Start by marking “Mousie Love” as Want to Read:
Mousie Love

Mousie Love

From the very moment Tully sees Frill, he's in love–and he's determined to marry her. Proposing marriage isn't the problem, but Frill can't ever quite give him an answer. Is Frill just playing coy? Or is the over-eager Tully not giving her a chance to reply? Like it's classic cousin Froggy Went A-Courtin, this charming tale about courtship and marriage will have even the y ...more
Published May 26th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Mousie Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mousie Love

Sharon Maroldi
Aug 01, 2013 Sharon Maroldi rated it it was amazing
This was a sweet fairytale-style book, with a fun adventurous twist. Tully is the hero, who immediately falls in love with the fair Frill. She seems aloof, however, he is so boisterous that it's impossible to see if she is a passive observer, or is truly interested in Tully. It left my 5-year-old entranced, "Why won't she answer him, about whether she will get married," she implored midway through. I loved the connection between the homeowner's sparkly ring and the twinkling stars that Tully "gi ...more
Pat Miller
Feb 04, 2010 Pat Miller rated it really liked it
It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and what could be better than a good picture book?

Dark chocolate, you say?

A clean house?

A day off work with pay?

Well, maybe. But only if you’re off of work, in your clean house, eating dark chocolate WHILE you read this picture book.

The book is Mousie Love (Bloomsbury USA, 2009). It’s about a mouse named Tully who is quite taken with a mouse named Frill. He tries to propose, but a cat and Tully’s own ideas about love keep getting in the way.

Read a kid review of this
Renee
Feb 15, 2014 Renee rated it really liked it
Just used this story for my Valentine's Day themed Preschool Story Class. It really kept the children's interest and seemed to be enjoyed by adults and kids.

Would use again!
Bridget R. Wilson
Tully falls in love with Frill at first sight. He asks her repeatedly to marry him, but doesn't wait for an answer. He rushes around (narrowly avoiding the cat) finding her a house, food, and stars. Finally, when he finishes his rushing around, Frill answers. Yes! She will marry him.

What I thought: A cute story with quite a developed plot. I love Tully's bumbling. Ever since reading Emily Bearn's Tumtum & Nutmeg, I've had a fondness for mice couples. The illustrations are bright and appealin
kristen
Mar 29, 2016 kristen rated it liked it
Aaaaw! Thanks to my student who gifted this book to me on the last day of school. Sweet little story of a determined, lovestruck mouse wanting to give his newly beloved gal (mouse) the world. I can imagine all of my second grade boys crying "yuck" as I read it to the class next year....I can't wait :-)
Dolly
Aug 27, 2013 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a sweet and humorous tale of love between two mice. The narrative is fun to read aloud and the illustrations are colorful and cartoonish. I loved the pictures of the mean old cat. We enjoyed reading this book together. It would be a good book to read for Valentine's Day.
Heidi-Marie
A little too long, I think, to keep the attention in a preschool storytime. Perhaps a school-age group would be the better audience. Some of the story would be interesting as it was me. But I wonder if, also like me, they might find some parts of the story a little...mushy?
Jen
Mar 23, 2012 Jen rated it it was amazing
When Tully first sees Frill, he's in love with her and asks her to marry him. Frill doesn't say no. She doesn't say yes, she just introduces herself and thus begins the love story between these two mice. Very sweet story and one that my kinders loved today!
Rachel
Jan 03, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
The illustrations were so cute! "Summary: After falling in love at first sight, Tully the ouse stries to prove his devotion to Frill every day - while avoiding the cat - but never gives her a chance to respond to his marriage proposal."
Emma
Feb 02, 2010 Emma rated it liked it
Tully falls so much in love with Frill at first sight that his first words are "Will you marry me?" But before Frill can answer, he realizes he has to prove himself as a worthy husband first. Lovely illustrations.
Miriam
Feb 12, 2010 Miriam rated it liked it
Shelves: picture

This incautionary tale of a little mouse struck silly by instalove is too cute for me, but I liked the saturated colors and wood-graining of the illustrations.
Allison
Jan 15, 2010 Allison rated it liked it
A mousie courtship- too cute.

Much like "Froggy Went a Courtin'" but simpler.
Dee
Nov 04, 2011 Dee rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Love comes in all sizes. Very cute illustrations.
Aug 07, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Sweet story.
Jayanne
Oct 20, 2011 Jayanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: preschool
Awwwww!
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Deidra
Deidra added it
Feb 09, 2015
Rachel Vallas
Rachel Vallas rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Cheri
Cheri added it
Jun 15, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2014
Tasia
Tasia rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Dori Chaconas learned story pacing from an early age while entertaining her younger siblings. The author of such picture books as ON A WINTRY MORNING, ONE LITTLE MOUSE, and MOMMA, WILL YOU?, she lives in Germantown, Wisconsin.
More about Dori Chaconas...