Start by marking “Uriel's Machine” as Want to Read:
Uriel's Machine

Uriel's Machine (The Hiram Key #3)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  484 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
s/t: Uncovering the Secrets of Stonehenge, Noah's Flood and the Dawn of Civilization
Modern scientific investigations show that Earth has been hit many times by objects such as comets and meteorites. Laboratory work on comet impact effects demonstrates that comets could cause tidal waves to exceed three miles tall and near 400 miles per hour. In the last 10,000 years, there
Published August 1st 2001 by Fair Winds Press (first published 1999)

Uriel's Machine by Christopher    KnightForbidden Archeology by Michael A. CremoAtlantis by Ignatius L. DonnellyFingerprints of the Gods by Graham HancockOf the Andromeda Martian Catastrophe by Vegas Luna
Ancient Mysteries
1st out of 59 books — 22 voters
The Triumph of Improvisation by James Graham WilsonDarwin's Black Box by Michael J. BeheIcons of Evolution by Jonathan WellsLife—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? by Watch Tower Bible and Tract...Evolution by Michael Denton
Interesting Non-Fiction Books
183rd out of 212 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Hugh Evans
Oct 31, 2012 Hugh Evans rated it really liked it
Another powerful and iconoclastic tome from Messrs Knight and Lomas in the same style as The Hiram Key. Sections were hard going but the recaps and chapter conclusions were helpful in keeping it all in perspective. Marvelously reasoned and fascinating about the sources of our culture and civilization and the connection with astronomy and religion. Great that these self motivated individuals have managed to research and reasonably conclude where a lot of 'experts' have not achieved.
Carl R.
May 06, 2012 Carl R. rated it did not like it
Uriel’s Machine is the most iconoclastic book, perhaps, I’ve ever read. It’s sort of like The DaVinci Code (Yes, I read it. I admit it. You’ll probably claim you didn’t see the movie, either.) except with less plot and a lot more math. Knight and Lomas have been exploring ancient history and pre-history for some time. Two previous works, The Hiram Key and Second Messiah: Templars, the Turin Shroud, and the Great Secret of Freemasonry, neither which I have, read covered similar material. Here’s ...more
Sarah Crawford
Mar 30, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was ok
I got the book because it seemed to be about very early advanced civilizations and mythology. Instead the book has only some material on early Stonehenge-like structures while the majority of the information deals with Enoch, other Biblical people, various forms of Judaism and how they didn't get along, Roman and Celtic history (to some degree) and a variety of other topics that really aren't that related to the main theme of the book.

There was some information about comet impacts and how one mi
Harrison
Jul 27, 2011 Harrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Metaliths, Enoch, astronomy, comets, floods, and all sorts of goodies. Fun and insightful!
Johnny Martin
Aug 09, 2013 Johnny Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A rather long but fascinating journey that primarily explores Earth's Megalithic culture, a forgotten civilizaton perhaps, named the Grooved Ware People after their pottery design. Could these shapes, including some complex geometric decorations, be a type of lost pictography? The book includes logical analysis of ancient sites, such as Newgrange, Stone Henge, Maeshowe and others, looking at their solar, lunar and astronomical alignments, particularly to Venus. It explores ideas of ancient rebir ...more
Mark Chadbourn
Aug 21, 2013 Mark Chadbourn rated it really liked it
Stone circles, megalithic mysteries, prehistoric planetary catastrophes and a 'lost' history of the world - with that kind of colourful and compelling content, it's hard to understand why the authors went with such a sales-murdering title. But this is a worthy book for anyone interested in those things. Knight and Lomas are not only knowledgable fellows, they're freemasons with access to the restricted library of freemasonry.

They also delve into areas of academic study that have failed to break
Jared Pedroza
Feb 09, 2015 Jared Pedroza rated it it was amazing
Christopher Knight delves into the origins of the Groove Ware people of the British Isles and discovers a connection to their unit of measurement, the Megalithic Yard, and other units of measurement throughout the world. He also examines the possibility that Enoch in the Book of Enoch is describing a visit to these prehistoric scientists to learn how to tell the times and seasons.
Tracey
Feb 02, 2009 Tracey rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical, 2009
I like books that challenge current historical views only because you need people to look at things in a different light just in case there might be some truth in it. I also like books that make their cases and state clearly why they believe their alternative view is different. What I dont like is when the authors state that because they it is so, thus it is. This is that kind of book. If they had presented their theories and allowed the reader to judge the validity of the case. Too many times w ...more
Tom Schultz
Feb 23, 2015 Tom Schultz rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for anyone wanting to sort through all the hype that's written about extraterrestrials, the distant history of mankind, the pyramids and other ancient mysteries. This is really down to earth. The author is very credible and does not stretch conclusions. It's the best book I've read on these subjects.
John Jones
Dec 22, 2014 John Jones rated it it was amazing
Loved this book - the idea of using pendulums as a means of obtaining an universal and repeatable metric is both interesting and accessible to the amateur wishing to repeat the activity for themselfes.
Chuck Springer
Feb 09, 2015 Chuck Springer rated it it was amazing
I've read a couple of other books by these authors and have been impressed with their ability to accumulate evidence from an incredibly diverse sources. It is satisfying that such a wealth of information has emerged. I truly attempted to read some of the theories, application of evidence and proposed conclusion without a confirmation bias attitude. But it was difficult when I am already per-disposed toward certain presumptions. I thoroughly enjoyed this book in its presentation of such topics as ...more
Crocker
Jul 30, 2008 Crocker rated it liked it
I really wanted a new book, but I refuse to pay hardcover prices and everything that I wanted to read doesn't come out in paperback for at least another month. So, I'm re-reading this one. If you're into theoretical history and a lot of math and science, this book is for you. It isn't a light read, but i'm all into that kind of thing. It does make me wonder whether our current view of "pre-history" is accurate or not. I'm not convinced that our forefathers forfathers weren't a lot more technical ...more
Cynthia
Nov 14, 2012 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Very interesting indeed I. Really want to go and see Newforge in Ireland. What's the best preserved holding is ( though rebuilt I understand for the tourists) .that the planet Venus shines exactly through the port every 8 years shows how brilliantly it was designed many many years ago That is just one small piece of information from this book
PastAllReason
Interesting in a train-wrecky kind of way, though I thought that the wheels really fell off when the writers ended up bringing it all back around to the Knights Templar. If you loved Holy Blood, Holy Grail, you'll love this book.

