Start by marking “Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1)

Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow #1)

Buffy and Xander arrive too late to stop Willow from taking revenge on Warren for the murder of Tara, and now they stand helpless as Willow determines to use whatever magick it takes to bring her lover back from the grave.
Published May 4th 2004 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Willow I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Willow I

Jim C
Jun 01, 2016 Jim C rated it really liked it
This is based on the television series and takes place during season six. But be aware. This book doesn't exist in this actual universe as this novel is an alternate reality book. This asks the question what would happen if the Scooby gang succeeded in getting Jonathan and Andrew out of town and denied Willow her revenge.

I like alternate reality scenarios but I am weary if the characters still hold true. This was accomplished in this book. This book is really enjoyable and the portrayals are wel
Sarah Crawford
Feb 03, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is sort of an alternate-reality story in which Willow really embraces her dark side after killing Warren. It's an interesting story, especially in the way in which Willow sets out to gain even more power than she already has in order to bring Tara back from the dead.

It's also a relatively dark story in which Willow's former friends become her targets, leading to one showdown in which Giles is left partially paralyzed. Willow's conversations with the ghost of Tara are quite important; on the
Ceejay
Aug 18, 2014 Ceejay rated it it was amazing
I always have time to read a Buffy book. Most of them are middle of the road (3 stars), but this novel is a beauty! This is part one of a trilogy centering on Willow. The plot of the trilogy is that Willow, after her lover's death, remains forever wicked. I loved this book so much that I made a quick trip to the library to pick up parts two and three. I can see why Ms. Navarro is a winner of the Bram Stoker award. She has captured all the characters from the Buffy series, and used them in a fant ...more
Elissa
Aug 02, 2011 Elissa rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book. Really, I did. I’m a huge, huge, HUGE fan of all things Joss Whedon/Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the idea of an alternate universe where Evil Willow was never stopped intrigued me. That is, until it was revealed just where the book turned away from the show and entered its own world.

You see, I was hoping that it would start to diverge around the end of the season 6 conclusion. That Willow would be so far gone by the time the book began that we’d hardly recognize the
Alexa
Feb 24, 2013 Alexa rated it really liked it
This book is fantastic and definitely one the best Buffy the Vampire Slayer books I have read, and I have read a lot. A lot of media tie-in books ultimately suffer a little from a predictable plot because the authors do not have the liberty to kill off characters. The book completely bypasses that by making the story occur in an alternative universe where anything can happen.
This book focuses a lot on Willow and Tara's relationship, which is really refreshing to read. This book is perfect for a
Rebecca
I really wanted to like this book but it didn't work out that way! This was book one in a trilogy giving an alternate ending to the Season 6 finale where Willow turns evil. The premise was good but the book was badly executed. The characters were done well and I could here and see them but the story just didn't grab me and I didn't like how it was playing out. I won't be finishing the set which is annoying because up till now I have read all of the Buffy books but I just don't want to finish it. ...more
Gene
Aug 01, 2016 Gene rated it did not like it
I always like a good alternate-reality story, but this one just didn't do it for me. It was not written that well - it seemed hurried and rushed in some points,and dragged on in others. And in the end, very little actually happened over the course of the book.
Angela
Aug 10, 2010 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire, witch, tv-tie-in
a twist on Season 6 - what if Willow wasn't stopped. I usually have trouble with TV crossover books, but for the most part Yvonne stays true to the characters and mythology of Buffy. Can't wait to start book 2
Wt Prater
Aug 09, 2015 Wt Prater rated it really liked it
Not generally a fan of AU, but I find this one intriguing. And finished... Ready to dive into the second book. Poor Willow, poor Buffy, poor everyone. Wow. That happened.
Natalie
Jul 05, 2010 Natalie rated it liked it
A good alternate version of the end of series 6 of Buffy, looking forward to the rest of the trilogy now!
Allison
Nov 12, 2009 Allison rated it it was amazing
I love alternate story lines!!!
bluetyson
isbn,original
kelsey cline
kelsey cline rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Jessica elgut
Jessica elgut rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Monica Emery
Monica Emery rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Anne MacIntosh
Anne MacIntosh rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Boux-Jacob Sheppard
Boux-Jacob Sheppard marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Heather Miller
Heather Miller marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Pamela Evans
Pamela Evans rated it liked it
delta mclaren
delta mclaren rated it it was amazing
Yvette Rogers
Yvette Rogers rated it it was amazing
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Dee Neeley
Dee Neeley rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Sarahsnl
Sarahsnl rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Lisa Hunt
Lisa Hunt rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Lilian  Oliveira
Lilian Oliveira marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Fast Times At Sun...: Wicked Willow Trilogy 1 13 Jun 05, 2013 11:42AM
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 3 (Tales of the Slayer, #3)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 4 (Tales of the Slayer, #4)
  • Heat (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #5; Angel: Season 4-5, #3)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Unnatural Selection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #19)
  • Spark and Burn (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #4)
  • The Burning (Unseen Trilogy, #1)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1)
Yvonne Navarro is the author of Concrete Savior, Highborn, AfterAge, deadrush, Final Impact, Mirror Me and a bunch of other books, plus Buffy the Vampire Slayer novels and tie-in novels for Hellboy, Elektra, and others."
More about Yvonne Navarro...

Wicked Willow (3 books)
  • Wicked Willow II: Shattered Twilight (Wicked Willow, #2)
  • Wicked Willow III: Broken Sunrise (Wicked Willow, #3)