Start by marking “Ghosts in Sunlight” as Want to Read:
Ghosts in Sunlight

Ghosts in Sunlight (Ghosts In Sunlight)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  19 reviews
THIS EDITION IS NOW OUT OF PRINT

********************************************

Ghosts In Sunlight” is a metaphor for the memories at the back of the mind, and the people who constantly haunt each of the characters in the story.
The author’s themes range from young and tender love, to old and vengeful hatreds. From the misery of bed-sit poverty of London in the 1960s, to the po
ebook, 3, 476 pages
Published January 16th 2012 by Eighty-Eight Publications (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts in Sunlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts in Sunlight

Erika
This one's not really recommended for young readers. Haha! I'm lucky enough to have the hard-bound copy of this novel. I think this one was published during 1999. However, I liked the flow of the story. This novel shows different kinds of moods, and the characters are relevant to the flow of the story.
Gretta
Mar 11, 2013 Gretta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

This edition is now OUT OF PRINT

******************************************************

`Part thriller, part love story, it’s hard to resist turning the pages.’ BELFAST TELEGRAPH

`A fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense power, women both wounded and wounding, and a variety of credible male characters from the traumatised Vietnam Veteran Jimmy Overman to the seedy publisher, James Duncan… an excellent book.’ IE BOOK REVIEW

`A fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense powe
Gretta
Mar 26, 2013 Gretta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
OUT OF PRINT

`This is a real page turner.’ Irish News.

`“Ghosts in Sunlight” succeeds in combining the genres of thriller and romance into a fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense power, women both wounded and wounding, and a variety of credible male characters from the traumatised Vietnam Veteran Jimmy Overman to the seedy publisher, James Duncan… an excellent book.’ IE BOOK REVIEW

`Ghosts in
Gretta
Mar 26, 2013 Gretta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
THIS EDITION IS OUT OF PRINT

I just love this book - it was my first book of complete 100% fiction and not based on true and actual events - apart fron the authentic background of course.

In my historical novels I always feel I have a duty of honour to be absolutely true to the people whose life stories I am telling, and sometimes, as in the case of "Tread Softly On My Dreams" I spend so much time wishing I could write it all differently, but of course I can't, and at the end I was sitting at the
Deb
Although the story line was somewhat predictable, I enjoyed the book. I liked all the characters, especially Jimmy for some reason. Minor editor errors bugged me, but there were far less than in many other Bookbub books I've read.
Phyllis
I liked the first part of the book more than the last part. I gave it four stars because I like the way the author writes. I read another book by her and loved it Tread Softly on My Dreams (Liberty Trilogy, #1) by Gretta Curran Browne. ...more
Tia Scott
Read this for the fist time when I was about 14, still love it to this day.
Alice
This is most unlikely, ridiculous piece of fiction ever. Read something else!
Billie
A combination love story/mystery...young couple, American GI and British waitress fall in love...she ends up pregnant ...he is very wealthy and buys an apartment for her and his son...his plan is to leave the Army and move to England to be with his family but his mother, a wealthy dowager, insists he stay in for two years. He ends up being sent to Vietnam where he dies.

The young woman brings the boy up and when he is a teenager, she is found murdered..he swears to find the culprit and get his re
Ruth
I normally stay well away from plots of revenge in a contemporary setting as it is not particularly a subject that I wish to spend my free time on. The writing was adequate enough to drag me to the end of the book but it was a close run thing. Unhappily, unable to recommend as most of the normal crew do not like revenge outings either.
Hayley
I loved the beginning of this book. Loved the love story, and the time period and couldn't put it down... And loved part two: the love story of phil. But then it came to part three: all about revenge, and it lost me a bit. I have a hard time loving a character so much who is that full of hate and anger. I wanted him to overcome it.
Lora Brown
Very good

I think this book is made to look like a crime thriller but it's not. it's a story of love, tragedy and vengeance. I fell in love with these characters. they are so well written that I felt real fear of what Jacqueline was going to do to people. Read this and you won't regret it.
Erika De Belen
A story that has a transition from past to present, I never thought that such wonderful novel exists. I just found a copy on a book sale, and didn't even think that it was good. If ever you found a copy, believe me, you should go and read it.
Allen
More of a romance and less of a suspense, I gave up on this book at the 11% point and didn't finish it. This should not be a reflection on this book but more on my taste in books.
Angela
I really, really enjoyed this book. Not my usual read as not sci-fi or fantasy but I absolutely loved the characters. Would definitely recommend.
Roni
I couldn't put down this book.....not sure how the title played out after reading this book, but still I enjoyed the character development....
Michelle
Loved it! Not a ghost story at all. A story of love, passion and revenge. Well written and addictive.
Babete
Uma bela história que transcende o tempo! ( Fantasmas Ao Amanhecer )
Moye
Could not put it down! Wonderful characters!
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Karla
Karla added it
May 10, 2015
Lorna Haugen
Lorna Haugen marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Jenness Drake
Jenness Drake is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2015
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Alyson
Alyson marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The House of the Wicked
  • Eye Of The Raven (Dr Steven Dunbar, #5)
  • The Nightmare Stone
  • Nightmare Along the River Nile (Paperback)
  • Double Bind
  • Dark Places
  • Officer Jones
  • Bat 21
  • A Place of Strangers
  • The House on the Shore
  • The Sholes Key: An Evans and Blackwell Mystery (Book #1)
  • Chattanooga
  • The Black Mile
  • Conspiracy of Silence
  • Black Coke
  • ASBO
  • Crime in the Community (Pitkirtly Mysteries #1)
  • When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery: When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery - Revised Edition

Ghosts In Sunlight (3 books)
  • The English Girl - Book One of Ghosts in Sunlight
  • I Will Find You - Book Two of Ghosts In Sunlight
By Eastern Windows Tread Softly on My Dreams (Liberty Trilogy, #1) Fire on the Hill (Liberty Trilogy, #2) A World Apart (Liberty Trilogy, #3) The Far Horizon