Start by marking “Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 1

Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 1 (Kimi ni Todoke #1)

4.23  ·  Rating Details ·  37,207 Ratings  ·  391 Reviews
Sawako Kuronuma is the perfect heroine...for a horror movie. With striking similarities to a haunting movie character--jet-black hair, sinister smile and silent demeanor--she's mistakenly called Sadako by those around her. But behind her scary façade is a very misunderstood teenager. Too shy to fit in, all she wants to do is make some friends. But when the most popular boy ...more
Published August 4th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kimi ni Todoke, please sign up.

Denise L Haters gonna hate. Keep being you, Sawako

Nicole
Apr 27, 2017 Nicole rated it really liked it
Once again, manga proves to be the only pure romance thing i can stomach. This is so cute and adorable! I know I'll be reading the whole thing already! I started this because it's so familiar (seeing it everywhere) I thought it was a new movie adaptation (turned out an anime). However, I'm not sure I'll watch the anime, depends on later volumes.
The characters are so naive and innocent. I'm sure if it was a novel, I would've criticized them to no end but manga is like a different world. It's so
Liz
Apr 06, 2013 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: mangas

When I started the manga/ After the first chapters:

Honestly, this is the first manga that made me go through such an emotional rollercoaster. There are not many books that made me feel so much in general...
Sawako is a girl nobody understands, her smile is creepy and she is stiff and everybody avoids her.
Everybody except Kazehaya, who is the perfect opposite of Sawako (or Sadako how her classmates call her) on the first gaze. He is always smiling and always positive.
Kazehaya is the first perso
Juhina
Mar 10, 2015 Juhina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Super cute and fun shoju manga. I loved volume one and none of the insta-love present. It is more about friendship at the moment and I really appreciate that. I love the art and the high school setting too.
Rebecca
Actual Rating: 3.5

Very cute! I loved Sawako (my brother told me about this manga and said I'd probably like her and he was right.) It didn't wow me but I'm looking forward to reading more.
 Athena Ivashkova ~♥~
Jun 28, 2012 Athena Ivashkova ~♥~ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERY LIVING OTAKU, and those who don't love mangas
Recommended to Athena Ivashkova ~♥~ by: My dear friends, thanks so much!
Here's the thing:I didn't want to read this manga after so many friends of mine recommended this to me. It's just...the cover isn't that appealing. And my motto will always be "judge a book by its cover". You see this, don't you? Maybe it's just me. Furthermore, I'll give you a list of the regular cultures in a manga that I admire little to none.

1. DAMN YOU, SEXISM

It's no lie, if you are a big shoujo reader, you would always observe that the male(love-interest),is always better than the protagon
Farhin
Jun 25, 2012 Farhin rated it it was amazing
I'm avoiding any spoilers for the manga itself, however I plan to use gifs from the anime to express myself better. If you're anything like me and prefer to start and discover the anime by yourself without any spoilers or too many reveals of particular moments, click away now. :)

Meet Sawako Kuronuma:

Also known as 'Sadako', named after the creepy girl from The Ring.

Now meet Shota Kazehaya:

They seem like the complete opposite of each other, right?
Wrong.

Sawako Kuronuma is a sweet, shy girl consta
juan carlos
Jun 26, 2016 juan carlos rated it liked it
Literal, no estoy en estos momentos para leer romance.
¿Para qué leer junto a ti?

1. Para conocer como los rumores y las mala palabras pueden influir en la vida de los adolescentes.
2. Para conocer a un personaje masculino muy lindo y tierno, con una sonrisa que te desarma.
3. Para entender como se forjan lazos de amistad y como debemos aprovechar nuestra personalidad.

Puntos malos del libro:
1. El romance no me atrajo, se me hizo algo espontaneo y nada creíble, espero que mejore en el siguiente l
Lottie Eve
Jan 27, 2013 Lottie Eve rated it really liked it
I really didn’t know what to expect when going into this manga. I have heard a little about the main focus of the story but not much else. I would say that the first volume has left me impressed!

Sawako is a girl who has trouble interacting with others. Despite this, however, she is a very sweet girl and is eager to help out. If only her classmates would ignore the fact that she looks like a girl in a horror movie. Her appearance strikes fear into the hearts of her classamates. This causes her to
Kate
Jun 28, 2010 Kate rated it it was amazing
The premise of this story just didn't appeal to me, but the reviews have consistently been high, so I finally checked out the first two volumes from my library. Then I had to read volume 3 and 4. I'm holding my breath until volume 5 is released in August. This has quickly become a favorite series of mine. I feel happier after reading it: it's a sweet uplifting story.

