Start by marking “Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)

Kingdom's Call (Kingdom #4)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  719 ratings  ·  25 reviews
A sworn enemy of the Prince vows to eliminate his Followers.
Until the Prince saves his life…

For generations the Noble Knights have been in service to the King. Following a strict code of conduct, they preserve the peace in Chessington, the King’s chosen city, and rule its citizenry. Sir Gavin is a young and promising Noble Knight, devoted to King and Code.

Then a peasant d
Published May 15th 2007 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom's Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom's Call

She Walks in Beauty by Siri MitchellThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie DickersonA Tailor-Made Bride by Karen WitemeyerCourting Morrow Little by Laura FrantzHead in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
Best Christian Fiction Book Covers
81st out of 773 books — 694 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisThe Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Sci-Fi/Fantasy
98th out of 332 books — 441 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel
The allegorical story of Paul and his salvation...it was moving and helped me to see the story of Paul and and a glimpse of what his life could have been like before his experience on the road to Damascus. Honestly I never really *got* Paul's story, though his words in the Bible have helped me more than on one occasion, but hearing Gavin's story as a parallel to Paul's opened my eyes to see what it must have been like for a man who sought out the lives God's people to do them harm and then to ha ...more
Lily
*Sniff* I loved this. What a beautiful message this story has! The Prince displays Jesus's love, grace, and mercy so well! Especially as he reaches out to a horrible knight named Gavin (PAUL!~) who's the bad guy and main character that you have to FOLLOW THROUGH MOST OF THE BOOK AND EMBRACE HIS EVIL DEEDS. I loved how Gavin suddenly changed from being bad to good, as soon as the Prince came into his life and showed him love.~ I loved that part sooo much! The story of Paul was always one of my fa ...more
Jessica
Yet another great book by Chuck Black!

Kingdom's Call takes us on the journey of Sir Gavin - a noble knight serving under the leadership of King Kifus. Gavin serves his king with passion and believes himself to be noble and just but as time passes, he finds his values and allegiance to the king tested. Is Kifus truly as just and honorable a ruler as he claims to be or has Gavin only been blind to his leader's true intentions and actions toward the people of Arethtrae?

What I loved:

Everything! I ju
Bethany
Kingdom's Call, which is the fourth book in the Kingdom Series and for me, was a much anticipated read since the events from the previous book continued to unwind in this story! As in Kingdom's Edge, this book features a new main character, Sir Gavin who symbolizes Saul/Paul in the Bible. This book is very interesting in the fact that it is almost a re-run of the previous book, but from the other perspective. Kingdom's Call is basically Kingdom's Edge {Book 3} which is about Jesus life and death ...more
Anne Marie Gazzolo
The best in the series, so far at least. Still have two books to go. Loved Gavin and his journey. Some of the same events occur in the third of this series, but from a different point of view. Seeing things from the viewpoint of those opposed to the stranger was more interesting than the previous volume that showed things through the eyes of the allies.
Christy Reed
Even better than the third book. I really enjoyed the story and Mr. Black's writing style. Based off of the book of ACTS in the Bible, KINGDOM'S CALL follows the adventures of Sir Gavin, who takes on the name of Gavinaugh after meeting the Prince. I enjoyed reading this story very much, and I recommend it if you like Biblical allegories.
Abigail Averill
When my mother purchased this series, I was only ten or eleven, still being home schooled by her, this series inspired me to continue pursuing my faith, even in adversity from my peers when I started public school the story is beautiful, exiting, and definitely a good read.
Gloria
Sep 26, 2014 Gloria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who are learning about the Bible and its characters
This is the fourth book in a six book series.
The author writes looking back from a point in the future about a particular knight, Gavin, who is meant to represent the apostle Paul. The story follows the adventures and conversion of Gavin, giving a different perspective on the events in Kingdom's Edge, and continuing to follow Gavin in his escape and training.

The fifth book will continue to follow Gavinaugh.

