Start by marking “Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days” as Want to Read:
Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days

Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days (Invincible #11)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  831 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Invincible and Atom Eve are dating at last - but Mark has just recently moved back in with his mom and half brother. To make matters worse, Mark finds himself staring down the deadliest bunch of villains he's faced thus far - including The Astounding Wolf-Man Collects Invincible #54-59 and The Astounding Wolf-Man #11.
Published August 25th 2009 by Image Comics (first published August 24th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible, Vol. 11

Watchmen by Alan MooreChew, Vol. 1 by John LaymanRunaways, Vol. 1 by Brian K. VaughanAkira, Vol. 1 by Katsuhiro OtomoHellboy, Vol. 1 by Mike Mignola
Favorite Comics
39th out of 85 books — 29 voters
Low, Vol. 1 by Rick RemenderJupiter's Legacy Volume 1 by Mark MillarMorning Glories, Vol. 1 by Nick SpencerInvincible, Vol. 1 by Robert KirkmanInvincible, Vol. 2 by Robert Kirkman
Image Comics Library (TPB only) H-P
48th out of 89 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Paz R.M.
3 Stars.
Invincible, vol 11: Happy Days. Once again a perfect title 'cause there's not much happening in Invincible's life this time. This volume collects issues #54-59 and The Astounding Wolf-Man #11 and it is an in-between collection of short stories, mostly about Mark's happy days with Eve (I'm sorry guys, I just don't like Eve) and how their relationship is growing. We also have a little two issue crossover with The Astounding Wolf-Man, that actually didn't feel out of place at all, but it is
Michael (Mai)
Mar 03, 2015 Michael (Mai) rated it it was amazing
Damn. Every time. It's always such a good read. I've had this giant stack of comics just sitting there, waiting to be read. And I always put it off because it's such a daunting stack. Then every time I start to read it again I'm always amazed by what Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottley can accomplish in a single issue and it's impact on the volume as a whole.

The art is amazing as usual. So clean and crisp even when a character is bloody. I think my favorite moment was the collage of the good and bad
Raj

Amazon

This is bold text.

This is italic text.

This text is underlined.

This text is striked out.

This would be indented text.

This is block quote

This would be a new paragraph on GR.com but not a new paragraph on the device.
vijay

Amazon

This is bold text.

This is italic text.

This text is underlined.

This text is striked out.

This would be indented text.

This is block quote

This would be a new paragraph on GR.com but not a new paragraph on the device.
Alenka
Dec 24, 2015 Alenka rated it really liked it
Intrigued to see Eve run a business! Will Kirkman finally give her a decent storyline because she's motivated by wanting to bang Mark?? Let's find out!

Snark and legit annoyances aside, I'm excited to watch things with Nolan and Allen progress! Also, digging the idea of Oliver working with Robot & co. Kirkman also continues to add nuance and darkness to the story; how do heroes cope with being murderers? How does a hero like Amanda cope with a curse that is ruining her life but let's her save
Michael Church
Aug 28, 2013 Michael Church rated it liked it
Shelves: image
The parts of this book that were meh were very meh. The parts that were great were very great. Overall it's an average book, largely because it's a collection of in between stories and not an overarching narrative.

The first couple of stories were pretty weak and had some forced drama for Mark and the crew. Then we're treated to another Allen the Alien issue (again because Mark's activities needed to be censored - something I find hilarious) that picks up where we left him and it's a great ride.
Eric
Nov 27, 2009 Eric rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This was fun to read and I can see how its laying out the pieces on the board for something big to happen. I didn't really feel the mounting tension, though, which I think was intentional. The title, "Happy Days," kind of sums it up with a breather from deep emotional pain. Even the bad guys don't seem as bad.

I wonder a lot why there seems to be a stigma against happy stories (or music, for that matter). I think its harder to find a good one than a good thriller or painful drama. I guess for the
Arminzerella
Paul Allard
Apr 15, 2016 Paul Allard rated it liked it
A variety of storylines but still entertaining

This volume includes a time-travel story, a chapter about Allen the Alien and Mark's father, stories about Mark and Eve's relationship and his growing conflict with Cecil and the Guardians of the Globe.

