Start by marking “Journey's End” as Want to Read:
Journey's End

Journey's End

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  26 reviews
It has been more than twenty years since Vicky Maitland last set foot on English soil. Two decades ago she left the city of Liverpool with her three children—leaving behind the husband she dearly loved, who had cruelly and inexplicably turned against them all—to begin a new life in America. Now nervous and apprehensive, with a fateful letter burning a hole in her pocket, V ...more
Unknown Binding, 320 pages
Published September 26th 2006 by HarperTorch (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Journey's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey's End

Nova
Jul 16, 2010 Nova rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Lame! unbelievable characters; no plot to speak of and long paragraphs describing the menu for dinner or afternoon tea. Didn't get much past half way till I started speed reading/skimming to get to the end
Ria
A worthy sequel to the Journey, this follows the fortunes of all the characters in the earlier novel.
The Davidsons have now moved to America to be with Leonard Maitland to help run his farm and Lucy has brought up her daughter Mary alone after Barney's death.
Meanwhile Lucy's ex lover and ultimately the person responsible for her son's death is on the loose from jail after being incarcerated for years due to another crime.
Lucy is now elderly and feeling the guilt of Barney letting his family go t
Somer Schaffer
Just long and boring at times, if shorter it would have been more entertaining, but it dragged on. I'd skip a few pages here and there because they were just descriptions...
Carol
Maybe 3 and 1/2 stars is better. I don't think I was in the mood for this story of deception with over tones of evil at the end. A man who had a fatal disease pretended to be a drunk and womanizer to chase his family away so they could go to America and have a 'good life' and not have to watch him die. 20 years later Lucy, his care giver and "wife" decided that the wife and children needed to know the truth which she had been sworn to keep secret. She wrote to the wife and let her know of Barney ...more
Margaret
How can I put this, this book was very boring I had to skip lines to come to the end and nothing was interesting until the end.It kept on rambling on and on with no content to many details for nothing.
Karen Williams
This book was not really my cup of tea (bit too romantic not enough action happening) but still readable.
MARGO
I finished reading Journey's End and I had previously read Journey. Both books deal with the same story line and the same characters. Journey's End of course is the conclusion to the story. I would not say either of them were compelling or particularly exciting reading but I found both to be just a nice pleasant read. Sometimes we all just need to relax and read something easy like listening to easy listening music sometimes soothes the soul. Not the best books I have ever read but certainly not ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Just an ordinary story, nothing really special about it. I still don't understand why they thought Barney was wonderful. We never really got to know him and I will not truly understand why Vicki and his children could be believe he had changed so much that they would just leave him and that no-one suspected that he was very ill. To send them away with what seems without a real thought as to how they would fare.
Rowlie
I just love her books. Hold your intrigue until the end.
Zara
great second novel
Janet Randon
Well just finished the Sequel to The Journey and really enjoyed. Although the characters don't seem real as we all know most fiction books are escapism and not to be taken too seriously as are the story lines. This being taken into account both books well worth the read.
Sharon Reeves
You have to read this if you have read 'the Journey', as you want to know what happens. It was not as good, as the first book in my opinion. Still a good story, and easy read, which is what Josephine Cox books are all about.
Toni
As good as the prequel the journey - how ever just seems a little rushed, some of the scenario's needed to be developed more towards the end, it all seemed to finish a bit abruptly. otherwise a good read.
Rinburevolution
By the time I got about halfway through, I wanted to punch Barney in the d*ck for being "Mr. Perfect". The ending seemed tacked on as an afterthought, why they included Edward at all is beyond me.
Debra
For a more detailed review, please visit my blog -

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs
June
A gentle drama listened to audio book otherwise may not have finished it. Not really my genre but quite enjoyable in the end
Fi
Typical Josephine Cox fodder: a harmless, non-challenging read to give my mind a bit of a rest between the crime thrillers
Shirley
A brilliant book, if your thinking of reading this one I'd read 'The Journey' first as the story corresponds with Journey's End.
Dhanu Amanda
Quite enjoyable in the end. Not the best books I have ever read but certainly not the worst either.
Abbe
reat follow on to the book 'journey' a must read if you have read the first part.
Fran Piercey
Vicky Maitland returns to England to find closure on her husband's death.
Gillieporter
See review for "The Journey". I read them one after the other - very good.
Christine
Good short story about trust and love good quick read
Ellen
A great finish to this story.
You need to read it!!
Mary
Mar 12, 2011 Mary added it
Shelves: audio
Good story
Heidi
predictable
Heather Balan
Heather Balan marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
  • Little Girl Lost: A Liverpool Family Saga
  • Divided Loyalties
  • Since I Don't Have You
  • Angels Passing (DI Joe Faraday, #3)
  • A Sea Change
  • Eve Green
  • Mermaids Singing
  • Precious Time
  • Out of the Dark
  • Take No Farewell
  • Quiet as a Nun (Jemima Shore, #1)
  • The Enemy
  • Two Women
  • Trust Me
  • Nobody's Girl
  • Take Mum Out
  • Forget Me Not
  • Runway Zero-Eight
Josephine Cox was born in Blackburn, one of ten children. At the age of sixteen, Josephine met and married her husband Ken, and had two sons. When the boys started school, she decided to go to college and eventually gained a place at university but was unable to take this up as it would have meant living away from home. Instead, she went into teaching – and started to write her first full-length n ...more
More about Josephine Cox...
The Beachcomber The Journey The Loner Lovers And Liars Born Bad