Sawako is our heroine, and she's a little awkward (okay, she's very awkward) socializing with others. She's extremely quiet and int
Jay
Apr 12, 2011 Jay rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Anyone into young girl comics.
After a Japanese friend recommended this series (the live action show in particular) to me, I did do a bit of research about it before hand and I was really unsure that it would be my cup of tea considering I find I don't get on well with shojo manga (young girl comics). I thought I would still give it a go and I've sadly not been convinced - not by the manga anyway.

I found the main character completely unrealistic. It was like she had been living with absolutely no social interaction at all -
Reader17 Der
Oct 06, 2009 Reader17 Der rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
LOVED THIS BOOK!!! This is a story of Sawako Kuronma. She looks like the girl from the ring with the long jet black hair and the sinister smile and she is very quiet. Everyone around her calls her Sadako instead of her real name. They all think that they are being cursed by her if they sit near her. So she is a very lonely girl that has never had any friends and would love to have some. When she meets the most popular boy in the school Kazehaya and he says good morning to her she gets very excit ...more
Hannah
May 15, 2010 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is probably the most adorable thing ever. There's nothing new about it, the characters are standard shoujo, but there's something so heartwarmingly simple about it and it touches the heart.

Sawako is naive and completely lacks social skills and therefore finds herself feared and ignored by her classmates. It's a little sad, but there's also a lot of humor to be found because Sawako herself is completely oblivious to why her classmates fear her - her chronic shyness makes her come across as s
Jennyes
Oct 17, 2014 Jennyes rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually the type who's into romance stuff, but since I won the first three Kimi Ni Todoke mangas, I felt like I should try them out. And boy was that the right thing to do! This manga was amazing! Every single page was adorable overload! And I actually really like the protagonist in this series (usually protagonists in romance novels are whiny or annoying and they get on my nerves, but Sawako is so unique yet relatable!)
I'm definitely buying more of these mangas when I finish the first t
Shereen
Apr 09, 2011 Shereen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-manga
I can sum this book in two words. Unexpected manga. I'm a lover of manga (Japanese comics) and I never expected to find a book like this. If you want to find out what the book is like read it. I swear to you all that this book is a great book full of comedy, romance and you will shed some tears like I did. (Maybe I didn't shed any tears)Anyway, great book. A must-read.
Charlie Ika-Heimonen
Lovely drawings. A cute romance. Typical love story where neither is brave enough to put it on the line.
I look forward to book 2.
To read more of what I thought about this manga check-out my blog on it:
Elspeth
I love this series.
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
A very cute manga about life, friendship, trying your best, and love. I especially love the main protagonists journey of discovery about herself and the people around her.
Haadiya  Ahmed
May 22, 2017 Haadiya Ahmed rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Well Im technically on volume 9 but lemme just say THESE MISUNDERSTANDINGS WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME. CHIZU AND AYANO SHOULD JUST MEDDLE TO MAKE THINGS BETTER WTF IS THIS
Sean O'Hara
Nov 02, 2011 Sean O'Hara rated it it was amazing
I've been busy at work of late, so I've been picking up a lot of manga since it's something I can power through in a few hours and still feel that I've read a substantive story. The latest is the Kimi ni Todoke series.

Yes, it's a shoujo manga.

And yes, shoujo usually means girly-girl romances aimed at 16 year olds.

Anyone got a problem with that?

Sawako is a sweet girl who wants to be nice to everyone and make friends. Too bad for her she looks just like the freaky demon chick from the Ring films -
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Feb 26, 2012 Alison (AlisonCanRead) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
In my recent quest to discover good Contemporary Shojo Manga, many people recommended Kimi Ni Todoke. I can definitely see why everyone likes it. Volume 1 of Kimi Ni Todoke was alternately sweet, heartbreaking, happy, and sad.

Sawako is an outcast. Her looks and serious demeanor make her unapproachable to her classmates. Unfortunately for Sawako, bullying is a universal tendency of teens, regardless of culture. Her classmates generally aren't outright mean. Instead, they've perpetuated this idea
Jessica-Robyn
Jan 14, 2012 Jessica-Robyn rated it really liked it
The first glance of young love, the blush that sets a heart on fire, the sweet beginnings of something you can only hope will lead to more.

