Start by marking “Wild Thing” as Want to Read:
Wild Thing

Wild Thing

They needed no words between them…

The man has no identity, no past and the mind of a genius packaged in rippling muscles and sun-seared skin. It was Dr. Elizabeth Holden’s job to uncover the mystery of this man, who seemed to speak only the language of the flesh.

His blatant masculinity frightened and excited her all at once. But his savage facade hid a vulnerability only s
Published October 10th 2000 by Harlequin Books (first published 2000)

Black Ice by Anne StuartRuthless by Anne StuartIce Blue by Anne StuartCold As Ice by Anne StuartIce Storm by Anne Stuart
Best Anne Stuart Books
23rd out of 65 books — 129 voters
Transcendence by Shay SavageRuth's Bonded by V.C. LancasterIce Planet Barbarians by Ruby DixonGron's Fated by V.C. LancasterRal's Woman by Laurann Dohner
Me Tarzan, You Jane
8th out of 16 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️

4.5 Jungle Love Stars!!!

Anthropologist and Linguistic expert, Dr. Elizabeth “Libby” Hunter arrives on Ghost Island at the request of a billionaire who funds her grants. The island is uninhabited except for the facility built there to study the “Missing Link aka Tarzan” a man living in the wild on the island that he and his associates captured and are studying. As soon as she sees him, she is outraged at his treatment and the more time she spends with him she feels some sort of attraction to the
Holly
Mar 24, 2009 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: anne-stuart
Dr. Elizabeth (Libby) Holden is brought to a private island somewhere near Australia to help study and validate an incredible find. Her benefactor, Edward Hunnicutt, believes he has within his possession the missing link. A lost child of the jungle who has grown into "Tarzan" who is now locked away in Hunnicutt's observation facilities. At first, Dr. Elizabeth is busy envisioning Nobel Prizes and other major scientific awards, but when she finally sees the mysterious Tarzan, she's suspicious, as ...more
MBR
I liked:

1- The unique storyline in this novel. I have never read a book of the Tarzan-Jane theme and this was a refreshing change from the usual bunch of romances that line my bookshelves.

2- John. He is one delicious hunk of man flesh which just makes my mouth water. And of course there is a lot to be said for his broody nature, his restless soul that continually seeks something which it cannot find until he holds his Libby in his arms. *sigh*

3- Libby. Lord, she made laugh a couple of times with
Dina
May 16, 2011 Dina rated it liked it
Recommended to Dina by: Agent Scully & Holly R from Amazon
Thanks to the reviews I read before starting this book, I knew that I had to check reality at the door to enjoy it. All I can say is, I'm glad I did. Wow, what an unbelievable plot! I won't go into details here - you can read Holly R's review for a better take on the story - but I think I mastered the eye-rolling thing while reading this book, LOL.

Since I knew what to expect and braced myself for it, I ended up having some fun. Libby's initial non-stop babbling and subsequent silence treatment w
Linda
An extremely generous 2.5 stars.

'Wild thing, you make my heart sing…..'

An alpha male, a brilliant but mixed-up female doctor and a creepy suspense plot.

'Wild thing, I think I love you.'

Hormone glands on overload.

'But I wanna know for sure'

Just who is this guy? And why was she so attracted to him?

'So come on and hold me tight'

Sex.

'I love you.'

The End

~a old 1960s song sung by The Troggs
Ana T.
Feb 07, 2008 Ana T. rated it really liked it
Enjoying a holiday yesterday gave me time to finish Anne Stuart’s Wild Thing and start a new book. Wild Thing is a book about a doctor hired to study a savage man found in the woods believed to be some sort of missing link.

I was worried before starting this one because the theme just didn’t appeal to me, I guess one Tarzan was enough for me. But as soon as I started it I could not put it down.

Dr Elizabeth Hunter arrives on a deserted Island where millionaire Ed Hunnicutt has built a modern faci
Melanie
Featured in 'Anne Stuart's Out of Print Gems'.
Foxfire
Mar 23, 2013 Foxfire rated it did not like it
The story started off well. Female anthropologist is called in to study a man who appears to have grown up in the jungle. I was expecting in interesting story of how they learn to communicate and how we find out about his background.

It turns out he is a normal male who likes living in the jungle and had temporarily lost his voice so he couldn't speak. Instead of attempting any other means of communication, he fosters the mistaken belief he is a wild creature, which leads to him being drugged, ke
Sanya
May 21, 2012 Sanya rated it liked it
Shelves: jungle-adventure
For the first half it is absolutely ridiculous, after it gets better. The only thing that saves it is Anne Stuart's no-nonsense writing. I think she had a helluva good time writing this little story.
Nessa
Jul 06, 2016 Nessa rated it liked it
I DONT KNOW HOW ANYONE CAN EQUATE ALL THAT HAPPENED IN THE BOOK AS LOVE.....more like bizarre circumstances.

