Start by marking “A Fostered Love (Foster Siblings, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Fostered Love (Foster Siblings, #1)

A Fostered Love (Foster Siblings #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,553 ratings  ·  156 reviews
Foster brother to Jonah for a short time as teens, Christian developed a massive crush on his tough, older roommate. That all ended when the cops came and arrested Jonah, stealing him from Christian's uncertain world.

Jonah knew the kid with the crush on him would be better off forgetting that he ever existed. Jonah stayed in contact with their foster mother Marisol, but re
Published March 24th 2009 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about A Fostered Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fostered Love

Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
17th out of 553 books — 945 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
82nd out of 2,111 books — 2,693 voters

More lists with this book...

Vio
I picked this up after reading the short sequel Snowfall. Christian and Jonah were sexy, hungry beasts and incredibly hot. So of course A Fostered Love became a must read, I couldn't help myself I needed to know more about them, its not all about the raunchy sex, really!

What worked so well was Christian and Jonah's fierce and unshakable love for each other. They haven't been in contact for years, only meeting up again to renovate and sell their foster mothers home. Old hurts and resent
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Jon grew on me at first I didn’t like him but then I did like him then at the end I started to not like him, before liking him again… I give Jon a 3.5 star

Christian I liked at first but by the end he was a whinny bitch. Kinda dumb too so when he turned into Christina (A typo I think but it fit) he started just being plain boring Christy to me… 3 stars for Christy

Annie was always likeable and sweet and she thinks two guys kissing is hot so 5 stars for little orphan tranny Annie

Roberto was big an
SheReadsALot
Cameron Dane.

She's fabulous. I'm sure she hears this all the time. If not, Ms. Dane, kudos to you on this story.

Seriously.

How you can give such depth to these guys... Christian and Jonah?
Aw buddy. Both men, they were how I like my main characters to be. They were onions.

Onions?

*nods* Onions.

Do you see the wonderful layers? The unassuming textures? Onions might smell, might make you cry but damn it they are pretty awesome in my book.

I loved these two so much. It's quite a feat to write such dam
Sheziss
*Spoilers ahead*

It didn’t work for me.

description

Firstly, there is TOO much sex. It’s pointless, only to sell more pages. They have sex anytime, even in serious moments. I was tired of reading about…

And…

description

I don’t care about sex scenes, just the opposite. I love them when they’re worth it, but here they felt empty, pointless, useless. I didn’t feel the chemistry between the MC. I was even bored reading those scenes.

description

Too much sex, too little feelings. I found everything empty.

I didn’t like the way of describin
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Oh god where to start.. I loved this book!! I loved where it went and how it got there. 5 wonderful stars. It made me even get teary and that doesn't happen often for me.
Jo
Oct 09, 2013 Jo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jo by: Jodi
Jonah

Christian
description

I loved this book. For some reason I thought this book would be a lot darker but it reads very easy. There is still some drama but ohhhh
the Hot, Hot smexing... Whoop, Whoop

Catherine
A book about two men with troubled pasts finding a home in each other. It manages to balance the sweet, the angsty, and the thrilling effortlessly.
Trisha Harrington
This book was hot. Lots of steamy sex in this one!

I have to start off by saying I have read Cameron Dane books before. This would be in my favourites from him. A Fostered Love is full of hot sex, sweet enough characters and a great plot. Jonah and Christan's story will not be for everyone, some might find the sex too much, others wont like the story. But I found this to be a brilliant book.

Jonah and Christian met as teenagers. They were foster brothers. Jonah was the "troubled teen" and Christia
Virginia
I found this story extremely well done. For me, it was a very emotional read seeing Jonah try to let go and let himself feel after being shut down and isolated for so long. I adored Christian in his patience with Jonah. Hot sex scenes as well. Nice side story with a ex to help add some additional drama. I also liked the side characters of Rodrigo and Abby. The four of them made for a nice family. Really enjoyed this book.
Kazza
First of all, loved the cover. I really like it when attention to that particular detail is taken. I will buy a book on the strength of a good cover.

I also liked the premise of the book when I first read it, it attracted me to take a read. I haven't read any of Ms Dane's books until now and I'm glad I did because it was a sweet, sexy read.

It's been said already, Jonah and Christian are back to what was once their home after the death of their (devoted) foster mother, Marisol. They aren't the onl
Arianna
This is my first book by this author and I think it will be my last, because her style didn’t work so good for me.

