Start by marking “Peran Ganda - Thursday's Child” as Want to Read:
Peran Ganda - Thursday's Child

Peran Ganda - Thursday's Child

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  3,010 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
Allison Leamon menyadari bahwa berpura-pura menjadi sosok saudara kembar identiknya adalah ide yang buruk. Meski secara fisik ia dan saudara kembarnya sangat mirip, mereka sangat bertolak belakang. Bagaimana mungkin seorang ilmuwan jenius yang pendiam sepertinya mampu menyakinkan orang lain bahwa dirinya adalah Annie yang berpembawaan ceria dan supel? Tantangan pertama pen ...more
Published 2009 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Peran Ganda - Thursday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peran Ganda - Thursday's Child

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I liked this book and I couldn't put it down. But I honestly have to say I was almost repelled by Spencer initially. I mean ugh! Even if you are strongly attracted to your best friend's fiancee', that doesn't mean you have a right to pursue that and wreck his engagement because you feel like you have a stronger bond with the woman than your friend. He didn't respect boundaries at all. Keep your octopus hands to yourself dude! I think his insistence on honesty came out of a sense of self-indulgen ...more
Mo
Dec 21, 2014 Mo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5.

Allison Leamon knew that pretending to be her identical twin sister was a bad idea. For although the two redheads looked exactly alike, they couldn’t be more different. How could a no-nonsense scientist like Allison possibly fool anyone into thinking that she was the bubbly, vivacious Annie?

Yes it was cheesy, yes it was corny, yes it was dated, yes it was goofy. I liked it.

"And the red hair?
"Our Irish grandfather."

The book is 30 years old. Could you tell? Yes. But it brought me back to my
-Ya
May 31, 2016 -Ya rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sandra-brown
The idea of identical twins pretending to be each other in Ms. Brown’s RS The Switch was written so much better than this older book, which has the silliest story line I have come across. Not to mention I ended up laughing to tears at why the hero was so super rich. (view spoiler) ...more
Lisa Weber
Silly little romance book, very pat story line, kind if ridiculous. On the other hand, it was kind of cute, very sweet/simple, nothing to hurt the brain (if the story line didn't make you spit), and it had a sex scene or two that was fun fantasy material. Nothing great here, just silly.

OK, spoilers below, but here's my rendition of the book:

Twin 1: Ooh, pretend to be me for a few days.
Twin 2: No. Oh, OK.
Fiance: Darling!
Fiance's handsome buddy: You don't even love him. Make love to me.
Twin 2: Hel
Dee
Although written by SB, this is not one of her gritty romantic suspence stories but a slushy Harlequin style romance. It was ok but I wouldn't have recognised or hazarded a guess that SB wrote it if hadn't already known!

Nice and easy read but not one I would rush to experience again.
Rachel
Mar 15, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, audio
Typical identical twin swap/mistaken identity story.

Alison, "the brains," is the stereotypical brainiac (complete with glasses and wears hair in a bun) and Ann, though they are identical in appearance, is considered "the beauty" and the social butterfly.

Ann wants to surprise her fiance, Davis, with a boob job and enlists the help of her identical twin sister, Alison, to pose as her for a few days while she has the surgery. Begrudgingly, Alison is forced to trade in her glasses, bun, lab coat an
Jenny
This is a story about identical twins. Alison, "the brains," is the super intelligent scientist sister and Ann is considered the beauty and the sociable sister. Ann wants to surprise her fiance, Davis, with a boob job and asks Alison, to pose as her for a few days while she has the surgery. Spencer, the groom's best friend and best-man is instantly smitten with Alison/Ann. Alison is falling for him too and things become too complicated cause she can't reveal her real identity.