The questions and answers are rather straightforward in following who certain characters
Andrea
Jul 12, 2013 Andrea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Honestly I have cherished this series that my son and I have read together. However I am turning the reigns over to my son who reads faster that I do at this point. He will be finishing the series solo and beginning on the next books by Chuck Black on his own. I feel confident in letting him read these as I have found them to be in line with the Bible and God- Honoring. It will be neat to see what he thinks of them. I am sad, but at the same time excited that he is ready for these. Now we may ha ...more
Katie
I liked watching Gavin, going from a guy so sure of his persecution of the Knights of the Prince, to doubts, to conversion. Very neat journey. The first half of the book was a bit tedious, as the reader has already read about the Prince's time in the kingdom in the previous book. But Kingdom's Call shows it from Gavin's perspective, one of the knights who persecuted the Prince and his people.

The end of this book is the beginning of Gavinaugh, and I look forward to diving into the next book to re
Abigail Rasmussen
This book, the 4th in the Kingdom series, retells many of the stories from the previous book but from the perspective of one who is not on the side of the Prince. Sir Gavin, is a man zealous for the King, but does not believe the Prince and fights against him. He persecutes many of the Prince's followers until one day...

Similar to the story of Apostle Paul from the Bible, Kingdom's Call is filled with sword fights, intense battles, and passionate souls.

Joshua Castillo
Kindom's Call (book 4 in Chuck Black's Kingdom Series) was a wonderful book because it talked about one noble knight that persecuted the stranger (which symbolizes the crucifixion of Jesus on the cross). I think the noble knight represents Paul from the Bible. I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone, especially 11 year old boys like me and those who do not know Christ.
Angela
Jul 10, 2013 Angela rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 10+
Although not as fast-paced as the other books in the series, Kingdom's Call was just as intriguing. It was really interesting to get a different view of the events from the previous book, as well as of who Gavin represented. Another awesome book from Chuck Black!
Meadow
Apr 23, 2010 Meadow rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Tweens
Shelves: fantasy, midieval
When Sir Gavin is fataly wounded in Battle..he encounters who can help his life and heart.

The series has a very unique twist in Christian Allegory. I have really enjoyed the plots and discovering what it compares to in life and the Bible.
Ashley Stallings
It's a pretty good book. I would have liked it much better if it wasn't summer reading and I didn't have to stop every 15 seconds to add something to my character list.
Nathan
Austin
This book was short and took me about an our to get through. I didn't like it as much as the others but it was still good.
The Literary Maidens
Madi's Rating: 5 stars

Bethany's Rating: 5 stars. Bethany's Review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Hannah
Apr 19, 2012 Hannah added it
My favourite book in the Kingdom series. Well... this one and Kingdom's Quest because they kinda join on.
Hannah
I have a couple more problems with this one than with the preceding books, but mostly it is good.
Andrew
For me , this great interesting book has a bit of relation to the Bible .
Josh
This book is amazing I want to read it again and again
Carolina
Best Christain Books Ever!
Hayley Elliott
Hayley Elliott marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
  • The Heart of Arcrea (The Arcrean Conquest, #1)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • Annison's Risk (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #3)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • The Changeling (The Wormling, #3)
  • Masters & Slayers (Tales of Starlight, #1)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • The Bridge (Bracken Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
202312
Chuck Black spent eight years in the Air Force traveling the world as a communications engineer and an F-16 fighter pilot. Today, Chuck is a product design engineer and has invented or coinvented eleven patented construction products now being sold internationally. His passion in life is to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and to love his wife, Andrea, and their six children. The Blacks take their fami ...more
More about Chuck Black...

Kingdom (6 books)
  • Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom, #1)
  • Kingdom's Hope (Kingdom, #2)
  • Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3)
  • Kingdom's Quest (Kingdom, #5)
  • Kingdom's Reign (Kingdom, #6)
Kingdom's Dawn (Kingdom, #1) Kingdom's Hope (Kingdom, #2) Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3) Kingdom's Quest (Kingdom, #5) Sir Kendrick and the Castle of Bel Lione (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #1)

“Let go of your past, and look to Mine, where I died for you. Yield to Me, and I will make you a true Knight of the Prince.” 11 likes
“Look into my eyes...' the Prince said. I have been calling you. The peace you seek you will find if you follow Me.” 10 likes