Start by marking “The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook : Quick and Easy Recipes for Delicious Low-fat Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, and Desserts” as Want to Read:

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Imagine savoring three delicious, satisfying meals every day without worrying about counting calories or calculating fat grams. Now you can enjoy hundreds of combinations of tempting, flavorful breakfasts, lunches, dinners--even desserts--"all for only 1200 calories a day."

Every dinner contains no more than 400 calories per serving. Each breakfast and lunch contains only 3
Published September 1st 1994 by McGraw-Hill

To ask other readers questions about The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 1200-Calorie-a-Day Menu Cookbook

N.L. Riviezzo
A decent collection of recipes. My primary complaint is that everything is for 4 servings or more which makes it not overly practical when cooking for one or two people. About half of the recipes can be divided but not easily. Also I found it a bit reliant on commercial products that are quite unhealthy even with reduced calories like light bread, fat free cream cheese and boxed cake mix which all have excessive amounts of high fructose corn syrup added to them. In lieu of light bread, I suggest ...more
Kellea
May 14, 2012 Kellea rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cooks, chefs, calorie counters, dieters
Shelves: cookbooks
I'm starting to like these cookbooks with a "set menu" style of meal planning. I don't enjoy having to come up with new meals everyday so the more cookbooks like The 1200 Calorie A Day Cookbook I can find will make my life much easier. And although this book was published in 1994 and there have been new versions of this type of cookbook, this one is still a great resource with some great recipes. I definitely recommend this as an addition to your cookbook collection.

Read all of my cookbook revi
Isis Isis
Out of date with current wisdom in nutrition. Follow this diet and you'll be malnourished, losing muscle tone and lacking vitality for certain.
S
S added it
Jun 10, 2015
Pedraza1081
Pedraza1081 marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Sai Suman
Sai Suman marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Gj
Gj marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Haniz Jaafar
Haniz Jaafar marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
The 1,500-Calorie-A-Day Cookbook The 4-Ingredient Diabetes Cookbook The Diabetes Fast-Fix Slow-Cooker Cookbook: Fresh Twists on Family Favorites 15-Minute Diabetic Meals The 300-Calorie One-Dish Meal Cookbook: Fast and Fabulous Recipes for Easy Low-Calorie, Low-Fat Dinners