Start by marking “Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)

Stenhuggaren (Fjällbacka #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  10,873 ratings  ·  987 reviews
När en av Fjällbackas hummerfiskare hittar en liten flicka drunknad, tror man först att hon dött av en olyckshändelse. Men obduktionen visar att hon har sötvatten med tvålrester i lungorna. Någon har alltså dränkt flickan inomhus, klätt på henne och kastat henne i havet. Men vem kan ha velat 7-åriga Sara så illa? Och varför?

Patrik Hedström blir tillsammans med sina kollege
Published May 1st 2006 by Månpocket (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Stenhuggaren, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stenhuggaren

Stephen Hayes
The first thjing I noticed about this book was the sticker placed on the cover, presumabl;y by the booksellers, saying "If you like Jo Nesbo you'll love this." And the books by Jo Nesbo have stickers saying "The next Stieg L:arsson". I'm not sure what these cvomparisons are supposed to achieve, except that Jo Nesbo's writing has recently come to look like a rather ineffectual attempt to imitate Stieg Larsson. But Lackberg has so far not tried to imitate either. Other than being crime fiction, an ...more
I got me somethin' to say about mystery books.

Over the past several years I've been reading more and more in the way of mysteries, and there are a few things I've noticed along the way. Although there are plenty of mysteries written and published in France, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Russia, and cetera, here in the United States we primarily see those that are written here, England, and the Scandinavian nations and it is those last three styles that I want to talk about. I say styles, because there is
I think this is one of the rare crime books I've read that my focus wasn't on who the killer was.The depth of the characters and the thorough psychological analysis gave a singural feeling to this book.In my opinion it portays greatly how important the family is in the growing process of a human and how much it can destroy a person.The story that was about the past although few pages each time succeded in making you realise the burden that 3 generations carried.I wasn't sure about the killer unt ...more
So I'm reading this book randomly taken from the "New Books" shelf at the library and about a quarter of the way through, I thought "I haven't read anything this badly written since ....what was it? Oh, right, that other Swedish book...." and I checked the Author profile, and yes, she was the person who wrote the last book I read that was this badly written. From that point, I just skimmed.

As with "The Ice Princess", most everyone outside the main detective is a one dimensional character. I'm gu
Camilla cria sempre tramas acessíveis mas complexas e com várias teias para resolver. São sempre livros agradáveis para se ler e passar boas horas embrenhados na história.
Adorei o primeiro volume desta série ("A princesa de gelo") e já não gostei tanto do segundo ("Gritos do passado"), no entanto, não deixa de ser uma boa leitura e deixa transparecer a mestria das palavras que tem Camilla.
Neste terceiro volume. . . arrisco a dizer que é o meu favorito. Desde o início que me prendeu e me manteve
The Stonecutter turned out to be such a tiresome read for me. It feels like the author tried to cover so many grounds in her book till she losed focus and failed to emphasis more on the thing that suppose to matter most: the mystery and the routes to solve it.

The main thing that can be found in The Stonecutter is the neverending emotional outburst mostly from the female characters. To read about their endless self-pity where they blame others for difficulties that they have to face is utterly e
Well, the reason why I stopped reading this series was the overload of unnecessary content in book 2. Said this, The Stonecutter is not only better than its predecessor, but also a good example of well-executed crime fiction.
Deanna Drai Turner
Well, I've done it. I finished the 3rd Lackberg Swedish murder mystery. This author really is something. I like her mind and like how she duct tapes together a story....When I first started this one, I thought I might not like it because it dealt with the death of a 7 year old girl. I don't like much of anything where a child comes to harm. But I understood why she did this, as our Protagonist Police Detective's woman just birthed a of course this gave him the extra impetus needed ...more
Andreia Silva
Cada vez mais fico com a sensação de que adoro ler policiais. Porque me fazem prender ao livro mas, sobretudo, me fazem esperar por uma resolução de um mistério que parece, por vezes, indecifrável. E os livros da Camilla Läckberg têm aumentado esse gosto em mim, como leitora.

"Teia de Cinzas" é o terceiro volume de uma saga com o detective Patrick Hedstrom e, apesar de ter lido o primeiro mas não o segundo, isso não impediu em nada o acompanhamento da história, em termos de história policial. Lê-
When a young girl is found dead in a fisherman's net, everybody assumes it was an accidental drowning. But after further examination to the body, it is determined that Sara, the dead girl, didn't drown by accident; she was in fact murdered. And Patrick Hedström, who is the father of a baby girl, is back leading the investigation. And once again he has to deal with deeply disturbed people and unearth the terrible secrets the Fjällbacka's families try to hide.

To be honest, I thought I would have a
I have a love/hate relationship with Camilla Lackberg. On the one hand, I really like her characters, to the extent that I'm disappointed when we don't get enough of a certain one in her novels (especially Erica; since the first novel she's been mostly a secondary figure--bring her back, Camilla!). I love the look into Swedish small-town life, where people let their babies sleep in strollers outside stores by themselves and cops don't carry guns.

