Start by marking “Night Hawk (Elite Ops, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Night Hawk (Elite Ops, #1.5)

Night Hawk (Elite Ops #1.5)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,831 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Night Hawk is a free short story ebook that is part of the Elite Ops series by Lora Leigh.

It is available here:
Published February 2009 by St Martin's (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Night Hawk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Hawk

Dina
It's a really, really short story, and there's no closure. It reads like a prequel to the next(?) book in the Elite Ops series. I need to read Wild Card, the first book in the series, before I decide if I'm going to embark on this series or not.

EDITED TO ADD: Well, I've reread this short story after finishing Wild Card and things are clearer and better now. Am I going to read the next book in the series? I'm not sure.
Julie (jjmachshev)
While I loved what story there was, I finished "Night Hawk", an e-book by Lora Leigh, and I was like, "Where's the rest?" It was TOO short with no closure and I first assumed maybe this was just chapter one of a future book, but no. Now I'm just irritated because I felt left hanging.
Auntee
Feb 07, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Lora Leigh's 'Elite Ops' series
Reads like a prologue to the upcoming "Maverick". Hopefully these characters, Travis and Lillian (Black Jack and Night Hawk), will get their own story,
~J~ Riverina Romantics
I didn't know it was possible, but I just read a story by Lora Leigh that had no sex in it.
I feel a little ripped off, like going out with the town slut and only getting a kiss at the end of the date.
It was good though...but very short.
Karry
I'm loving the series so far, but this one really seems pointless. There is no closure to this short. It's only 11 pages (on my nook color) so there was really no way to do anything with it. I understand it was free from the author's web site, but it was a tease. I want their whole story.

I am very happy to inform you that the rest of Black Jack and Lilly's story is in book 4 of the Elite Ops series, and it is wonderful!!
jenjn79
Like Auntee said, this is almost like a prologue for Maverick and possibly a prelude to a story featuring Black Jack and Night Hawk. They've definitely got some serious chemistry going on. Looking forward to reading Maverick and seeing what happens between Rissa and Micah.
Shawna
3 stars - Romantic Suspense

This is a nice filler story in the Elite Ops series and a precursor for book #3, Maverick, and possibly future installments. It gave us something to pass the time after Wild Card and while waiting for the release of Maverick.
Reen
not sure what the point of this one was? Should have been a prologue to another book........
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Mar 13, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who've read other things in the series
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: nobody
France
I’ve only read the first book of the series, Wild Card, as part of a Heroes ans Heartbreakers read-along, and I quite liked it. Nighthawk makes me want to go forward in the series, at least to the fourth book, which is the one actually about Travis and Lillian (the second one is about the case they discuss in the short story, but it’s another member of Elite Ops who handle it). I really liked the atmosphere Leigh had written in that short story, and well, secret agents are one of my favorite thi ...more
Angela Goodrich
I reviewed this book as part of the Taken anthology.

This is a REALLY short story. It felt like more of a chapter than a short story. There’s definite chemistry between Night Hawk and Black Jack, but there’s really not much that happens in this particular story. It’s definitely a teaser. Ms. Leigh, that was just cruel. But I’m certainly interested in reading more of this story, so I’d say the author accomplished her mission.

I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest re
Angel Ruess
This was only a few pages long, and was included in the book Taken. Now I understood it because I read the Tempting SEALs and currently reading the Elite Ops books. But for someone who hasn't read those series, Night Hawk would be very confusing.
Lara at Mean Girls Luv Books
This seemed a lot shorter then a novella or even a short. It felt more like an entry or segment of a chapter; not even really long enough to be a full chapter. But I enjoyed the introduction to Night Hawk and Black Jack's story, which I know continues in the Elite Ops Book 4 (Black Jack). I know there is mention of Risa Clay who is in book 2 (Maverick) so I don't know why this wouldn't just be part of that book to explain Orion was after Risa. Even though I enjoyed this short short, it kind of f ...more
Sara
Although they say that this is a short story, don't be fooled. This is like a prologue to Black Jack.
Absolutely nothing happens in the 15 short pages.
If you go into this book expecting an actual story, you will be sorely dissapointed. This is a prologue that Lora Leigh should have just placed in her next book.
I do appreciate the free look into it, but calling it a short story is just wrong.
Jenny
I immediately said "What the hell?!?!?!" at the end of this. I instantly had to look up which book this story continues in but it's not until book 4 when this is 1.5. That's just mean. :)
Jackie
i enjoyed reading wild card a little. i wished they sticked with the same character throughout the series but each book represents an elite ops member and their lover. the only person i can imagine as being young and sexy is nathan malone. everyone else described in the book seemed too old (jordan), or thick headed and burly (the rest of the characters). this short story wasn't anything worth reading.
Erica
I don't like short stories. Typically, stories less than 100 pages do nothing for me. I only read this one because it was between Wild Card and Maverick. However, I'm not entirely sure it was really critical to the series. We don't get to know the characters well and nothing really happens, but then again how could it in fourteen pages? Nice level of sexual heat, but I'm glad I didn't pay for this.
Although listed as an e-book here, this is really just a teaser for Maverick and an introduction to Nighthawk and Black Jack. It is a short story just to keep interest in the series. It does its job. Plenty of good interaction between Nighthawk and Black Jack (Travis). I'm looking forward to Black Jack's book. wonder when that one will be...
Mojca
Too short to really enjoy it, but it did whet my appetite for more. I guess I really should start with this series once and for all. Of course it helps knowing the characters, Travis and Lillian, have their own book - Black Jack.
Tammie
Freebie prologue to Maverick.
Hey, it's free and short, so what do you have to lose?
AlligatorSmith
Definitely need to read this before starting Black Jack, #4 in the series, or you wont know why the book starts the way it does. The series order says this is #1.5, but it really doesn't add that much to the series other than to introduce the main characters for Black Jack, #4.
Maria
Argh! It was just the beginning of a story. I want to know more about Travis and Jillian. Ms Leigh, this is not fair!

The tension between the two, the longing, the attraction. The story is only 14 pages but it grips you from the first word. God that woman can write.
Colleen
Definitely a prologue to Maverick, but not something you have to read. In fact, I read this short story after I read Maverick. Cute little story - I'm hoping Black Jack and Night Hawk get their own book (and soon) - my curiosity is definitely peaked!
Rebecca
It was really just an excerpt. Calling it a short story may be stretching it. It was ok but seemed underdeveloped and oversimplified. It did give a nice background to Black Jack's book though.
Courtney
Available on Lora Leigh's website. Sets up plot for "Maverick". Not necessary for rest of series (but they are all stand alone if you want to pick and choose)
Olive
I thought it was a great short story. I hope it is the prologue to her latest Elite Ops book, Maverick. Maverick comes out March 3, 2009.
Anna
Very brief short story, an introduction to I'm guessing, the Black Jack story. All good, just makes you want to read more.
Karen
Way too short. Would probably have worked better as a prologue. But hey, it was free, and it wasn't bad.

2.5 stars.
Lili
meh!
not much to review since the story is a very short one, seemed like a prologue for the next book in the series.
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • A Wish, a Kiss, a Dream (Cowboys and Captives, #2; Dream, #4)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Ties That Bind (includes: Bound Hearts, #1)
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas - Volume 1
  • Hotshot (Dark Ops, #2)
  • The Club
  • Taken to the Edge (The Guardian Angelinos, #0.5)
  • I Spy a Wicked Sin (Shado Agency, #1)
  • Desperate Deeds (A-Tac, #3)
  • Into the Crossfire (Protectors, #1)
  • Run to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #3)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...
Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21)