Start by marking “Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)” as Want to Read:
Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #8)

Murder Had a Little Lamb (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery #8)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  8 reviews
WHO BETTER THAN A PET DETECTIVE TO EXPOSE A WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING?
Things get wild and woolly when Jessica Popper's wedding to longtime fiance Nick Burby is interrupted by the sound of bloody murder. The sacrificial lamb is the black sheep of the Burby flock, a long-lost relative Nick has never even met. In fact, no one thought Cousin Nathaniel would return to the fold
Published October 27th 2009 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Had a Little Lamb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Had a Little Lamb

Ladiibbug
Jun 08, 2010 Ladiibbug rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Fans
#8 Reigning Cats & Dogs cozy mystery series (Vet/amateur sleuth Jessica Popper)

4.5 stars!

NO SPOILERS

An especially intriguing and enjoyable book in a series that always delivers a GREAT cozy mystery read!

I just love how Cynthia Baxter mixes so many various elements into her plot in each book that add layer upon layer of interest. This time we have several surprise events in Jessica and Nick's relationship, a hoity-toity ultra exclusive high school for the daughters of the super wealthy, lots
Barbara James-Richardson
It was a good mystery. The heroine got herself lots of funny predictments from her plumbing in her cottage. The tape came off ; the water flooding everything ; all she had on a bathrobe and a man friend helped by turning the water off and all he had on was a towel after cleaning the floor. Her fiance came in at wrong moment and went in a huff. But she found the person who kill her fiance's cousin and had her cottage burned down and finally got married.
Carol
Good but nothing especially noteworthy or unexpected, kind of run of the mill for this series. Minor quibbles: some characters are pretty stereotypical; and the title is cutesy but there's no lamb in the book outside a few mentions of a family's "black sheep". And if I were a client of this mobile vet, I'd be ticked off at the way she trashes her pesky appointment schedule at the drop of a hat to make time for sleuthing.
Vicky
Another cozy mystery series which is based on a veterinarian and she stumbles on her mysteries by having a vet-mobile to visit her patients which also gives her the chance to find all kinds of murders that she can solve. This series involves animals, but not the talking type. I enjoyed these WHEN I just wanted very light reading….
Patrcia Sanders
Murder Had a Little Lamb is a wonderful light read. The main character in the Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery series is a vet on long island with a longtime fiance. She is constantly getting involved in murder investigations which she juggles with her mobile vet practice. The characters are likable and the storylines interesting. This is one series that I don't want to see come to an end.
Daniel
If you've made it this far into the series you should know what to expect. This was a light read with another situation Jess has gotten involved in. My problem with this one was the ending. It just seemed a bit rushed.
Kari
This continues to be a fun series. A distant cousin is killed at Jessie's wedding, and her mother-in-law to be asks her to help find the killer.
Nancy
Another enjoyable read. This time we learn about the world of art and private schools.
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Keri Shirk
Keri Shirk marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Belletab
Belletab marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Ariane Wolford
Ariane Wolford marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Karen Berzins
Karen Berzins marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Tim Mayer
Tim Mayer marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
M M
M M marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • Evil Eclairs (Donut Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Hot Dog (Melanie Travis, #9)
  • Dolly Departed (Gretchen Birch, #3)
  • Spin a Wicked Web (Home Crafting Mystery, #3)
  • Devil's Garden
  • Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)
  • In Dublin's Fair City (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #6)
  • Dead Man Talking (Pepper Martin #5)
  • More Beer
  • Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
(from author's website)

Dear Reader,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my web site! I love the fact that the Internet makes it so easy to "talk" to readers (and to hear from them, too - my email address is below).

My favorite thing to do is read - and my second favorite is to write. Since 2003, I've been writing The Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery Series, which features veterinarian Jessica Po
More about Cynthia Baxter...
Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1) Putting On The Dog (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #2) Lead a Horse to Murder (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #3) Murder Packs a Suitcase (Murder Packs a Suitcase, #1) Hare Today, Dead Tomorrow (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #4)