11 volumes in and again it's all getting a bit tiresome so I'm taking a break from Invincible for a while although I've another 5 volumes to get through. I'm looking for more originality and less dramatic fight scenes.
Thomas Moudry
Mar 01, 2014 Thomas Moudry rated it it was amazing
There's lots to like in this Invincible collection, including Invincible and Atom Eve becoming heroes-for-hire, the returns of Allen the Alien and Omni-Man, and a cool team-up/crossover with The Astounding Wolf-Man. Despite the sometimes bloody battles with super-villains, Invincible full of fun; it's a frothy blend of super-heroics and soap opera—not unlike Marvel in better days.
Brad
Nov 25, 2009 Brad rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Another in-between collection for Invincible, with a set of small stories as well as plenty of story points dangling for bigger stuff down the road. The first issue is the best, cementing the Invincible/Atom Eve relationship. There's a two-issue The Astounding Wolf-Man crossover that's fine, though I'm unfamiliar with the character. Amusingly, both covers feature the two heroes brawling, yet they don't fight in the actual story. In the background, the Allen the Alien/Omni-Man, ex-Teen Team/Guard ...more
Timothy Boyd
May 10, 2015 Timothy Boyd rated it liked it
A good comic series. Nice plot and art. The stories are a little more graphic and adult than the ones I started off reading in the 1960s but still not as bad as many of the ones that today's comics have turned into. The stories remind me of reading the good solid fun comic books of the older Marvel and DC era of the 1960's but undated to today's world. Recommended
Lance Howard
Jul 21, 2013 Lance Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: want-to-buy
A mush mash of stories, ranging from Omni-Man and Allen the Alien's escape from the Viltrumites to Powerplex doing the unthinkable while trying to get revenge on Invincible. We also get a crossover with the Astounding Wolf-Man, Amanda gets great news about her monstrous condition, Rus Livingston has more Sequids (seriously, does this guy not have any friends who check up on him?), and we find out who's been spying on Invincible.

The only thing wrong for me is the lack of one main story. It goes b
Hyzenthlay
May 06, 2014 Hyzenthlay rated it really liked it
THAT DATE! I wonder if my husband is secretly a superhero and that's why he's late for everything?
Shelly
Jan 17, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it
This book gets back on point and there is some reason and thought applied to actions!
Kevin
Oct 03, 2014 Kevin rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Invincible is always great. I love this title.
Fizzgig76
Reprints Invincible #54-59 and Astounding Wolf-Man #11. Invincible meets the Astounding Wolf-Man, and the secret that the Vitrumites have been hiding is exposed by Nolan. Invincible continues to be a solid story, but as collections, it doesn't work as well. This collection is kind of bogged down by the obligatory cross over with Kirkman's failing Astounding Wolf-Man which takes up two issues.
Adam
Mar 09, 2013 Adam rated it really liked it
Another great collection. Kirkman nails the characteres again and expands the universe bby crossing over his Wolfman with Invincible. We also get to see how powerful Allen is and the relationship he forges with Nolan. Kirkman handles the subtle moments of yong love and dealing with family just as well as the big action. This is definitely a winning combionation of writer, art, and characters.
Jeffrey
May 23, 2012 Jeffrey rated it liked it
Mark and Samantha finally get some time together as a couple in this eleventh volume of the Invincible series. While they get their time together, we visit some other events as Allen and Nolan escape from their Viltrumite prison and see the impact Invincible has in his ongoing catastrophic battles. Sort of a lull and set-up for future volumes, but entertaining nonetheless.
Nico
Dec 28, 2012 Nico added it
Volume 11 is a welcome addition to the Invincible line. We see the beginnings of the working relationship between Omni-Man and Allen the Alien and Invincible taking his romance with Atom Eve to the next level,verbally and physically. Sadness, levity, and superhero derring-do are all here.
Ian
Nov 09, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
Water-treading, except for the issue which I assume is included to entice me into reading 'the Astounding Wolf-Man,' but really only annoys me that a title character is treading water in someone else's book.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 15, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Another fun, relatively low-key volume. The highlights are the interactions with Eve and the issue starring Allen the Alien. The two-parter with Wolf-Man feels much more irrelevant, which it is.
Joe
Oct 17, 2012 Joe rated it really liked it
This is what comics should be...
Joe Young
Jan 10, 2011 Joe Young rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars.
Oliver
Nov 25, 2013 Oliver rated it it was amazing
:-)
Kurt Wasiluk
Kurt Wasiluk rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Joe Rauen
Joe Rauen marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Hope Malone
Hope Malone marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
  • Invincible Presents Atom Eve & Rex Splode Volume 1
  • Dynamo 5, Volume 1: Post-Nuclear Family
  • Powers, Vol. 7: Forever
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 9: Ring Out the Old (Ex Machina, #9)
  • Supreme Power, Vol. 1: Contact
  • The Sword, Volume 3: Earth
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 2
  • The Boys, Volume 3: Good For The Soul
More about Robert Kirkman...

Invincible (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters
  • Invincible, Vol. 6: A Different World
  • Invincible, Vol. 7: Three's Company
  • Invincible, Vol. 8: My Favorite Martian
  • Invincible, Vol. 9: Out of This World
  • Invincible, Vol. 10: Who's the Boss?