Start by marking “Kids Pick The Funniest Poems” as Want to Read:
Kids Pick The Funniest Poems

Kids Pick The Funniest Poems

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  32 reviews
An anthology of the funniest poems by the funniest children's poets. Approved by elementary-school students.
Published November 15th 1991 by Meadowbrook (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Kids Pick The Funniest Poems, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kids Pick The Funniest Poems

Timberley Mouat
Kids Pick The Funniest Poems[Hardcover:]
by Stephen Carpenter

This book is about differnt kids pick the funest poems.One of the poemes if I can rember.Is about were does the bus driver go while all of us kids are at school?So kids is staring to belive that different things happento the bus driver.

One of the kids belive that he was a super hero!!He flew above tall buldings and saves people. And another believed he was out fighting crime. He helped save the world by capturing bad people and putting
Reagan
This book is filled with poems that kids picked from all over the world. Including poems from the amazing Dr. Suess, Shel Silverstein and much more. This book has many styles of poems about family friends monsters and just plain random things.

To me, Kids pick the funniest poems is to childish. Now granted some were silly and fun while others were just to silly to where they were over the top. In my perspective some of the poems were not picked by kids... it is almost like they were written by
Diana Garcia
This book was based on poems children chose. I like that majority of them were crazy and silly ones about monsters and teachers and school. The front cover is what caught my attention because there was diversity between the children sitting on the steps. It shows how it can make anyone enjoy reading these silly poems about many different things. I liked the illustrations that were drawn and even though some were simple I love seeing the detail behind them. There were also poems about gross and i ...more
Cory Schulz
Kids Pick the Funniest Poems is filled with poems by various authors selected by Bruce Lansky. To decide on the poems, Lansky read more than 300 books that contained over 20,000 poems. He then had elementary students rate 500 amusing poems with an A, B, C, or D grade, and picked the poems for the book that were ranked the highest. The book is categorized into themes of me, parents, brothers and sisters, friends, school, disasters, monsters, strange stories, and advice. The poets are famous and b ...more
Ericka
The cover of this book caught my eye. Along with being bright the children look like they are having a great time with each other. Some of the poems boys would like, gross things and others girls would like, then there are some all will like. This was a great read.

"Learning" by Judith Viorst

I'm learning to say thank you.
And I'm learning to say please.
And I'm learning to use Kleenex.
Not my sweater, when I sneeze.
And I'm learning not to dribble.
And I'm learning not to slurp.
And I'm learning (thoug
Gracie Guagenti
Reminiscent of Shel Silverstein's work, this book is full of poems that will leave children in fits of giggles. Kids of all ages will enjoy this book, as I did. Poems such as "Daydream" -which details how a child would like to get back at his doctors, nurses and parents - would make a child smile and laugh as they can relate well to the author's message. The illustrations were also similar to Shel Silverstein because they were black and white line drawings.
Stacey
Bruce Lansky's "Kid's Pick The Funniest Poems" is a great poetry book to have in your elementary classrooms. It is easy to follow and simple to read. Topics are appropriate for elementary aged students, allowing it to be a must have in your classroom. It is through rhymes and rhythms that Lansky makes this book a step above the rest. It is in no way confusing, and the sentence structure in catchy. These two characteristics make this book what it is. I really think every elementary teacher should ...more
Ch_hayley Medsker
Bruce Lansky had been searching and searching for a collection of funny and silly poems just for young readers. He wanted a book where kids continuously ask teachers or parents to "read it again please." Finally, after many votes, "Kids Pick the Funniest Poems" was compiled. This collection contains poems about kids, school, family, friends, strange stories, advice, monsters, and disasters. Various contributors include Judith Viorst, author of the "Alexander" books, Shel Silverstein, and Dr. Seu ...more
Kaylen Matherly
I love this poetry book because it has a variety of poems separated into different categories. All of the poems are relatable to children. A great way to bring some funny poetry to your classroom!
Carole
Editor and poet Bruce Lansky has compiled humorous poems that have been kid tested to be included in the book.
Jennifer Priester
At the time I first read this book I was not into poetry, I liked joke books, which is sort of why I read this one. While not a joke book it was supposed to be a funny book so I got it. It didn't get me interested in poetry, but I did find this book to be very funny and enjoyable. I would reccommend it for younger readers rather than adults even though I believe that adults would enjoy it. The reason is becasue I first read it as a kid and later reread it as an adult. As an adult I still enjoyed ...more
Maya
This book was really good. It made me laugh so loud! Bruce Lansky picks the funniest poems. Some of the poems were a little gross. For example, the poem about how to make mud pies. I recomend this book for people with a great sense of humor. I like how the book is seperated into different sections. There is a section all about friends. In the friends section they obiously have poems about friends. I like it because its just different. Over all I really like the book.
Mikailah Shackleford
This is a wonderful book to share in the classroom to elementary students or even at home. It tells very funny poems that children would love and want to hear over and over. It is fun to read, yet includes literary elements so the children are still learning. This book has poems about kids, school, family, friends, monsters, and much more. I would recommend this for children.
Ben Coulter
This is a compilation of childrens poems and what makes this book unique is that children picked these poems. There were several funny poems that i especially enjoyed. This book recieves a mediocre rating. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a huge poem reader or something along those lines but I thought it would be better.
Savanna Williams
I thought this book was hilarious! It is a poetry anthology picked by a panel of 300 school children. I thought it was easy enough for students to understand, but taught them the importance of literary elements. I also thought it would be one that could be enjoyed by parents and teachers in addition to students.
Christy Head
Reminiscent of Silverstein in artistic style, with two of Shel's poems included, this compilation of poems is charming, hilarious and inviting. Great for read aloud or independent reading. Bruce Lansky has a knack for picking poems that flow so the book is wonderful to read from cover to cover or as individual poems.
Julia
This book of poetry was very funny and made me laugh out loud. It had a lot of different authors and one of my favorites - Shel Silverstein. But mainly it was by different authors. Also I read it in about 1 day because it was so good. If yo like funny poetry, this is the way to go!
Samantha
This book is full of funny little poems by various authors including Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss. Topics for poems include school, friends, family, disasters, and monsters. Great to choose funny poems to read aloud in the classroom.
Robert
I use this book frequently to read aloud to my students.
****

