Start by marking “Stinker from Space” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Stinker from Space

Pamela F. Service

Stinker from Space (Stinker #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
When the crash of his spaceship in Midwestern America results in mortal injury to his current body, alien Tsyng Yr must make a quick switch--into a skunk! Karen and Jonathan join forces with "Stinker" to help him return home--and unleash a hilarious chain of events!
Vinyl-bound, 105 pages
Published by William A. Thomas Braille Bookstore (first published March 28th 1988)

Reagan
Feb 29, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
During a battle in outer space, Tsynq Yr is injured, and is forced to come down to earth in the body of a skunk. There he meets a boy named Jonathan, and a girl named Karen. They become good friends. Karen and Jonathan have to help Tsynq Yr get back to outer space.
Will they be able to do it? Read the book to find out!

I really like this book. It is super cool. You have got to read this book if you haven't read it yet. This book is amazing!
Roland
Mar 06, 2015 Roland rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very charming short sci fi story for kids. An alien crash lands on Earth and takes over the body of a skunk, who then befriends a girl and attempts to rebuild his ship. It has some fun allusions to other sci fi stories and is a quick read.
LaRhonda
Feb 26, 2014 LaRhonda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good story however it appears that the book was overly wordsmithed with a Thesaurus. It was a good challenge for my child.
Bridget
Main character Karen continuously dreams about adventures in space. One day, her dreams come true when she is contacted by an alien that Karen calls Stinker. Karen wants to help Stinker return to his home, but with twists and turns along the way, it’s not as easy as she thought. An easy read for children, they will become engaged with the friendship formed between Karen and Stinker. It shows how friends can depend on and help each other.
Becky H.
Jun 24, 2008 Becky H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9 and up
I read this as a young adult and loved it. An alien who crash lands on earth and has to transfer his mind to a skunk’s body (first creature he sees). He then gets the help from two children to return home to space. Fun book!
Jean Doolittle
May 14, 2012 Jean Doolittle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read for kids. The story is simple, but well put together with interesting characters, humor and a cohesive plot. There are twists to the story that make it a cut above average. I'll seek out the sequel.
Kate Hastings
Nov 10, 2007 Kate Hastings rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 4-6
When an alien crash-lands on Earth, he is forced to share a body with the first living thing he finds-- a skunk. This puts a damper on his mission: to contact intelligent life. For sone reason humans keep running away.
Kristina
Nov 14, 2012 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh my goodness! look what I found at the library! I loved the creativity of this story and its one of those books that can help get a kid excited about science fiction. Will be reading it to my eldest!
Janet
Mar 31, 2010 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute sci/fi book for children and young at heart adults. I read this book and its sequel, Stinker's Return, to my students. They love the peanut loving body changing alien/skunk.
Margaret
Loved it. Funny - good "starter" sci-fi. Read it with a 6th grade group as a quick read when we only had a short time before break. The kids liked it too.
Naomi
Jul 28, 2008 Naomi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad my teacher made me read it worst book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pandora
Mar 20, 2009 Pandora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-2nd-floor
One of the best sci-fi books written for young readers. Uses scientific facts and doesn't slip into being sci-fi junk.
Peter
Oct 12, 2008 Peter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ha, I Remember Reading This Book In Fourth Grade! It's A Nice Book For Beginners.
Arlene Allen
Really a great high interest/low level "short" book for those reluctant readers.
Hannah
Sep 20, 2008 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff-reading
Complete fluff, but what fun! I almost want a skunk for a pet!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Cute! I should read the sequel.
Sharon Garbe
Great concept.
Deepa Sarangan
Deepa Sarangan marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Kristen Sharpe
Kristen Sharpe rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Nadia
Nadia is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2016
Christian Sharp
Christian Sharp rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Les
Les rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Haley
Haley added it
Jan 23, 2016
Jr. Sheffield
Jr. Sheffield rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Karen Lofgren
Karen Lofgren rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Connor Floyd
Connor Floyd rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2015
Leena Jackson
Leena Jackson marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Born in Berkeley, California, Pamela F. Service grew up loving to hear, read, and tell stories - particularly about weird stuff. Pamela earned a BA in Political Science from UC Berkeley followed by an MA in history and archaeology from the University of London.

She spent many years living in Bloomington, Indiana, writing, serving on the city council, and being curator of a history museum. She has
More about Pamela F. Service...

Stinker (2 books)