Start by marking “Ghosts in Sunlight” as Want to Read:
Ghosts in Sunlight

Ghosts in Sunlight (Ghosts In Sunlight)

********************************************

Ghosts In Sunlight” is a metaphor for the memories at the back of the mind, and the people who constantly haunt each of the characters in the story.
The author’s themes range from young and tender love, to old and vengeful hatreds. From the misery of bed-sit poverty of London in the 1960s, to the power of immense wealth in the 199
ebook, 3, 476 pages
Published January 16th 2012 by Eighty-Eight Publications (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts in Sunlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts in Sunlight

Erika
Apr 14, 2011 Erika rated it it was amazing
This one's not really recommended for young readers. Haha! I'm lucky enough to have the hard-bound copy of this novel. I think this one was published during 1999. However, I liked the flow of the story. This novel shows different kinds of moods, and the characters are relevant to the flow of the story.
Gretta
Jun 19, 2012 Gretta rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
OUT OF PRINT

`This is a real page turner.’ Irish News.

`Part thriller, part love story, it’s hard to resist turning the pages.’ BELFAST TELEGRAPH

`“Ghosts in Sunlight” succeeds in combining the genres of thriller and romance into a fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense power, women both wounded and wounding, and a variety of credible male characters from the traumatised Vietnam Veteran Jimmy Overman to the seedy publisher, James Duncan… an excellent book.’ IE BOOK REVIEW

`Ghosts in
Gretta
Jun 20, 2012 Gretta rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

This edition is now OUT OF PRINT

******************************************************

`A fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense power, women both wounded and wounding, and a variety of credible male characters from the traumatised Vietnam Veteran Jimmy Overman to the seedy publisher, James Duncan… an excellent book.’ IE BOOK REVIEW

`A fast-paced tale involving vast sums of money, immense powe
Gretta
Feb 25, 2012 Gretta rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

I just love this book - it was my first book of complete 100% fiction and not based on true and actual events - apart from the authentic background of course.

In my historical novels I always feel I have a duty of honour to be absolutely true to the people whose life stories I am telling, and sometimes, as in the case of "Tread Softly On My Dreams" I spend so much time wishing I could write it all differently, but of course I can't, and at the end I was sitting at the keyboard with tears flowing
Billie
Aug 13, 2013 Billie rated it really liked it
A combination love story/mystery...young couple, American GI and British waitress fall in love...she ends up pregnant ...he is very wealthy and buys an apartment for her and his son...his plan is to leave the Army and move to England to be with his family but his mother, a wealthy dowager, insists he stay in for two years. He ends up being sent to Vietnam where he dies.

The young woman brings the boy up and when he is a teenager, she is found murdered..he swears to find the culprit and get his re
Jolieg G
Sep 01, 2016 Jolieg G rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
5 sterren voor de eerste helft.... 2 voor de rest.

Genoten van de eerste helft en dacht een Parel te lezen...
Daarna verwonderd verder gelezen...
Is dit dezelfde schrijver... het kwam bij mij over dat iemand anders het boek even af gemaakt heeft..
Ligt het aan de vertaling??

Hoop dat iemand anders dit boek ook eens wil lezen... het leest best wel vlot weg trouwens.

Een boek wat zo mooi begint en me met een teleurstellend gevoel achter gelaten heeft.
Hayley
Aug 06, 2013 Hayley rated it liked it
I loved the beginning of this book. Loved the love story, and the time period and couldn't put it down... And loved part two: the love story of phil. But then it came to part three: all about revenge, and it lost me a bit. I have a hard time loving a character so much who is that full of hate and anger. I wanted him to overcome it.
Lora Brown
Jan 12, 2014 Lora Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I think this book is made to look like a crime thriller but it's not. it's a story of love, tragedy and vengeance. I fell in love with these characters. they are so well written that I felt real fear of what Jacqueline was going to do to people. Read this and you won't regret it.
Ruth
Jun 15, 2013 Ruth rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-modern
I normally stay well away from plots of revenge in a contemporary setting as it is not particularly a subject that I wish to spend my free time on. The writing was adequate enough to drag me to the end of the book but it was a close run thing. Unhappily, unable to recommend as most of the normal crew do not like revenge outings either.
Phyllis
Jan 13, 2014 Phyllis rated it really liked it
I liked the first part of the book more than the last part. I gave it four stars because I like the way the author writes. I read another book by her and loved it Tread Softly on My Dreams (Liberty Trilogy, #1) by Gretta Curran Browne.
Deb
Jun 07, 2014 Deb rated it really liked it
Although the story line was somewhat predictable, I enjoyed the book. I liked all the characters, especially Jimmy for some reason. Minor editor errors bugged me, but there were far less than in many other Bookbub books I've read.
Erika De Belen
Aug 13, 2011 Erika De Belen rated it really liked it
A story that has a transition from past to present, I never thought that such wonderful novel exists. I just found a copy on a book sale, and didn't even think that it was good. If ever you found a copy, believe me, you should go and read it.
Roland
Nov 15, 2015 Roland rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Drama, Thriller and Romance
Recommended to Roland by: Gretta Curran Browne
151119-22 Ghosts in Sunlight by Gretta Curan Brown
Read great and intriguing story about the family of Phil Gaines and family and their struggles and successes in beautiful loving lives. Phil becomes his Grandmother's protégé and successor as vengeful and rich.
Angela
Jan 21, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this book. Not my usual read as not sci-fi or fantasy but I absolutely loved the characters. Would definitely recommend.
Roni
Dec 08, 2013 Roni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-edition
I couldn't put down this book.....not sure how the title played out after reading this book, but still I enjoyed the character development....
Michelle
Aug 12, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
Loved it! Not a ghost story at all. A story of love, passion and revenge. Well written and addictive.
Alice
Mar 04, 2014 Alice rated it did not like it
This is most unlikely, ridiculous piece of fiction ever. Read something else!
Jack
Feb 05, 2012 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story spanning three generations, featuring love, loss and revenge.
Allen
Oct 30, 2013 Allen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
More of a romance and less of a suspense, I gave up on this book at the 11% point and didn't finish it. This should not be a reflection on this book but more on my taste in books.
Tia Scott
Aug 15, 2014 Tia Scott rated it it was amazing
Read this for the fist time when I was about 14, still love it to this day.
Babete
Feb 04, 2011 Babete rated it really liked it
Uma bela história que transcende o tempo! ( Fantasmas Ao Amanhecer )
Moye
Sep 21, 2013 Moye rated it it was amazing
Could not put it down! Wonderful characters!
Shanta
Shanta rated it it was ok
Dec 04, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2013
Lorraine chisholm
Lorraine chisholm rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Gretta
Jul 01, 2015 Gretta rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2013
Spencerm2501
Spencerm2501 rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2015
Debra
Debra rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Lies They Teach in School: Exposing the Myths Behind 250 Commonly Believed Fallacies
  • Bat 21
  • Nightmare Along the River Nile (Paperback)
  • Chattanooga
  • A Midsummer's Magic
  • Escape to Challenge (Moondark Saga, #1)
  • Point Hope
  • Kingdom by the Sea
  • Dangerous Secret
  • The Unseen
  • The Advent (Vessel #1)
  • The End of Innocence (Sophia's War #1)
  • When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery: When Angels Fall: A Benedetti Renaissance Mystery - Revised Edition
  • To Marry a Marquess
  • I'll Love You Forever
  • Tendrils of Life: A story of love, loss, and survival in the turmoil of the Korean War
  • Crime in the Community (Pitkirtly Mysteries #1)
  • The Twelfth Tablet

Ghosts In Sunlight (3 books)
  • The English Girl -