it really liked it
May 01, 2010
dave sykes
dave sykes rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Frédéric
Frédéric rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Eli
Eli rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2011
Adam Salsman
Adam Salsman rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Jon
Jon rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Kate Harmon
Kate Harmon rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Robert Allen
Robert Allen rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Dan Goldstein
Dan Goldstein rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Slap Happy
Slap Happy rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2011
M.E.
M.E. rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Kate Sherrod
Kate Sherrod rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2013
Lucas
Lucas rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
crowfucker
crowfucker rated it it was ok
May 01, 2015
Keegan
Keegan rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Christian Lipski
Christian Lipski rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2009
Geert
Geert rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013