Start by marking “Wild Thing” as Want to Read:
Wild Thing

Wild Thing

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  18 reviews
They needed no words between them…

The man has no identity, no past and the mind of a genius packaged in rippling muscles and sun-seared skin. It was Dr. Elizabeth Holden’s job to uncover the mystery of this man, who seemed to speak only the language of the flesh.

His blatant masculinity frightened and excited her all at once. But his savage facade hid a vulnerability only s
Published October 10th 2000 by Harlequin Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Thing

Black Ice by Anne StuartRuthless by Anne StuartIce Blue by Anne StuartIce Storm by Anne StuartCold As Ice by Anne Stuart
Best Anne Stuart Books
22nd out of 65 books — 119 voters
Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellAnnie's Song by Catherine AndersonComanche Moon by Catherine AndersonTexas Destiny by Lorraine HeathThe Texan's Wager by Jodi Thomas
Favorite Historical Western Romance Novels
350th out of 414 books — 786 voters

More lists with this book...

Holly
Dr. Elizabeth (Libby) Holden is brought to a private island somewhere near Australia to help study and validate an incredible find. Her benefactor, Edward Hunnicutt, believes he has within his possession the missing link. A lost child of the jungle who has grown into "Tarzan" who is now locked away in Hunnicutt's observation facilities. At first, Dr. Elizabeth is busy envisioning Nobel Prizes and other major scientific awards, but when she finally sees the mysterious Tarzan, she's suspicious, as ...more
Dina
May 16, 2011 Dina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: Agent Scully & Holly R from Amazon
Thanks to the reviews I read before starting this book, I knew that I had to check reality at the door to enjoy it. All I can say is, I'm glad I did. Wow, what an unbelievable plot! I won't go into details here - you can read Holly R's review for a better take on the story - but I think I mastered the eye-rolling thing while reading this book, LOL.

Since I knew what to expect and braced myself for it, I ended up having some fun. Libby's initial non-stop babbling and subsequent silence treatment w
Maldivianbookreviewer
I liked:

1- The unique storyline in this novel. I have never read a book of the Tarzan-Jane theme and this was a refreshing change from the usual bunch of romances that line my bookshelves.

2- John. He is one delicious hunk of man flesh which just makes my mouth water. And of course there is a lot to be said for his broody nature, his restless soul that continually seeks something which it cannot find until he holds his Libby in his arms. *sigh*

3- Libby. Lord, she made laugh a couple of times with
Ana T.
Enjoying a holiday yesterday gave me time to finish Anne Stuart’s Wild Thing and start a new book. Wild Thing is a book about a doctor hired to study a savage man found in the woods believed to be some sort of missing link.

I was worried before starting this one because the theme just didn’t appeal to me, I guess one Tarzan was enough for me. But as soon as I started it I could not put it down.

Dr Elizabeth Hunter arrives on a deserted Island where millionaire Ed Hunnicutt has built a modern faci
Foxfire
The story started off well. Female anthropologist is called in to study a man who appears to have grown up in the jungle. I was expecting in interesting story of how they learn to communicate and how we find out about his background.

It turns out he is a normal male who likes living in the jungle and had temporarily lost his voice so he couldn't speak. Instead of attempting any other means of communication, he fosters the mistaken belief he is a wild creature, which leads to him being drugged, ke
Sanya
For the first half it is absolutely ridiculous, after it gets better. The only thing that saves it is Anne Stuart's no-nonsense writing. I think she had a helluva good time writing this little story.
Rebecca
Anne Stuart has a gift for turning the most unlikely characters into heroes that you can root for. In this case, it's kind of a spin on the Tarzan story. You'll need a little suspension-of-disbelief, but still a very fun (and funny) romp. John and Libby manage to generate plenty of sparks, even though he spends most of the book not talking.
Crista
Leave it up to Anne Stuart to write a book like this. I wonder if she spends time thinking "What's the most unlikely of heroes?," and then sets out to make that person just that...a hero.

This time it's "Tarzan!"....and it works. What I really liked was the humor. Stuart's humor catches you off guard at times because it is so unexpected in the backdrop of her "dark" story lines. In this one Libby is a scientist hired to "study" this "wild man". She feels sorry for him, let's him go,...and he car
Yukino
AMMISSIONE

Ammetto che non è proprio il mio genere soprattutto se ha pochissime pagine e non capivo neanche io perch+ lo stavo leggendo.

ma...

scrittura davvero curata e i personaggi ben delineati, con caratteristiche precise. La storia non è una novità però devo dire che scivola via veleocemente e l'ho trovata divertente in alcuni punti e romantica in altri.

Anche se è corto è strutturato bene non è noioso e non si perde.

ok forse sono partita prevenuta, e mi sono dovuta ricredere. consigliato alle
Jessica
Completely ridiculous in a surprisingly fun way.
garnetyuna
The premise and the beginning of the book was interesting, too bad it went deep down after a few pages. =w=
Foxfire has said everything I think of this book.
Michelle
This was a short book. While it was a decent story, it was definitely not her best writing. She's a scientist who observes the "wild" man in captivity, but he's a normal man captured by evil men. She's a city girl, he needs the wilderness.
sunsetsylvia
Was in the mood for a Tarzan-like story and ended up with this. Thoroughly ridiculous plot, but that I knew before. Made for an entertained afternoon, therefore the "it's ok" 2 star rating.
Ajnadenver
Classic Anne Stuart. A little loony with the bad guys, but it'll completely redeem itself by the end. Great little romance!
Jacqueline
Short read. Decent but just that. Not much really happened. Pretty implausible on the whole
Tash
Aww :) what a cute little story! It was short and sweet and I liked it!
cookiemonger
cookiemonger marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Noel
Noel marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Diessy
Diessy marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Adnana
Adnana marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Jun 02, 2015
  • River of Eden
  • Don't Look Back
  • Wild Orchids
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9)
  • Sing My Name
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Witness Seduction
  • Prairie Moon
  • Wild Encounter
  • Hot Text
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Worth the Trip
  • Edge of Survival
  • Parting Gifts
  • Secret Admirer
  • Indecent Deception (Harlequin Presents, #1740)
  • Two Alone
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...
Black Ice (Ice, #1) Ruthless (The House of Rohan, #1) Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) Ice Blue (Ice, #3)