This book had a great premise but sadly, for me, it didn't deliver.

The characters were nothing special and they didn’t do anything for me. I found both main characters underdeveloped. I didn’t like how their relationship progressed and I didn’t feel any chemistry or something between them. In the end I didn’t care about them at all!

Like everybody I like sex scenes in my books, but
Lauraadriana
Just kind of bumped into this book...needed to read something light and it was good. Story was sweet the boys were hot and the sex was well...really hot.

There's a another book that follows this one and have bought to see what this lady comes up with...I recommend.

4/21/2011 Re-read this and yup it's still all kinds of HOTT!
orannia
Sep 04, 2010 orannia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Three and three-quarter stars. I'm in two minds about this book. On one hand I loved the premise, but...for me the emotional connection wasn't as fulfilled as I would have wanted. I don't think it helped that I read an Amazon review that described this book as like JB MacDonald's By Degrees. It's not. Yes, one of the characters - Tim - in By Degrees was in foster care, but in By Degrees the foster care is part of the back story. In A Fostered Love it plays a far bigger role. And this might seem ...more
L-D
Jonah and Christian were foster brothers 15 years ago. They shared a room and Christian developed a strong crush on the older boy. After making a juvenile mistake, Jonah is arrested and sent to JD (Juvenile Detention) and Christian never hears from him again.

15 years later, their foster mother passes away with a request that the boys come home and help sell her house so she can donate the proceeds to her favorite charities. Hoping to get as much money from the house that they can for Marisol's c
Sandra
2.5 stars I liked the story and the characters, the thing that dropped this down for me was the dialogue. Just overly flowery and too formal in the way they discussed their emotions.

Pet Peeve #1: Talking like you're in a romance novel in my romance novel! "I've never hungered for anyone before." "I am throbbing inside for you." Uhg.

Pet Peeve #2: Self-deprecating 'tough-guy' constantly apologizing for stuff that's not even a big deal and in general, being a big fat weirdo. "question myself ... w
Beck
This is probably my favourite book written by Cameron Dane...the characteres are so vividly portrayed...their flaws and defects are so very real but it is wonderful to read about how, together, they are are able to overcome the damage done to them in their past and become whole, happy and functional within their relationship...yes the HEA is trite and twee...yes the angst is contrived and melodramatic...but who cares?...the sex is smoking hot...the characters are knicker-dampeningly handsome...i ...more
Makhda
Jun 24, 2015 Makhda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Makhda by: ~~D✡ni ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~
Damn chemistry!!

I admit once upon a time I've read one of her books. And I didn't quite like it. But thank goodness my friend encouraging me to read this one. Thank you, Dani!

Maybe too much sex for me but I don't let it bother me. I loved them. I loved Jonah and Christian. I loved seeing them together. I almost tag this book in 'mates'. And that's little crazy because this is not PNR book, obviously.

Loved this book. :))
Nile Princess
Absolutely loved this book. It was heartwarming, compelling and the characters are nuanced and honest-to-goodness lovable. With Jonah and Christian, I felt the author corrected many of the issues that bugged me with some of her other books. There was more 'showing' and less 'telling'; conversations were more evenly paced and didn't feel like info dump; sex scenes were not flowery and laced with corny declarations, and the men were very MALE even though they were loving. I cheered for Jonah and C ...more
UKSandy
Dec 30, 2010 UKSandy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Vivian
Emotional read about two guys who met during foster care and reunited again later.

Jonah took the hard road, but when called returns to fulfill a promise. After some hard knocks he's sorted out a lot of things, but there's still damage. Never having been emotionally invested he's having a hard time expressing himself.

Christian is a stand up guy. While his life wasn't easy he's managed just fine and is no one's doormat, but sometimes the past doesn't stay in the past. That can be good and bad, and
Heather C
3.5 Stars

This is my 3rd Cameron Dane novel and they have all remained consistent. A good love story frequently interrupted by really bad sex. I really liked Jonah and Christian and I liked their story ok. But the only way they could communicate was by having sex! (view spoiler)