I've been looking forward to finally reading this first volume for months now (I'll only say this once, library system you have failed me!) and I'm happy to report that I like it!

Sawako, our female lead, is such a lovable character that she makes you invest in her from the moment she appears on page. And Kazehaya, our boy, is just adorable. I like that I'm d
Sesana
Sep 26, 2012 Sesana rated it liked it
Poor Sawako has the misfortune to look very much like Ringu's Sadako. Yes, the malevolent ghost that crawls out of the TV. Her classmates are honestly scared of her, something that her intense shyness does not help. (And let's be honest: wouldn't you be withdrawn if the usual response to you was fear?) From the first volume, it looks like the general story arc will be drawing Sawako out of her shell, with the help first of one of the nicest boys in class.

There's plenty to like about Kimi ni Todo
Mayu
Jan 30, 2015 Mayu rated it liked it
5/10

Me ha gustado lo poquito que llevo de esta serie y aun habiendo visto la película y sabiendo que la serie no es novedosa ni espectacular, tengo intriga, por ver como evoluciona todo. Lo poquito que he leído yo ha sido muy, muy enternecedor. Eso es en lo que esta serie más destaca. No es que sea una joya inolvidable, no es de esas que te marcan, te estremecen la piel y se quedan con tu corazón, pero si es bonita y la he disfrutado (eso sí, la peli la supera con creces).

description

RESEÑA DEL TOMO UNO AL
Nalle
Jul 03, 2016 Nalle rated it liked it
Me decidí a leerlo porque buscaba un manga de este estilo. Al inicio me pareció lento y un poco desesperante aunque el concepto de como era la vida de Sawako me intrigó bastante. Una vez que le pude seguir el hilo me resultó una historia que vale la pena continuar leyendo, aunque cuando iba como a la mitad dudaba si hacerlo o no.
Emma
Apr 06, 2015 Emma rated it did not like it
The main character is supposed to be this super creepy girl that weirds people out but I didn't really understand why they found her so scary. Being that this is the entire premise of the manga, obviously this one didn't work out for me. I DNF'd about halfway through because I got sooo tired of every single page being like this:

H-he's....

he's so...

nice.

Every single page.
Amber
Dec 10, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing
Rec'd by my buddy, Tiff.

I so didn't expect this to hit me in the feels this hard, but I love this character. Well, THESE characters. The concepts are adorable, it's a bit slow (probably how it lasts for 20+ volumes and counting 0-0). Another series to follow! Aye!!
Reddish
Mar 11, 2016 Reddish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graficomanga
Kuronuma y Kazehaya son adorablemente adorables. ¡Me encantan en sus momentos románticos! Y me había olvidado de lo genial y divertido que era Pin. De momento la historia empieza muy bien.
Lavonia Reid
Mar 13, 2017 Lavonia Reid rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017-challenge
This is so cute!
Theresa ♫
Aug 21, 2014 Theresa ♫ rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fellow humans who are looking for a really innocent romance
Recommended to Theresa ♫ by: A friend of mine who has been watching anime for YEARS
Typical of the anime world:

1. Demons.
Especially with the really actiony anime, there's blood involved and a little violence.

2. Magical girls.
Also with accompanying demons, but girls are frilly and actiony.

3. Slow romance.
Most of the romantic manga I have read, no one makes out right away like in the average American Drama.

Some are all 3.

Point is, if you're looking for a manga that's really gentle and innocent, this is the manga you're looking for. Adorable, and giving you light-hearted feelings.
Anonomanga
Dec 28, 2011 Anonomanga rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who liked Kare Kano (;
Shelves: reviewed
Kimi ni Todoke is a sweet romance manga that promises to look at both the good and the evil that can be found in the world. However, this is a manga not without its cons.

Sawako's character pushed my tolerance. Yeah, she's the sweet, innocent, ever-in-debt to others type, but what irked me more than anything was her epic want to be liked by everyone who irrationally shot her down and tirelessly made her out to be a pariah. Almost the whole population of her school--save the happy, carefree-appear
The dates 1 13 Jul 15, 2015 09:30AM
  • Love★Com, Vol. 13
  • Dengeki Daisy, Vol. 2 (Dengeki Daisy, #2)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 02 (High School Debut, #2)
  • We Were There, Vol. 1