Start by marking “The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections” as Want to Read:
The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,029 ratings  ·  46 reviews
(Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook). 12 selections from the movie adaptation of this Broadway classic: Think of Me * Angel of Music * The Phantom of the Opera * The Music of the Night * Prima Donna * All I Ask of You * Masquerade * The Fairground * Journey to the Cemetery * Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again * The Point of No Return * Learn to Be Lonely. Includes biography and ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation (first published April 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

Moocow
Briana
It's probably because I'm a nonconformist, but I've fallen out of love with PotO...mostly because EVERY SINGER sings it...no joke...in fact, *cough* many non-singers sing it...and it's not that fun to play...I mean, I like playing it for singers, but it's kinda...overused.
Have I mentioned how much I dislike playing Masquerade? SO. MUCH. THUMPING.
Blue
(4.5)

I wish they put more songs (though I guess the primary focus of this songbook is for the vocalists, so okay). The piano selections are not that difficult, which is perfect for accompaniment, but not recital performances and such. The songs are wonderful! Andrew Lloyd Webber is awesome. Phantom <333
Jessica
I love this music book! The song selections are great and they're not even too difficult to play (as long as you transpose All I Ask of You into three sharps instead of 4 flats or whatever crazy key it is in! :D). Anyway, it's great music, even if you don't care for the movie itself! :)

Includes:

Journey to the Cemetery
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
The Point of N
Tzu-mainn Chen
I first saw this musical nearly twenty years ago in New York City. Back then I was a highly impressionable young whippersnapper, and The Phantom of the Opera certainly left an impression (among other effects, I greatly disappointed my piano teacher by insisting that I play a few Phantom songs for a recital).

Now I am old and have the unparalleled wisdom of a man in his mid-30s. I took my seven-year old daughter to see a new production of the show in Boston, and here are my impressions:

* Some of t
Elly
Honestly I am a webbet (Andrew Lloyd webber fan) a huge fan. It would be an honor to meet him. I love the phantom if the opera but somebody says that garage butler was terrible (which I harshly disagree with) but I love Andrew Lloyd webber and all of his work
Charlotte Stevenson
I absolutely love these arrangements - for once they stay as true as possible to the music and have such a clear cut edge to them as well that makes them effective and equally much a challenge for both voice and piano. I particularly enjoyed using this at GCSE for practical lessons.
Micah
This was the first music that I learned to play. I would use my sister's songbook while my parents were out so that I could learn to play songs with which I was familiar without my mother making me take lessons. It wasn't long before my sister ratted on me & I ended up taking lessons anyway, so essentially this book launched my musical education. Clearly these arrangements are suitable for beginners, but now when I play from this book I use this music as a template, fleshing out the music as ...more
Wind
I have this and love playing and singing the sings. The only piano book I still have.
Lindsey
This took FOREVER to read! I started reading it a couple months ago and it was kind of slow going and i got a little bored and unfortunatly kind of forgot about. But just yesterday i started reading it again and it was toward the end and it picked up amazingly!! The ending was GREAT!I totally wasn't expecting anything like it! It's absolutly NOTHING like the movie (which i adore!) but it was totally worth reading!
Femmy
I love Phantom of the Opera and I love the songs, most of which are in this songbook. But I'm not too crazy about the arrangement. Unless I can find another, however, I guess I will keep returning to it for my favorite songs--"Think of Me", "All I Ask of You", "Angel of Music", "The Music of the Night", "The Phantom of the Opera", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again".
Ruth Learn
This musical has been on Broadway for 25 years for a reason....
Kaitlyn
I loved the movie so much!!!!!!! The book just didnt have the same as the movie. This is the one time I can truly say the movie was better than the book. Not what I thought it would be. Makes me think a little diferent about it though. Still prefer the movie not many books I can say that about.
Nika
I played Christine in a SCENE Variety Show and performed her Phantom of the Opera Theme Song. (with the Phantom/got my first standing ovation too)-Goucher College Md. I so looked like her with my super long hair down to my butt aside from being able to sing the high parts at the end of this piece.
Amal H

I'll talking about the movie,honestly is one of the great movies in the film industry history.

Amazing acting, story & songs esp. (phantom of the opera & Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again).

I saw it several times & i'll never feel bored from returning!

WONDERFUL ! :)
L.lawliet.fan.314
This book is AWESOME!! I didn't know goodreads.com had sheet music. I love just messing around with the songs. My favorite to play is "The Music of the Night". I love all of the music, and the lyrics are so well thought out. It's kinda tricky, but it's fun.
Giacomo Casanova
This sheet music is great. This is easy enough to play, even after you've had a drink or two, and it sounds great. Also, people find it easy to sing along to this arrangement... Great sheet music for a party or get together with friends.
Ashley
Incredible music that is surprisingly simple to learn with practice. Well written and quality music is hard to find these days, I was very impressed with this set. Do they have a book for the musical Cats?
Sara Nia (Tea and Parchment)
Wonderful piano and vocal arrangements. I personally love this musical, despite the fact that most of the songs included here are hugely over-used. I adore them, none the less, both to play and to sing.
Lori
May 02, 2007 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: horror, classic
If you loved the broadway show or the movie, you'll love the book...more detail, and gets pretty creepy. Lots of stuff they couldn't do in a play. A great classic.
Alissa
this book was pretty good. the movie was nothing like it at all. even though i thought the movie was a lot better i'd say this was a book worth reading.
Kenny
I love this music!!! I played an excerpt in school and instantly became hooked! I went and got the whole version so that I coulp play it on Piano.
Meira
The movie was better, but it's hard to compare when they're so different. It's a great premise so I couldn't hate it. I hope to go to the show soon!
Veronica
Hugely debated as my favorite musical of all time. I love the "behind the scenes" feel of this edition and the music... brilliant!
Marisa
It's good as the accompaniment for vocalists, but it is great if you like improvising your own arrangements as it reads as a 'fake book'.
Isis
Andrew Lloyd Webber really destroyed the original text by deleting characters, changing Christine, etc...
Molly
Just a simple piano accompaniment and vocal selection from Phantom of the Opera. Good for low-intermediate.
Amber
Nice book. Wish it went into the history of Phantom of the Opera a little more. Awesome Pictures.

Mackenzie
"Don't judge a book by its cover" in other wise dont judge a person by their looks
guitar chords 2 15 Mar 16, 2013 12:22PM
  • 1776
  • The Messiah: An Oratorio Complete Vocal Score
  • Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement
  • West Side Story
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • The Book of Mormon
  • The Mikado
  • Madrigal: A Novel of Gaston LeRoux's the Phantom of the Opera
  • Pride and Prejudice: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack- Piano Solo
  • Spring Awakening
  • Children's Songbook
  • Causing a Scene: Extraordinary Pranks in Ordinary Places with Improv Everywhere
  • Metamorphoses
  • Next to Normal
Evita Cats: The Book of the Musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat Love Never Dies: Phantom: The Story Continues... The Complete Phantom of the Opera

“Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.” 159 likes
“Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music of the night.” 134 likes