And yet ... and yet ... Her writing is just okay.
I keep picking up Camilla Läckberg's books because she produces work that are reliably entertaining, have a solid mystery and like-able main characters. This one didn't disappoint. I especially enjoy how she lets her secondary characters grow and change over the course of the series. This is an earlier book than the ones I've read so far and it was intriguing to see starting points/early stages for this development.
Bryan Cardenas
Before start, I have to point out that this was the second book I read from this author, who already is becoming one of my favorites.

When I start a book of this genre, I want it confused me, fill me with fear but also keep me intrigued and guessing. And of course this one did it. The pace of this book is irrepressible and together with my good friend Patrik Hedstrom I had to take several cups of coffee to stay awake all night Reading. School? that can wait.

This genre has become by far one of my
Gaby Franz
Una historia muy cruda pero que me tuvo fascinada durante toda la lectura. Siendo madre de una niña pude sentir el dolor de los padres al perder a su hija. El misterio, el suspense y las tramas secundarias hacen de esta novela la mejor hasta ahora de las tres que he leído de la saga. Mejora cada vez más, esperemos que sea así con los demás libros.
One of the most masterful Scandicrime fiction authors presents us with a thriller that has all the makings of a movie that will keep viewers at the edge of their seat until the ending credits flash on the screen.

The 3rd in the series, Detective Patrik Hedstrom and his team are tasked with finding the murderer of a young child, found in the water by a local fisherman. The investigation is blurred by secrets held by the family of the young child and by their feuding neighbors. But why is there as
The Stone Cutter
By Camilla Lackberg
3 stars

The Stone Cutter by Camilla Lackberg is a compelling book from the beginning when lobster fisherman in the village of Fjallbacka in Sweden pulls up a drowned child. When the police arrive detective, Patrik Hedstrom discovers that he knows the child. Sara, the dead child is daughter to Charlotte a close friend of Patrik's significant other Erica.

Lackberg's style is to move from one character another getting inside of their heads a telling brief vig
Is it just me or is the charm of Lackberg's books wearing off? I thought that the third installment in the Fjallbacka series will give us more character development coupled with a good mystery, but The Stonecutter is a lackluster novel with a thin plot and little depth. The two parallel naratives, one in the present and one in the past, didn't offer much in terms of suspense and, well, plot. I will be honest and admit that, at first, the narative in the past, concerning the stonecutter and the r ...more
Enganchada a la serie de los crímenes de Fjällbacka. A por el siguiente !
Η ζωή στη Φιελμπάκα συνεχίζεται. Ενώ η Ερίκα προσαρμόζεται στη νέα της ζωή με τη νεογέννητη Μάγια, ο Πάτρικ ερευνά το φόνο της 7χρονης Σάρα, κόρης της νέας φίλης της Ερίκα, Σαρλότ Φλουρίν.

Η μητέρα της Σαρλότ, Λίλιαν, κατηγορεί το γείτονά της, Κάι. Παράλληλα, έχουμε τα προβληματικά στιγμιότυπα από τη ζωή και τις σχέσεις των κατοίκων που εμφανίζουν σχέση με τους πρωταγωνιστές της ιστορίας, ασχέτως αν παίζουν καθοριστικό ρόλο στη διαλεύκανση του μυστηρίου ή όχι.

Ο Νίκλας, ο σύζυγος της Σαρλότ, την α
Interesting thriller book based in Sweden. The parallel story that follow the main seems out of place in the beginning but connects well in the end. I think this story had strong and interesting characters rather than plot. In fact, unlike most crime thrillers that might have a chase of the clues this one almost discarded all of that in favor of developing the characters so the reader can discern who seems the most likely culprit.
Hmmm. Just blitzed through "The Stranger" and "The Stonecutter" in the past week or two. Very readable, addictive, suspense novels I found. A bit infuriatingly like Dan Brown in the 'dun dun DUUUUUUUNNN" feeling you get at the end of each chapter. She seems to enjoy generating a gazillion characters in each novel, some of which relate to the central mystery, some of which merely touch it. They aren't confusing, and her character development is definitely a strength; you feel you are getting to k ...more
Neide Parafitas

Este livro é fabuloso!!! :)

Fiquei maravilhada com este 3º livro da autora que me baralhou por diversas vezes com a sequência de acontecimentos que se iam sucedendo.
Desta vez não achei que o ponto alto fosse descobrir o assassino, mas antes os motivos..

