Start by marking “Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)

Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery #8)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  137 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
WHO BETTER THAN A PET DETECTIVE TO EXPOSE A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING?
Things get wild and woolly when Jessica Popper's wedding to longtime fiance Nick Burby is interrupted by the sound of bloody murder. The sacrificial lamb is the black sheep of the Burby flock, a long-lost relative Nick has never even met. In fact, no one thought Cousin Nathaniel would return to the fold
Published October 27th 2009 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Had a Little Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Had a Little Lamb

Ladiibbug
Jun 08, 2010 Ladiibbug rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Fans
#8 Reigning Cats & Dogs cozy mystery series (Vet/amateur sleuth Jessica Popper)

4.5 stars!

NO SPOILERS

An especially intriguing and enjoyable book in a series that always delivers a GREAT cozy mystery read!

I just love how Cynthia Baxter mixes so many various elements into her plot in each book that add layer upon layer of interest. This time we have several surprise events in Jessica and Nick's relationship, a hoity-toity ultra exclusive high school for the daughters of the super wealthy, lots
Barbara James-Richardson
Aug 04, 2014 Barbara James-Richardson rated it really liked it
It was a good mystery. The heroine got herself lots of funny predictments from her plumbing in her cottage. The tape came off ; the water flooding everything ; all she had on a bathrobe and a man friend helped by turning the water off and all he had on was a towel after cleaning the floor. Her fiance came in at wrong moment and went in a huff. But she found the person who kill her fiance's cousin and had her cottage burned down and finally got married.
Carol
Nov 07, 2009 Carol rated it liked it
Shelves: cozies
Good but nothing especially noteworthy or unexpected, kind of run of the mill for this series. Minor quibbles: some characters are pretty stereotypical; and the title is cutesy but there's no lamb in the book outside a few mentions of a family's "black sheep". And if I were a client of this mobile vet, I'd be ticked off at the way she trashes her pesky appointment schedule at the drop of a hat to make time for sleuthing.
Vicky
Dec 27, 2013 Vicky rated it liked it
Another cozy mystery series which is based on a veterinarian and she stumbles on her mysteries by having a vet-mobile to visit her patients which also gives her the chance to find all kinds of murders that she can solve. This series involves animals, but not the talking type. I enjoyed these WHEN I just wanted very light reading….
Patrcia Sanders
Dec 02, 2009 Patrcia Sanders rated it really liked it
Murder Had a Little Lamb is a wonderful light read. The main character in the Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery series is a vet on long island with a longtime fiance. She is constantly getting involved in murder investigations which she juggles with her mobile vet practice. The characters are likable and the storylines interesting. This is one series that I don't want to see come to an end.
Daniel
Feb 27, 2013 Daniel rated it liked it
If you've made it this far into the series you should know what to expect. This was a light read with another situation Jess has gotten involved in. My problem with this one was the ending. It just seemed a bit rushed.
Margaret
perhaps because i started with the middle of the series the premise seemed unreal. read the beginning, skimmed most of the book, and read the last two chapters.
Kari
Sep 18, 2011 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This continues to be a fun series. A distant cousin is killed at Jessie's wedding, and her mother-in-law to be asks her to help find the killer.
Nancy
Jul 21, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Another enjoyable read. This time we learn about the world of art and private schools.
Marcie
Marcie added it
Feb 06, 2016
MESabin
MESabin rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Jenn Bellant Donner
Jenn Bellant Donner marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Jennifer Donner
Jennifer Donner marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Lynn Lerch
Lynn Lerch marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
LP
LP rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Polly Shay
Polly Shay rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Kelsea
Kelsea added it
Dec 27, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Greta
Greta rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Tina Reitz
Tina Reitz marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Oct 30, 2015
Netanella
Netanella marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Leah Laczny
Leah Laczny marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
  • Tragic Toppings (Donut Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Devil's Garden
  • Spin a Wicked Web (Home Crafting Mystery, #3)
  • Death Reins In (Horse Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)
  • The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume III
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Dead Man Talking (Pepper Martin, #5)
  • Killer Blonde (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #3)
  • The Lady in the Lake, The Little Sister, The Long Goodbye, Playback (Everyman's Library)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • A Cat in the Manger (Alice Nestleton Mystery #1)
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • Murder Well-Done (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #4)
(from author's website)

Dear Reader,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my web site! I love the fact that the Internet makes it so easy to "talk" to readers (and to hear from them, too - my email address is below).

My favorite thing to do is read - and my second favorite is to write. Since 2003, I've been writing The Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery Series, which features veterinarian Jessica Po
More about Cynthia Baxter...

Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery (9 books)
  • Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1)
  • Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2)
  • Lead a Horse to Murder (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #3)
  • Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #4)
  • Right from the Gecko (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #5)
  • Who's Kitten Who? (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #6)
  • Monkey See, Monkey Die (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #7)
  • Crossing the Lion (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #9)