Or maybe insta love? Which I find is a bore to read because where is the fun in that? The only part I enjoyed was when Elizabeth gave John the silent treatment. That was satisfying to see him grovel for acting like he was a jungle man who couldnt understand a word she said and she was a chatterbox.

IT IS A WHIRLWIND ROMANCE....OR RATHER AFFAIR?
Chris
You John, me Libby. Well, that's the short summary for this story.
This is a case of false-identity gone so wrong with experimental chamber in the middle of an island owned by multibillionaire megalomaniac, his two pet hoodlums plus a naive gifted Dr. Elizabeth 'Jane' Holden and you'll have a demigod captured to be a pet hamster for the likes of people who have so much money on their hands. Yaz, a plus bonus! Lucky you Libby!
Rebecca
Feb 23, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Anne Stuart has a gift for turning the most unlikely characters into heroes that you can root for. In this case, it's kind of a spin on the Tarzan story. You'll need a little suspension-of-disbelief, but still a very fun (and funny) romp. John and Libby manage to generate plenty of sparks, even though he spends most of the book not talking.
Crista
May 19, 2010 Crista rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, contemporary
Leave it up to Anne Stuart to write a book like this. I wonder if she spends time thinking "What's the most unlikely of heroes?," and then sets out to make that person just that...a hero.

This time it's "Tarzan!"....and it works. What I really liked was the humor. Stuart's humor catches you off guard at times because it is so unexpected in the backdrop of her "dark" story lines. In this one Libby is a scientist hired to "study" this "wild man". She feels sorry for him, let's him go,...and he car
Country Goose
Feb 09, 2016 Country Goose rated it liked it
I can't add a lot to the synopsis without ruining the plot for the reader. It's good, but not THAT good.

It's not rushed or choppy, but it is missing some elements for a great read.

It's an adventure or action genre. A survival without the impending doom feeling.

Yukino
Sep 27, 2012 Yukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2011
AMMISSIONE

Ammetto che non è proprio il mio genere soprattutto se ha pochissime pagine e non capivo neanche io perch+ lo stavo leggendo.

ma...

scrittura davvero curata e i personaggi ben delineati, con caratteristiche precise. La storia non è una novità però devo dire che scivola via veleocemente e l'ho trovata divertente in alcuni punti e romantica in altri.

Anche se è corto è strutturato bene non è noioso e non si perde.

ok forse sono partita prevenuta, e mi sono dovuta ricredere. consigliato alle
garnetyuna
Jan 15, 2014 garnetyuna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f
The premise and the beginning of the book was interesting, too bad it went deep down after a few pages. =w=
Foxfire has said everything I think of this book.
Tanisha
Amazingly how she can create totally out of the line plots.
She is the only author I know, whose multiple books can be read in one go and not get bored.
Each and every book have its own style and characteristics.
She is like a gold mine, I m just loving it.
Michelle
Jan 14, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: traded-sold
This was a short book. While it was a decent story, it was definitely not her best writing. She's a scientist who observes the "wild" man in captivity, but he's a normal man captured by evil men. She's a city girl, he needs the wilderness.
sunsetsylvia
Apr 09, 2011 sunsetsylvia rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Was in the mood for a Tarzan-like story and ended up with this. Thoroughly ridiculous plot, but that I knew before. Made for an entertained afternoon, therefore the "it's ok" 2 star rating.
Ajnadenver
Aug 30, 2008 Ajnadenver rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romancetastic
Classic Anne Stuart. A little loony with the bad guys, but it'll completely redeem itself by the end. Great little romance!
Jacqueline
Short read. Decent but just that. Not much really happened. Pretty implausible on the whole
Tash
Sep 21, 2011 Tash rated it liked it
Aww :) what a cute little story! It was short and sweet and I liked it!
Jessica
Mar 13, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
Completely ridiculous in a surprisingly fun way.
Dena
Feb 09, 2013 Dena rated it liked it
Shelves: alpha-hero
3.5*
JauntilyAskew
JauntilyAskew marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Maria
Maria added it
Sep 22, 2016
KC
KC marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
  • Don't Look Back
  • Wild Orchids
  • All or Nothing (The Lonnigans, #2)
  • Gabriel Hawk's Lady (The Protectors, #9)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • River of Eden
  • Worth the Trip
  • Skin Tight (Skin, #2)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Wild Encounter
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Witness Seduction
  • Hot Text
  • Prairie Moon
  • Sing My Name
  • Indecent Deception
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Fight or Flight
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...