If you like Cameron's other books, then I recommend this book to you. I'm sure you
Awilk -never sleeps-
I read a few reviews before deciding to read this, and from what I read, I was prepared for how good I thought this book was. The storyline had no big surprises for me, but I enjoyed the pace of the story, and I enjoyed all the characters.
Have read a few m/m romances lately, and this one wasn't my favourite, but it was not something I regret reading at all. I found it a sweet story that was a joy for me to read.
AmyI
3.5 stars from me! I don't know, I just had a hard time connecting with the story. I liked Christian and Jonah, but I didn't get all wrapped up in them like I usually do. I kept checking to see how much was left in the book, which is never a good sign :( Won't stop me from reading more from this author. Maybe I'll have better luck next time!
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
This is the best MM I have read in awhile, and I feel like I need to lower my ratings on some of the others in order to show that more clearly. It had the perfect balance between the emotional and physical sides of Christian and Jonah's relationship.

Jonah is a classic tortured hero, which were always my favourite kind of hero in MF, but I don't think I have ever met a tortured hero in MM before. Except for maybe Fen from Ghost, but he is so complicated that we are not going to get into that righ
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Lenore
This was one of the lighter (almost no crime/suspense, not at all angsty plot) Cameron Dane books. I would categorize it somewhere between the Cabin Fever and the Quinten, Montana books.

The main characters were OK but felt a little underdeveloped. Especially Christian. I got the usual "good guy" vibes from him but nothing much apart from that. I would have also liked to learn more about his relationship with his mother. How he managed to keep the balance, forgive her for letting him get swallowe
Kassa
This is a solidly written book with intense characters and some pretty hot sex scenes. That said, I struggled with this book and found my attention wandering at several points. There aren’t any huge glaring mistakes that I can point out as plot killers or even problems per se, although I’ll try to explain why I couldn’t seem to connect with the characters. For the majority of readers, you’ll really like this book. It has tight, concise writing with vivid scene detail and some interesting charact ...more
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Christian and Jonah were foster siblings separated 15 years ago. The death of their foster mother reunites the two towards a common cause: renovate her home to sell for a profit to be divided amongst her favorite charities. When Christian and Jonah see each other, the sparks fly. Between the home renovations, Christian's stalker ex, and Jonah overcoming his fear of intimacy, the two are hard pressed to earn their HEA.

I liked this book but it wasn't the best of Dane's work. I enjoyed bot
LauraZu
****3.6 STARS****

Apart from being extremely sexy and hot, this book was completely unexpected.
The dynamics that are at play here were surprising and had me second guessing what was gonna happen at every turn.
Teenage crushes turn to something more after 15yrs of no-contact between foster siblings Christian and Johan after they come together when they Foster 'mom' dies.
Don't let Christian's easy going and quiet nature fool you though, strong, sexy, commanding, sweet and bossy guy hides undernea
Tj
Jan 01, 2015 Tj rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
It was more a 3.5 star than 4 but rounded it up because I'm a sucker for a sweet story. The premise of this story was a wonderful idea. The characters were vivid. The drawback was that everything seemed too easy which lead to a believability issue. Now don't get me wrong I really don't usually mind my romance having "reality" issues but this story seems more a "real" story than not. It really called for more reality than there seemed to be. I believe it is a solid story though and pushed all my ...more
  • Bareback (Bareback, #1)
  • Handyman (Handyman #1)
  • Out of My Mind
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • The Assignment (Assignment, #1)
  • As You Are
  • The One That Got Away
  • Finding Zach (Finding Zach, #1)
  • Just For You
  • The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1)
  • The Trap
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Talker (Talker, #1)
  • Collision Course (Florida Books, #2)
  • Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1)
I am an air force brat and spent most of my growing up years living overseas in Italy and England, as well as Florida, Georgia, Ohio, and Virginia while we were stateside. I now live in Florida once again with my big, wonderfully pushy family and my three-legged cat, Harry. I have been reading romance novels since I was twelve years old, and twenty years later I still adore them. Currently, I have ...more
More about Cameron Dane...

Foster Siblings (3 books)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • Brokedown Hearts (Foster Siblings #3)
Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1) Grey's Awakening (Cabin Fever, #2) Aidan and Ethan (Seeking Redemption, #1) Knowing Caleb (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #5) Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)

“You are the other half of my freedom. I believe I can fly now because I have you.” 2 likes
“For the first time in his life, Jonah thought he found the person hiding inside him; he knew who he was supposed to be. Christian's man.
Jonah shuddered, frightened to his core by the certainty of that thought living in his soul.”
2 likes