It did have some good photos of Newgrange and a few other prehistoric locations.
Tim Stamps
Jan 26, 2013 Tim Stamps rated it really liked it
Basic esoterica, linking ancient Judaism with Freemasonry, with an in-depth study of the Book of Enoch, attempting to uncover the mystical mythical origins of the world and implications for the future.
A minor complaint: editing is sloppy - spelling and grammatical errors everywhere, but, still very informative.
Michelle Snyder
Aug 31, 2011 Michelle Snyder rated it really liked it
Another book full of history and paradigm changing information about the long-ago past. Well researched and written, one of many by this author worth adding to a history buff's library, if you like reading about the stone megaliths and the people who built them.
T.K. Thorne
Apr 24, 2010 T.K. Thorne rated it really liked it
OMG! Now I know who the angels will be in my new novel! This is a fascinting book that connects the megalithic stone builders of Stonehenge and La Grange to the Jewish people and the Middle East. Lots of daVinci Code stuff in here too.
Dermot Davis
Nov 27, 2013 Dermot Davis rated it really liked it
It's terrific when a non fiction book reads like fiction, especially good fiction. This book reads like a mystery and a thriller and although the ideas presented are mostly speculative, they are also eminently plausible.
Todd Settimo
Jul 20, 2010 Todd Settimo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reading
This is an excellent book which greatly expanded my understanding of the world's megalithic sites and the likely motivations the builders had for building them.

Re-reading it a second time as research for a book I'm writing.
Brooke
Aug 21, 2011 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Fascinating...a real geek book. If you love expanding your mind and taking an in depth look at our ancient history and the possible truths and myths surrounding the story of "the great deluge", you must read this.
Kathleen
Jul 23, 2012 Kathleen rated it really liked it
For anyone interested in ancient rites, religions and unexplained sites, this is a must read. Thought provoking and an excellent, challenging, dialog inducing read for an intellectual book club.
Greg
Nov 28, 2012 Greg rated it it was ok
Very technical reading. But posits some interesting theories about pre-history especially as it relates to megalithic structures and celtic culture.
Schurch01
Jul 06, 2008 Schurch01 rated it it was amazing
Great book for those who are into reading about real history. Some things have been proven incorrect but overall a good book.
William  Shep
May 25, 2009 William Shep rated it liked it
Very improbable but highly imaginative possibilities to explain the mysteries of humanity's origins and early history.
Ron
Jul 06, 2008 Ron rated it really liked it
This was a very interesting read, unfortunatly it's hard to determine how good the science behind it is.
Angela
Dec 29, 2015 Angela rated it did not like it
Shelves: libreria-di-casa
Improponibile. Tante bufale e pseudoscienza vendute come fatti storici e dimostrati....
Barry
Dec 23, 2008 Barry rated it liked it
entertaining....a bit of a stretch, methinks
Scott Judson
Feb 09, 2011 Scott Judson rated it it was amazing
Very interesting look at history and prehistory
Jane
Jan 02, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it
very interesting mind blowing stuff in here
Dick
Mar 28, 2009 Dick rated it liked it
Signed by Chris Knight
  • Gateway to Atlantis: The Search for the Source of a Lost Civilization
  • The Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind
  • Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings: Evidence of Advanced Civilization in the Ice Age
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
  • Talisman: Sacred Cities, Secret Faith
  • From Atlantis to the Sphinx
  • Lost Cities and Ancient Mysteries of South America (Lost Cities Series)
  • Bloodline of the Holy Grail: The Hidden Lineage of Jesus Revealed
  • The Giza Power Plant: Technologies of Ancient Egypt
  • Turning the Hiram Key
  • The Lost Civilizations of the Stone Age
  • When Time Began (The Earth Chronicles, Book V)
  • Serpent in the Sky: The High Wisdom of Ancient Egypt
  • The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence of Alien Contact 5,000 Years Ago
  • Lost Star of Myth and Time
  • Atlantis: The Antediluvian World
Christopher Knight, born in 1950, has worked in marketing, advertising, and public relations. He joined the Freemasons in 1976 and grew interested in studying their rituals and history, which led to Knight writing the bestselling The Hiram Key. He has continued his study of rituals through time.

More about Christopher Knight...

The Hiram Key (7 books)
  • The Hiram Key
  • The Second Messiah
  • The Book of Hiram
  • Turning the Hiram Key
  • Turning the Solomon Key
  • Turning the Templar Key: The Secret Legacy of the Knights Templar & the Origins of Freemasonry