Start by marking “The Yoga Mamas” as Want to Read:
The Yoga Mamas

The Yoga Mamas

They're pregnant. They're glamorous. They're blissfully balanced. Or maybe that's all just a pose...

Laura is pregnant. She is stressed. She is exhausted. So she takes a deep, yogic breath, forgets about her husband, leaves her cramped apartment...and joins the Prada-clad celebrities and socialites at the most elite yoga center in the city. She figures she is a few tax br
Published July 5th 2005 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about The Yoga Mamas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yoga Mamas

sendann
Apr 16, 2015 sendann rated it did not like it
This isn't actually a yoga novel, it's just regular non yoga chick lit, which is fine but its marketing is very misleading. The yoga aspects are minimal, and that's being generous. This is one of those contraceptive books, where the misery of motherhood is made plain with almost no even vaguely believable relief. I don't have to love all or any of the characters in a novel, but these idiots are a very depressing lot. Not recommended, unless you're trying to talk yourself out of having children.

l
Ann
May 26, 2008 Ann rated it did not like it
this book was an easy read. i wanted something lighthearted to read but was disappointed on the slander of homebirths. the book wasn't what i expected. a book called "yoga mamas" you would think be more supportive of a homebirth.
Chris
Feb 15, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it
Total chick lit fluff, but I was suckered in none the less and couldn't resist the discount price. And I really loved it. Read this in a day. It's kinda like Sex In the City of Pregnant ladies. The main character is an unemployed ad writer, her husband an academic. They don't match the lifestyle and status of the other ladies she meets at the hi-brow Yoga Class (courtesy of her insurance. But the ladies bond and connect over their bulging bellies and oodle over silly expensive strollers and exot ...more
Kim
Jan 28, 2011 Kim rated it it was amazing
I had to pick up a copy of this book after meeting the author, Katherine Stewart and visiting with her over 3 days. Loved her and Love her book. Being a mother and Yoga instructor I totally related and laughed the whole time. Great Chick Lit that is a quick and fun read. It is about being pregnant, raising kids and being self-employed. The main character,a pregnant freelance marketing consultant in Soho, decides to take Pre-Natal Yoga. Now, even though she doesn't have much in common with her fe ...more
Rachel
Apr 18, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
A light fun read about a group of moms that meet up in their yoga class. This book is great for a summer read!!!
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 Meaghan rated it it was amazing
loved this story of women who meet in a prenatal yoga class and how they are there for each other through and after the births of their kids.
Kellie
Jan 29, 2012 Kellie rated it it was ok
I came across this book on the way home from my first prenatal class, and thought I must be meant to read it. I wasn't. Although advertised to be a fun, quick, and easy read, I never really got into it. Too much belly-aching. I could not relate to any of these characters. Meh.
Kitty
Aug 30, 2009 Kitty rated it liked it
This was chick lit indeed, but entertaining to read. It keeps you interested and sucked in throughout, as you follow the interwoven lives of some very different yoga mamas. I enjoyed it!
Kerry DellaCava
Aug 07, 2008 Kerry DellaCava rated it really liked it
A light read. I enjoyed it as I read it while I was in Jersey pregnant and taking pre-natal yoga. That is where I met my friends Amy and Kristin. they read the book also.
Stefanie Helbich
Like Momzillas by Jill Kargath this book was a really easy and fun read. I read it about a year ago for the first time, so this was a re-read for me.
Stephanie
Dec 29, 2011 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: brain-candy
Light fluffy brain candy....that's what this was, and just what I needed... Enjoyed it. If you need something and fun, grab this one.
Lisa
Jan 26, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book! These yoga mamas are a fun tribe of women who band together through thick and thin!
Amy
Sep 19, 2008 Amy added it
This was a very fun book to read while I was pregnant! It made me wish I was more into yoga during these last 7 months!
Michele
Jan 12, 2008 Michele rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Hilarious and fun, a truly excellent story of unique friends sharing the experience of pregnancy.
Az Lina
Such an entertaining book. Finished reading it in 3 days despite my busy schedule!!
Jen
May 30, 2008 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: yoga
Not really about yoga. And not really about motherhood. This is definitely fluff.
Jenn
Jan 22, 2008 Jenn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tonya
cute, fun chick-lit read. Tonya--if you want to borrow this, i think you might enjoy it!
Yogamama17
fun beach read... for the days when i didn't want to read anything serious or depressing.
AJ Conroy
Oct 02, 2010 AJ Conroy rated it it was ok
Chic lit. Mildly entertaining if you are currently or recently preggers.
T.
Mar 21, 2013 T. rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This was really good. It had drama and some funny moments. It was a quick read.
Roxanne
Jan 21, 2011 Roxanne rated it liked it
Shelves: yoga
Oh man, was this dumb. Complete fluff. Totally fun to read.
Fay
Mar 22, 2010 Fay rated it liked it
A super light read but fun and perfect for a plane ride.
Sally
Sep 09, 2008 Sally rated it it was amazing
A fun Mommy Chic Lit read!
Mariah
Aug 01, 2007 Mariah rated it liked it
Easy read
Nouran Abdellatif
Nouran Abdellatif rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Gigi
Gigi is currently reading it
Sep 06, 2016
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Marjs09
Marjs09 marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
  • You Could Do Better
  • Help Wanted, Desperately
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Suburbanistas
  • Who Peed on My Yoga Mat?
  • Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
  • Un-Bridaled