Para os apreciadores de policiais, este é um livro a não perder!!! :P

Le pensaba poner cuatro estrellas, pero la última página me hizo cambiar de opinión. Ni siquiera fue la resolución principal, aunque me sorprendió un poco leer quien fue la que mató a la nena, pero ya tenía en consideración a la persona.
Pude resolver uno de los problemas menores, pero más allá de eso, no me pareció predecible.
Cada libro que leo de la autora me parece mejor escrito que el anterior, y tengo muchas ganas de seguir leyendo sus novelas.
Una de las cosas que mas me gusta es que además
Me encantan los flashbacks de Camilla, pero creo que esta vez se ha excedido un poco. Y lo de las cenizas... en fin. De todas maneras, completamente enganchada, como siempre. Y la historia de Agnes también atrapaba , aunque se haga demasiado larga.
Já havia ouvido falar muito bem da autora e assino embaixo: todos os elogios são merecidos!!
Acontece um crime em uma cidadezinha costeira da Suécia (ou Noruega, sei lá...), uma criança é encontrada morta, no mar, enroscada em umas armadilhas de lagostas.
O policial Patrick vai investigar o caso e descobre que a criança é filha da melhor amiga de sua mulher. O caso é especialmente doloroso para ela, pois acabou de se tornar pai.
Patrick é um homem normal, não é nenhum super detetive, então não espe
Alisi ☆ needs to stop starting new books ☆
Much better than the last and I really like how the author's writing is improving with each book. I think the most notable improvement is the flashback scenes. She really handled them extremely well. They weren't long and were very well executed. This is probably the best example of flashbacks I've read in a long time.

On a side note, I wish the publishers would smack the translator. I think I've read more people being called 'whippersnapper' in these last three books than I've heard spoken my en
Mar 17, 2014 Emily rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emily by: sandra da campo
Shelves: nordic-noir
Ο "Λιθοξόος" όπως είναι ο πρωτότυπος τίτλος είναι το τρίτο βιβλίο της σειράς με ήρωα τον αστυνόμο Πάτρικ Χέντστρεμ. Διαδραματίζεται στην Φιελμπάκα, ένα χωριό κοντά στο Γέτεμποργ της Σουηδίας, όπως και τα άλλα βιβλία της σειράς. Για τόσο μικρό μέρος έχει πολλή εγκληματικότητα! Αν πάτε ποτέ μη μείνετε πολύ γιατί δεν ξέρετε τι μπορεί να σας συμβεί!
Με αφορμή το φόνο ενός μικρού κοριτσιού ξεδιπλώνεται η ειδυλιακή ζωή των κατοίκων και η αγνότης των συνηθειών τους, των δραστηριοτήτων τους και των σκέψε
The Writer
Stenhuggeren (The stone carver) is the third book in the Läckberg series about murder (and mysterious) cases in Fjällbacka, a sleepy town in Sweden. The first two books, Isprinsessen (The Ice princess) and Prædikanten (The preacher) have already introduced local policeman Patrik Hedström and his girlfriend Erica Falck as "mystery solvers" in town and the same rule goes also for the this book.

This time, Hedström had to deal with a child murderer after a body of nine-year old girl named Sara was f
Paul Pessolano
“The Stonecutter” by Camilla Lackberg”, published by Free Press.

Category – Mystery/Thriller

“The Stonecutter” is so well done it could possibly be considered Fiction/Literature. Although written in Scandinavian, the translation by Steven T. Murray is so good you would think it was written in English.

The book has everything in it that a reader could possibly imagine. Murders, deceit, betrayal, love, and the possibility of redemption (maybe) that becomes the backbone of this book. There are several
Filipe Miguel
Regressar a Fjällbacka pela mão de Camilla Läckberg começa a tornar-se um guilty pleasure que aprecio cada vez mais.

Não posso afirmar que os seus livros sejam obras-primas, ainda para mais depois de ter lido o seu primero - A Princesa de Gelo - que tão pouco gostei. Contudo, a mestria com que Camilla abordou o regresso aquela cidade costeira da Suécia em Gritos do Passado, e como conseguiu retornar novamente, transmitiu-me algo que vai bem além do simples policial com um crime para resolver.

• Summer Death
  • Paradies (Annika Bengtzon, #2)
  • Until Thy Wrath Be Past (Rebecka Martinsson, #4)
  • Night Rounds (Inspector Huss #2)
  • The Inner Circle (Anders Knutas, #3)
  • Sun and Shadow (Inspector Winter, #3)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • The Darkest Room (The Öland Quartet, #2)
  • Evas Öga (Inspector Konrad Sejer #1)
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow ...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...

Fjällbacka (9 books)
  • The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
  • The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2)
  • Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)
  • The Hidden Child (Patrik Hedström, #5)
  • The Drowning (Patrik Hedström, #6)
  • Fyrvaktaren (Patrik Hedström, #7)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Lejontämjaren

“La muerte era un estado, igual que la vida; ¿por qué iba a ser una mejor que otra?” 10 likes
“Su enfermedad, curiosamente, hacía que le resultara más fácil enfrentarse a ese dolor. El padecimiento físico reclamaba su atención en todo momento, relegando parte del sufrimiento del alma.” 1 likes