Start by marking “Deception: A Phantom of the Opera Novel” as Want to Read:
Deception: A Phantom of the Opera Novel

Deception: A Phantom of the Opera Novel

Following the Paris opera house disaster, Erik, the charismatic and disfigured man known as the Phantom, settled into a secluded home on the outskirts of London. He resigned himself to a life of solitude, but two years later, fate introduced him to a young woman who reawakened his emotions. Although Mellie was a gifted composer, no one took her work seriously. She ...more
Published July 18th 2011 by Lulu.com (first published August 25th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Alexandria
Feb 10, 2010 Alexandria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Phantom Lovers
Ann
Sep 17, 2012 Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: phantom-fiction
In all probability, my friends here have likely noticed I have a minor obsession with "Phan" fiction. I apologize for this eccentric taste in literature but I can't help myself. In any case, cheers to this book, Deception, by Shirley Yoshinaka. Definitely one of the better "Phan" reads out there and it also completely blows my theory about independent publishing houses not doing a good job editing and revising books intended for a very small market.
This book was not only well-written but I was p
Sarah Jane
Sep 21, 2014 Sarah Jane rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Phantom of the opera lovers, Erik lovers, music lovers, romance lovers
Recommended to Sarah Jane by: amazon.co.uk
Shelves: romantic, drama
I just finished reading this book for the second time, and I felt I had to come on here and write a review. It is an amazing book! I fell head over heels in love with Erik all over again.

It's not a sequel to Gaston Leroux's 1910 novel The Phantom of the Opera - it's more of a sequel to the 1986 musical (and the 2004 movie version, which I love).

It tells the story of Melodie (AKA Mellie), a young girl who is a gifted musician and composer but is going blind. When she receives a comission (using a
Victoria
Jun 20, 2009 Victoria rated it it was amazing
My first book of the 50 Book Challenge is done. In Deception: A Phantom of the Opera Novel, by Shirley Yoshinaka, Erik; previously known in Paris as The Phantom of the Opera, flees France and escapes to England in search of a new life. While trying to find his new life he meets many obstacles he greatly overcomes and finds the things he's always deserved and longed for, and leaves his past behind him in many ways.

I finished this last night and it was even better the second time reading it. I sti
Belladova
Oct 28, 2013 Belladova rated it it was amazing
Deception is probably by far my favorite Phantom sequel so far. Details were excellent. I loved Erik's progress and maturity throughout the story. Lovely plot and lovely ending. However, I would not recommend to someone who loves to read erotic. It's innocent and well written.
Alex
Oct 24, 2016 Alex rated it really liked it
I'm marking it 4 stars but it's more like a 3.5 for me. I actually enjoyed this. Which is great because the last clutch of Phan-fiction I read I was none too keen on. Thank you, dear author for not writing this to just have Erik sleep with someone.
Shannon
It was a pretty decent Phantom novel, however there was something to be left wanting when it contains a female character named "Melodie" and she is of course blind to see Erik. The book is worth reading, though not a classic.
Nov 02, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: poto
Questo libro è un seguito del Fantasma dell'Opera, devo dire che è stata una lettura molto piacevole. L'autrice è riuscita a tratteggiare Erik in linea con il personaggio originale e anche se di solito preferisco le storie Erik - Christine questa mi ha conquistato.
Aug 12, 2016 Sarah rated it did not like it
This book was so bad I don't even remember reading it... well I remember reading it I just don't remember the plot it was that bad.
Stephanie Briggs
Dec 22, 2013 Stephanie Briggs rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, new take on a sequel (not for the E/C shipper). The only problem I had with it was that it seemed a bit too short. I'd be interested in a sequel.
Rae Marie
Rae Marie rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Brieana Kepley
Brieana Kepley rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2013
Sarah Anne
Sarah Anne rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Hilary Reed
Hilary Reed rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Lisa Gomez
Lisa Gomez rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Chantelle
Chantelle rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2009
John Smith
John Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Benjamin Whitney
Benjamin Whitney rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2013
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2012
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
Sasha
Sasha rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2012
Alyssa-Joy
Alyssa-Joy rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2012
Becky Hutchings
Becky Hutchings rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Rebecca Garratt
Rebecca Garratt rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014