Sweet funny read w
Jacqueline
Goofy book about twins trading places. Pretty unbelievable but if you squint and hold your tongue right it was enjoyable. The hero was not to be believed and wasn't a really noble guy. The heroine was pretty fun when she finally came clean about the deception. Don't take anything too seriously even the plot or writing and it wasn't too bad to while away an hour or two.
Nana
Jul 25, 2011 Nana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tasha
Jan 13, 2016 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book and I couldn't put it down. Honestly (if I was a twin) I would not want to swap/be my twin for one day let alone one week... I mean having to be yourself at your job and then get off work and be someone else... sorry I woulda told twin sister that she needs to just tell her Fiance she is sick or come up with some excuse why she can't see him for a week. But I guess that is just me but I really enjoyed this story. It was a fun read.
Barbara ★
This is probably the worst thing I've read by Sandra Brown. What a stupid love story! The heroine was a scientist so brilliant but a complete twit. And the hero was such an ass I couldn't figure what Allison even saw in him. Terrible book.
TamyKarcz
Sep 05, 2010 TamyKarcz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For the review...well it's a very interesting topic, and really has humor giving the fact that it's actually a romantic book! As for what i've learned? It's never too late or too soon to meet the right person, even if the circumstances might seem odd!
Aizawa Shiori
Jun 28, 2010 Aizawa Shiori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, sandra-brown, sexy
The story is soo sexy. I liked it. XOXO
Grandma Judy
Apr 30, 2010 Grandma Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Sandra Brown's books. This one was a love story only - no mystery.
Shermel
Sep 25, 2008 Shermel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom_des
First book I ever read of hers. No author has brought the romance genre to life like Sandra Brown. It's real, not fantasy like most books. You can relate to it and find yourself in the characters.
Floral
Nov 03, 2008 Floral rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best short love stories I have read so far. I'm starting to really enjoy Sandra Brown book I must say. :)
Samantha Capps
Nov 22, 2010 Samantha Capps rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brown-sandra
Oh this was a really good quick and fun read. Sandra did a wonderful job on this whole book from beginning to end.
Anuradha
Jan 04, 2013 Anuradha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dear lord, what did I just read?!
Thursday's Child has a ridiculous plot where basically everything and I mean everything leads to sex.
After a while I started skipping the lovemaking where bodies 'fit together like jigsaw pieces' just to see what happens in the end.
Guess what i found?

GRRR!

MORE sex.
Nancy
Feb 01, 2015 Nancy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculous plot - who believes her fiancé will not know her from her twin sister? And who wants a fiancé who cannot tell them apart? How could she leave her sister to impersonate herself in an intimate relationship? Did she think they would never kiss or that he would not want to stay the night if he cannot tell them apart? So she can surprise the fiancé with new breasts?
It gets worse every time I think about it.
Andrea
Jul 17, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was pretty funny in it's own way, but of course dated as it was written with the early 80's style. I honestly don't think I would ever trade laces with a twin so she could get her boobs done and act like I was in love with my soon to be brother-in-law. I enjoyed this book and would reconmend it for a quick read.
Lisa
This was a pretty ridiculous book. The whole premise was ludicrous, the charade went on far too long and none of the people involved had believable reactions. There were also so many bad 80’s movie/book tropes and stereotypes that it started to feel like the author was going for some kind of record. We’ve got the twins switching places, the dorky scientist who wears big glasses and can’t interact with normal people, the awkward quiet girl who turns into a smoking hot beauty queen just by letting ...more
Brenda
Oct 12, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading about twin red-heads.
Nadosha
Mar 01, 2017 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maura
HK
Jul 04, 2015 HK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allison and Spencer. Allison is a twin to her sister, Ann who had a breast implant surgery as surprise and asked Allison to act as if she is Ann and hang out with Ann's fiance, Davis for several days. Allison who is a lab scientist and opposite of Ann in personalities opposed to the idea but she gave in.

The first day Allison was introduced to Davis' best friend, Spencer as Ann/fiance of Davis, and they felt something for each other. Spencer is not happy that he was feeling something for his best
Belle Augusta
Devina
Jan 11, 2011 Devina rated it it was ok
Pada awalnya ceritanya terlihat menjanjikan, bikin semangat buat nerusin bacanya.. Tapi makin ketengah kok ceritanya makin menjengkelkan.. Ceritanya tentang sepasang saudari kembar, Anni dan Alison, ceritanya si Anni ini pengen operasi pembesaran payudara, nah..dia pengen ngasih kejutan ke Davis, tunangannya. Jadi dia maksa si Alison buat gantiin dia supaya Davis gak tau kalo dia operasi.. Awalnya sih enjoy2 aja. Tp kok lama2 makin gmn gt. Gak suka banget Alison mau aja dicium2 gt ama tunangan k ...more
Tursday's child 3 12 Oct 07, 2013 12:44PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • The Master's Mistress
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion #3)
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • The Italian Boss's Secret Child
  • Just One Last Night
  • Dishonourable Proposal
  • No Way to Begin
  • Winter Bride
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten
  • Undone by His Touch
  • Contract Bride (Colby Agency, #8)
  • Beloved (Long, Tall Texans, #15)
  • A Heart Speaks
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • Say Something
  • Off the Record

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...