Start by marking “Let It Shine” as Want to Read:
Let It Shine

Let It Shine

Ada Williams once believed money and power would bring her happiness. But now she is all alone except for her greedy son Peter, who waits only for the day he will inherit her fortune. Ada, however, has a different plan altogether.

A few miles away in Blackburn, the Bolton family may be poor - but the love they share means they can overcome almost any adversity. But no one
Published October 4th 2001 by Headline (first published May 6th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Let It Shine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let It Shine

Diane Findlay
Oct 06, 2016 Diane Findlay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down looking forward to reading the next

A very good read looking forward to the next book

Good as all Josephine Cox books are that I have read
Leyla Shuri
Apr 11, 2013 Leyla Shuri rated it liked it
Shelves: english
What attracted me to this book is the local English dialect used in the conversations.
Plot is well-knitted and the simplicity of the writing would attract younger readers.

On the preface of this book wrote the writer gave up teaching in order to write full time. She said: "I love writing, both recreating scenes and characters from my past, together with new story lines which mingle naturally with the old. I could never imagine a single day without writing..."
Claudia
Mar 02, 2014 Claudia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At first I was trapped by the story and the book was easy to be read but I found the characters to be too good or too bad, and some of the bad characters changing miraculously to good ones.... The women were always beautiful (specially the red hair ones).I found too many coincidencies in bad parents who had abandoned their children. It was too much. All in all, I didn't like the book
Dhanu Amanda
Dec 21, 2014 Dhanu Amanda rated it it was amazing
I went through all emotions from smiling feeling angry, having tears in my eyes back to smiling again. Fantastic reading - could not put this one down, quite fast paced but perfectly so. I have read several books by Josephine Cox and I will certainly look for her in the future.
Diane
Feb 22, 2013 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So pleased it all turned out well in the end, just a shame people got hurt before hand. Love Josephine's books.
Kaz.
Jul 03, 2013 Kaz. rated it it was ok
My mother just loves this author and said that I had to read one of her books but it just wasn't my cup of tea, I don't enjoy books that have a lot of sad trials and tribulations.
Darla Van
Dec 02, 2012 Darla Van rated it really liked it
Another book from the lending library at Westhaven Bay in Tenerife. This has good intrigue and a surprise.
Sharon Reeves
Aug 27, 2013 Sharon Reeves rated it liked it
I always like to read a Josephine Cox book, when I want an easy to read, safe, story, that I know I will get into quickly, and I don't have to think much. This was a good read, I enjoyed it.
hazel brooksbank
hazel brooksbank rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Mary Hutton
Mary Hutton rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
In Kyung
In Kyung rated it it was ok
Sep 06, 2011
Alva
Alva rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Kamal
Kamal rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
May 16, 2011
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2010
Val
Val rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
mrs a d monaghan
mrs a d monaghan rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Anne Richardson
Anne Richardson rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Helenmccoll
Helenmccoll rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Helen
Helen rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Lesley Hibbin
Lesley Hibbin rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2016
Jayme
Jayme rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2010
Amanda Rees
Amanda Rees rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Chathuri Samarasekara
Chathuri Samarasekara rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Loraine Nicoll
Loraine Nicoll rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lights Out Liverpool
  • Sins of the Father
  • The Ragged Heiress
  • Threepenny Dreams
  • The Grafton Girls (World War II, #3)
  • The Choice
  • A Child of Jarrow (Jarrow, #2)
  • A Lesser Evil
  • The Lost Soul
  • A Sixpenny Christmas
  • The Beloved
  • Dirty Tricks
  • It Happened One Night (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul #7)
Josephine Cox was born in Blackburn, one of ten children. At the age of sixteen, Josephine met and married her husband Ken, and had two sons. When the boys started school, she decided to go to college and eventually gained a place at university but was unable to take this up as it would have meant living away from home. Instead, she went into teaching – and started to write her first full-length ...more
More about Josephine Cox...