Humorous poems that elementary students tend to really enjoy. No stilted language is used, rather fun, and sometimes silly, words tell the poems.
Chandler Gullickson
I think it was a very good and funny book that kids can relate to. Every kid should read this book because they will laugh. If they have to read a poem for a class, this is a good book to get poems from.
Jeffrey Ellsworth
A good collection of funny poems. The collection isn't too big so it is easy for kids to read through all of the poems. The poems are all cute and kids will enjoy them.
Aspen
This book is just fludded with poems kids wrote. Not the funniest poems but they were okay. I prorably woudn't recomend this book unless you luagh really easy.
Keesha 11-12
I really enjoyed this book. It is really funny. It is one of the best poetry books I've ever read. It was so good that I read it all in one day. I love poetry.
Dan
Ones I like so far:
- Mummy Slept Late and Daddy Fixed Breakfast, Daydream, A Snake Named Rover, Sweet Dreams, Willie the Burper, Grizzly Bear
Jean Oram
My daughter thinks this is hilarious. She got it as a gift when she was 7 and laughed at some of the poems. :)
Rachel R
I found this when I was cleaning out my room, and as I was reading it, I was brought back to New Jersey.
Kylee
This books has lots of cute poems that are especially for and picked by kids.
Sophia Morgan
This is soooooo funny!!! you absolutly must read this!!!!!

Camden.cota11-12
I really enjoyed this book and recomend it to all readers.
I still remember "How to Eat a Bag Lunch"!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Dragons Are Singing Tonight
  • Poetry for Young People: Langston Hughes
  • If I Were in Charge of the World and Other Worries: Poems for Children and Their Parents
  • Walt Whitman: Words For America
  • Hailstones and Halibut Bones
  • A Kick in the Head: An Everyday Guide to Poetic Forms
  • Sing a Song of Popcorn: Every Child 's Book of Poems (hc): Every Child's Book Of Poems
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Fairy Tales to Read Together
  • Red Riding Hood
  • Casey at the Bat: A Ballad of the Republic Sung in the Year 1888
  • Harlem
  • Ben Franklin: Young Printer
  • Storms
  • Understanding English Grammar
  • Encyclopedia Brown's Book Of Strange But True Crimes
  • What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of A Good Fourth-Grade Education
  • Insectlopedia
I was born on June 1, 1941. My first home was an apartment in Manhattan's Upper West Side, a neighborhood that overlooked the George Washington Bridge. Soon after kindergarten, my family moved to Scarsdale, which seemed to be “in the country.” In high school, I broke my ankle when I went out for the lacrosse team, so I wrote a sports column for the school newspaper. I don't think I showed any part ...more
More about Bruce Lansky...
Girls to the Rescue #1 (Happily Ever After) 100,000 + Baby Names:The Most Complete Baby Name Book If I Ran the School Newfangled Fairy Tales, Book #1 Bad Case Of The Giggles, A : Kids' Favorite Funny Poems