English Philosophers of the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries: Locke, Berkeley, Hume: Part 37 Harvard Classics

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  1 review
Contents: Some Thoughts Concerning Education by John Locke; Three Dialogues Between Hylas and Philonous in Opposition to Skeptics and Atheists by George Berkeley; An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding by David Hume.
Published January 1st 2004 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1910)

Kari
I'll give this a three because of Locke, who made me laugh regularly and applaud for his common sense and observant statements. I'd be Locke's friend, no doubt about it.

Berkeley got on my nerves; and Hume was not much better. I just was not able to pay attention consistently to either of them. The best thing I read by these two was a footnote by Hume, referencing Berkeley, but just as much descriptive of himself, in my opinion: "But that all [Dr. Berkeley's] arguments, though otherwise intended,...more
Kandice
Kandice marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Bryce Joseph
Bryce Joseph marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Chidi OKORO
Chidi OKORO marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013
Morag Smith
Morag Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Mrpretzel
Mrpretzel marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2011
Tori Hayden
Tori Hayden marked it as to-read
May 22, 2011
Zack Reagin
Zack Reagin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2011
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2010
Angela
Angela is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2010
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 06, 2010
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2009
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2009
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2008
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2008
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2007
Charles William Eliot was an American academic who was selected as Harvard's president in 1869. He transformed the provincial college into the preeminent American research university. Eliot served the longest term as president in the university's history.
More about Charles William Eliot...
Plato, Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius The Harvard Classics - Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, Journal of John Woolman, Fruits of Solitude Harvard Classics Nine Greek Dramas (Harvard Classics, #8) English Poetry from Tennyson to Whitman: Part 42 Harvard Classics