Message Parallel Study Bible-PR-NIV/MS-Numbered

Message Parallel Study Bible-PR-NIV/MS-Numbered

4.73 of 5 stars 4.73  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The NIV / The Message Parallel Study Bible combines three powerful study resources into one bound book. First, theres the complete text of the New International Version, the most read, most trusted translation of the Bible in the English language today. Next, theres the penetrating insights and story-like flow of The Message, todays most popular paraphrase. Finally, 10,000...more
Published December 29th 2008 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published March 22nd 2004)

Elliothd
Ok so if you want a book that will change your life, this is it!
It's a great love story with romance and battles, good and evil, real life stories of people! I'll give away the ending... Love wins! The main subjects.. God.. His blessed son Jesus whom was sacrificed as the Lamb and took all my iniquities for ever and ever. And the Holy Spirit, who is with me always. There is the Devil. Satan. He is the Prince of the World. But he's a liar. He's relentless. Still, when I read John 3:16 I cried.I...more
Anna
Jan 15, 2008 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a supplement to their own version of the Bible
Recommended to Anna by: I thihk I heard of this in Sunday school
It is nice to be able to compare the NIV and Message together. I am much too lazy to sit down with two books. I actually will take this to church and hear the preacher give commentary on a passage that is quite close to the Message. The Message is obviously easier to understand but I like how it unveils a lot of the historically specific terms and events right in the passage.
Meredith
This was given to me by my "brother" at work. My version is purple with a beautiful bookcase he bought me to go with it.
Sometimes trying to understand the verbage of the bible is a little disconcerting. This version tells you what they are saying, then translates into every day English.
Joey Reed
What could be better than the Bible in a modern language paraphrase streamlined for comprehension? Having the Bible in a modern language paraphrase streamlined for comprehension alongside a traditional word-for-word, phrase-for-phrase translation for study.

Buy this Bible.
Taylor
this book is my fav. of all. It gave an amzing lutheran foundation to my life, and without it, i dont know what i would do. It taught me that God sent his son to die, and take away our sins, and rose from the dead! How amazing is this book! I reccomend this book for absolutely EVERYONE!!!
Roma
Apr 03, 2011 Roma is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Committed to reading Message yearly readin plan. So far staying on track with lots of help. Learning lots and having fun studying maps of locations as I am reading this history book of God's. Amazing stories of love and forgiveness and compassion.
Jenna Frederick
This is my favorite Bible. I love the message translation. It makes reading the Bible more understandable, but I still use the NIV often. We use the NIC at church and for reading the new testament.
Nan
Although the NIV translation is my favorite, it was good to have The Message translation right next to it throughout. Continually reading one or another version of the Bible.
Kendra Simmons
Reading daily a chapter in Proverbs, and reading through other books in the bible chapter by chapter.
LitGarden
I love to read God's Word and get a fresh persepective from the Message. Makes my mind think!
Josh
Jan 24, 2010 Josh marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
THis is more for reference than for reading straight through at this time...
babyhippoface
I try to live by it, even though I do mess up a LOT.
Hannah Cook
I try to read a little of the Bible everyday.
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 22, 2014
Beth Taylor
Beth Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2014
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
Holy Bible: King James Version The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh Holy Bible: New International Version The Bhagavad Gita

“Each heart knows its own bitterness and no one else can share its joy.” 10 likes