Start by marking “Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)” as Want to Read:
Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)

Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #7)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  6 reviews
When an infamous mobster contracts Desiree to catch a killer, the overweight detective bites off more even she can chew.
Published February 1st 2000 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Can Spoil Your Appetite

Ellen
NOW THIS IS PERSONAL

Desiree Shapiro, P.I., receives an offer she can't refuse. Vito da Silva, a big time New Jersey mobster, requests her immediate attention into the murder of his close friend, Frank Vincent. Regardless of Desiree's attempts to avoid becoming involved with a mobster...Vito handed her a huge check and gave Desiree her marching orders. Chief of Police Hicks would be waiting for her at the Riverton, New Jersey Police Station.

Chief Hicks is none too pleased with Desiree's arrival b
Kathie H
Mar 25, 2008 Kathie H rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only those who don't think their writing is good enough to get published
This book is so poorly written I cannot believe the author got anyone to publish it. I hardly know where to start. The author has every character saying, "At any rate...", & "I phoned" instead of "called," & so many more examples of exceedingly bad writing. I can suspend disbelief as well as the next person, but this "heroine" who calls herself a private detective is so inept that it defies logic on every level. The author uses so many cliches certainly some laws of writing must have bee ...more
Ophelia London
Other than the very odd over-usage of the term "at any rate..." by numerous characters, this was a pretty cute cozy mystery.
Ramona
I have had this book on my bookshelves forever. I have no idea what took me so long to read it!? I love a mystery where I cannot figure out who the killer is and this one kept me guessing right up until the end. FABULOUS!

It's about a p.i named Desiree Shapiro. She gets hired by a mob guy to find out whoe killed his friend an aspiring politician. She gets to work with the local police and ends up falling for her partner while they attempt to solve the murder.

Kj
Sep 21, 2012 Kj rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: eichler
I do not know why this one took me so long to read but it dragged on. I usually love Des but she seemed so out of it in this book. I only have one more left in the series and I am sad b/c she was different than any other author or character. I love Des and I will miss her but this book was not her best.
Sandy Neal
I enjoyed the surprise ending and the recipe. I actually made the Lemon Souffle which is more like a mousse but was very good. My co-workers enjoyed it!
William Land
William Land marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Karen Berzins
Karen Berzins marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Valorie
Valorie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Diane L (Evana)
Diane L (Evana) marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Acffac
Acffac added it
Nov 27, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Tiffany Cooper
Tiffany Cooper marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Amy Medeiros
Amy Medeiros marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Sherri Fisher
Sherri Fisher marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Corris
Corris added it
Oct 03, 2014
Ann Trotter
Ann Trotter marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Leah Laczny
Leah Laczny marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Susanne Steinbock
Susanne Steinbock marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Murder Shoots the Bull (Southern Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Hocus Croakus (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #19)
  • Femmes Fatal (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #5)
  • Southern Ghost (Death on Demand, #8)
  • The Murder at the Murder at the Mimosa Inn (Claire Malloy, #2)
  • The Cooking School Murders (Eugenia Potter, #1)
  • Stay At Home Dead (Stay At Home Dad Mystery #1)
  • Once Bitten (Melanie Travis, #8)
  • Corpse Suzette (Savannah Reid, #11)
  • Shoot from the Lip (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #4)
  • A Knife to Remember (Jane Jeffry, #5)
Selma Eichler is a freelance writer who lives in New York with her husband. She is the creator of 'Desiree Shapiro', private eye in New York City.

Series:
* Desiree Shapiro Mystery
More about Selma Eichler...

Desiree Shapiro Mystery (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Murder Can Kill Your Social Life (Desiree Shapiro, #1)
  • Murder Can Ruin Your Looks (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #2)
  • Murder Can Stunt Your Growth (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #3)
  • Murder Can Wreck Your Reunion (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #4)
  • Murder Can Spook Your Cat (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #5)
  • Murder Can Singe Your Old Flame (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #6)
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #8)
  • Murder Can Cool Off Your Affair (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #9)
  • Murder Can Rain on Your Shower (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #10)
  • Murder Can Botch Up Your Birthday (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #11)
Murder Can Kill Your Social Life (Desiree Shapiro, #1) Murder Can Ruin Your Looks (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #2) Murder Can Spook Your Cat (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #5) Murder Can Stunt Your Growth (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #3) Murder Can Wreck Your Reunion (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #4)