Start by marking “Skin Deep” as Want to Read:
Skin Deep

Skin Deep

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  344 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Jake gets far more than he bargains for when he agrees to allow his sister-in-law to set him up on a blind date with one of her coworkers. Even though Bree bears little resemblance to his ideal woman, Jake soon finds himself unable to stop pursuing the full- figured enchantress. When Bree plays hard to get, Jake realizes he'll have to work hard to tame his ebony temptress ...more
Published January 23rd 2009 by Red Rose Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Skin Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Deep

Game, Set, Match by Nana MaloneThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonTi Amo by Sienna MynxKiss of Ice by Lavender ParkerLa Sposa by Sienna Mynx
New Interracial BW/WM Romance
74th out of 231 books — 90 voters
The Opportunist by Tarryn FisherDirty Red by Tarryn FisherRule by Jay CrownoverForever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlinFate Interrupted by Kaitlyn Cross
Oh That Crazy Ex!
20th out of 23 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

PT
REVISED
This was my first Matilyn Lee book and I must admit that I was more than a little disappointed.
Frist off, this is erotica. I don't mind erotica, but I know a lot of people are put off by it, so consider yourself forewarned. The writing is interesting and the editing is better than average, which is pretty non-existent in the interracial genre.
My dislikes stems solely from the characters. The hero and heroine are just so unlikeable. The heroine seems...too stupid to live. She is easily ma
Nile Princess
Bree and Jake are very likeable in the beginning. Jake is set up on a blind date with Bree, and when she opens the door he realizes that she's not anyone he would look at twice on the street, or even once for that matter. Still, he goes along with it because he thinks his sister in law, Lea, is having a laugh at him and he wants to prove to her he's not shallow. His pursuit of Bree is very readable and it's fun because Bree sees him coming a mile away. The author explores their attraction to eac ...more
Mel
I normally don't like first-person POV stories where the author jumps from the hero to heroine but it worked for me here. Unlike most often, I actually really enjoyed this book though the book had severely critical reviews that made me second-guess reading it at all. Although it's crazy, not your everyday wrapped-up lovey-dovey romance, at least in my opinion, I loved the realism of it all. You don't normally see IR writers go into great depth about those selfish, stuck-up bastards that can't se ...more
nonashla james
Great read

it was good I love the story I want to slap lea every chance I got I love how Ms Lee stories
Kimchi
Ok this is a reread and I have to say this whole love triangle is the same that went on in her other books the only difference is the vampire in the other . The way jake became mad at every turn was childish and got on my nerves. And Bree was a bit weak willed if you ask me . Also the comforting a friend instead of being with your woman was done in another book that she wrote (nice girls do) . Just seemslike she took different parts and threw them together.
Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay
I did not particularly like this book. As another reader stated, I have problems with the guy refusing to use a condom and her accepting that, with the fact that he continuously points out that she is unattractive to him, and the ending in general with the sister-in-law. I have read erotica before and I think the sex scenes are even poorly written.
Nichole
I really loved the blurb from this book and that is what initially drew me in. It was wonderfully written by Marilyn Lee. She always come through with hot intimacy and a genuine love story. I really enjoyed that Jake thinks he has it all figured out when it comes to women and then Bree comes along and messes him up. What they survive what love has to offer?
raeneysa
one word to describe this book scandal that female villain really was disreputable I though about discontinued to read this book. but lucky i want to see how the heroine manage to survive,personally I know i couldn't put up with the hero but how she did it is beyond me.far as the hero i'm not even going to go there about him.
Bianca
I would have given it more stars if there weren't so many errors. But other then that I enjoyed it. It was a nice, quick read that I finish in one day.
Genney Blass
3.5 This book was interesting, Jake really was a Alpha Male. Lea was a mega Bitch. But Bree had to many hang ups.
Marcia Walkerdine
This was my introduction to this author and I have been hooked every since. Loved this book. I love all her stories.
Evadney Narcis
This shows that love come all different color and sizes, and we should judge people for it.

I finished this book in one setting. I enjoyed reading there characters. GREAT BOOK
Joanne
POV thing didn't work for me. not one of her best IMO
Elizabeth
Was the first one of her books that I read. Had me hooked!
Beth
A fun read.
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Tereasalew
Tereasalew marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Aliesha Delaney
Aliesha Delaney marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Daniellawyatt
Daniellawyatt marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Ivory Scott
Ivory Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Bonita Otey
Bonita Otey marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
  • Closer To You: Lee (The Drace Brothers #3)
  • The Reinvention of Chastity
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Special Forces
  • Happily Even After (The Second Time Around #1)
  • Friends
  • Love Script
  • Wild Wishes
  • Forever Jade
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • Wild, Wild Mess:Alanta
  • The Question
  • Loving the Beast
  • Pursuing Zarah (Zarah, #1)
  • City Wolf
Marilyn lives, works, and writes on the East Coast of The US. In additional to thoroughly enjoying writing erotic romances in various genres, she enjoys roller-skating, spending time with her large, extended family, and rooting for all her favorite hometown sports teams. She's still celebrating the Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Championship.

Her other interests include collecting Doc Savage pul
More about Marilyn Lee...
Nights of Desire Full Bodied Charmer Love Out Loud Falling For Sharde (Taking Chances, #1) The Fall Of Troy