Start by marking “Stinker from Space” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Stinker from Space

Pamela F. Service

Stinker from Space (Stinker #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  116 ratings  ·  16 reviews
When the crash of his spaceship in Midwestern America results in mortal injury to his current body, alien Tsyng Yr must make a quick switch--into a skunk! Karen and Jonathan join forces with "Stinker" to help him return home--and unleash a hilarious chain of events!
Vinyl-bound, 105 pages
Published by William A. Thomas Braille Bookstore (first published March 28th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Stinker from Space, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stinker from Space

Roland
A very charming short sci fi story for kids. An alien crash lands on Earth and takes over the body of a skunk, who then befriends a girl and attempts to rebuild his ship. It has some fun allusions to other sci fi stories and is a quick read.
LaRhonda
It was a good story however it appears that the book was overly wordsmithed with a Thesaurus. It was a good challenge for my child.
Bridget
Main character Karen continuously dreams about adventures in space. One day, her dreams come true when she is contacted by an alien that Karen calls Stinker. Karen wants to help Stinker return to his home, but with twists and turns along the way, it’s not as easy as she thought. An easy read for children, they will become engaged with the friendship formed between Karen and Stinker. It shows how friends can depend on and help each other.
Becky H.
Jun 24, 2008 Becky H. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 9 and up
I read this as a young adult and loved it. An alien who crash lands on earth and has to transfer his mind to a skunk’s body (first creature he sees). He then gets the help from two children to return home to space. Fun book!
Jean Doolittle
A fun read for kids. The story is simple, but well put together with interesting characters, humor and a cohesive plot. There are twists to the story that make it a cut above average. I'll seek out the sequel.
Kate Hastings
Nov 10, 2007 Kate Hastings rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Grades 4-6
When an alien crash-lands on Earth, he is forced to share a body with the first living thing he finds-- a skunk. This puts a damper on his mission: to contact intelligent life. For sone reason humans keep running away.
Kristina
oh my goodness! look what I found at the library! I loved the creativity of this story and its one of those books that can help get a kid excited about science fiction. Will be reading it to my eldest!
Janet
Cute sci/fi book for children and young at heart adults. I read this book and its sequel, Stinker's Return, to my students. They love the peanut loving body changing alien/skunk.
Margaret
Loved it. Funny - good "starter" sci-fi. Read it with a 6th grade group as a quick read when we only had a short time before break. The kids liked it too.
Naomi
bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad my teacher made me read it worst book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pandora
One of the best sci-fi books written for young readers. Uses scientific facts and doesn't slip into being sci-fi junk.
Peter
Ha, I Remember Reading This Book In Fourth Grade! It's A Nice Book For Beginners.
Arlene Allen
Really a great high interest/low level "short" book for those reluctant readers.
Hannah
Complete fluff, but what fun! I almost want a skunk for a pet!
Yomiko
Yomiko added it
May 28, 2015
Katharine Springer
Katharine Springer marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Jurgen
Jurgen marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Verdetta
Verdetta marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born in Berkeley, California, Pamela F. Service grew up loving to hear, read, and tell stories - particularly about weird stuff. Pamela earned a BA in Political Science from UC Berkeley followed by an MA in history and archaeology from the University of London.

She spent many years living in Bloomington, Indiana, writing, serving on the city council, and being curator of a history museum. She has
More about Pamela F. Service...

Stinker (2 books)
  • Stinker's Return
Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus) Reluctant God Winter of Magic's Return Being of Two Minds Yesterday's Magic