Herself

Herself

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Forty is fabulous for Tessa Craig. Heck, she has it all—a glamorous job as a political speechwriter, a Manhattan duplex, and a handsome boyfriend, Congressman David Weyburn, whose integrity, charisma, and good looks have made him his party's rising star. But her fabulosity fizzles when scandal strikes, and Tessa watches helplessly as her seemingly happy love life and succe...more
Published February 27th 2007 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published February 20th 2007)

Bethany
Tessa is dumped by her congressman boyfriend. She goes to Ireland to get some space and meets Jamie Doyle who falls madly in love with her.

A cute love story.
Kelly Driver
“Forty is fabulous for Tessa Craig. Heck, she has it all—a glamorous job as a political speechwriter, a Manhattan duplex, and a handsome boyfriend, Congressman David Weyburn, whose integrity, charisma, and good looks have made him his party's rising star. But her fabulosity fizzles when scandal strikes, and Tessa watches helplessly as her seemingly happy love life and successful career collapse like a house of cards.
Tessa realizes it's time to embark on a new journey, one she should have made a...more
Clem
I liked this book. Part of the book took place in Ireland which sold me hands down. However, it was also one of those books that I happend to need right at that particular moment. One that gives you little reminders about life, relationships, and yourself.

Tessa lost herself for a while which I am sure most of us can relate to. She happened to have lost herself in a relationship, but the lessons learned can easily be transfered to anything you loose yourself in, in everyday life. The story is her...more
Marti
As a woman who keeps a journal, I appreciate the entries in this book. I am inspired to write more in my journal & document more details of my family & my feelings.
Krystal
this book is dragging ass for me. I cannot get into this character, and the journal entries that the main character writes just randomly pop up, and it's like this forced thing that annoys the crap out of me. I don't get the connections these people have together, I'm not involved with the story line. I may give this up to the "probablywon'tfinish" shelf.
I'll give it another go, but I'm not holding out much hope.

In my hour of desperate need I finished this book. It wasn't as bad as my first impr...more
Barbara Brockhaus
Great beach read especially since it was over St. Patrick's Day.
Sharlita Green
This book was okay. Presented with the storyline issue of conquering "self", I was curious to see what the protagonist's solution would be. It was also cool to read a book set in Ireland. That was a first, so it was interesting to see how the author presents the Irish dialect. Mmmm...while reading, one gets the feeling the book is meant to be highly insightful, about an awakening and awareness, but it failed to get that deep. Okay read though.
Colleen
Fun chick lit. Okay, okay, the Irish folks were semi-stereotypical, Jamie was just far too perfect (being a slight slob is his only character flaw? come on...), and I've never seen someone win a political position that fast in my life, but hey, it's a fairy tale! And a darn good one, at that. And the descriptions of Irish places and family life were actually quite accurate (from my experiences there). Very enjoyable.
Beth
This was a really cute book. The story was light and fun, and the characters were interesting. It wasn't a total bit of fluff, either - there was actually some depth to the storyline - but there was enough fluff to make it enjoyable. Besides, it's always fun to read a book which features good-looking foreign men with an accent ;)
Heather love
Oh a smart story. Had three of my FAVORITE elements.....sex, politics and Irish Men. Yummy. It's not your typical Chick-Lit love story. A bit smarter. Fun and quick read. Cynical types need not pick it up.....it will only disappoint you with its sweet story of girl gets the guy. Go back to reading something boring.
You wouldn't think an Anti-Defamation League was necessary to defend against deeply offensive stereotyping of the Irish. Well, 'tis. This book is catastrophically terrible and gives both the good people of Ireland and chick lit a bad name, something like O'Forchristsake MacThatneverhappened.
Tracy
I generally like fluffy books, especially in the summer, but this one was a little too fluffy. I read the entire book in a few hours. I knew half way through the book how it would end, and I was right.
Whitney
Another one that started out promising and engrossing, but lost its way. The narrator is on a quest to find herself, but along the way, I found I didn't want to "find" her and put the book down.
Britta
Fun read, in a no-brainer sort of way. If you are tired of ridiculous unbelievable happily ever after stories, you should skip this one. But it did make me want to go to Ireland.
Kaitlin Rose
I enjoyed this book. It would be a more appropriate read for a middle-aged woman (seems like they were the target audience), but I liked it nonetheless. Fun, funny, and easy to get through.
Trish Rollins

What a boring, whiny, political piece of crap. I don't know what was more unrealistic. Her thoughts on democrats or her thoughts on relationships.
Shannon
It was a cute story of self discovery. It's not memorable but it's a good book to read to clear your head between better stories.
Lisa (mrs.messi)
This was your basic chick-lit read. Not that well-written or believable, but still a cute story.
Jen
Very quick read. Nothing earth shattering, but nice summer read and cute.
Chrissy Palko
Easy & fun chic lit. I read this while on a long car ride.
Tammie
if you like NY wit and Irish charm, this book is for you
Debbie
Dec 23, 2007 Debbie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women (it's chick lit!)
Shelves: chick-lit
Cute story, not necessarily believable, but a good read.
Megan Harting
terrible chic-lit; please skip
Shelly
pretty decent, entertaining enough.
Fort Lupton Library
Sharon recommends this book.
Delisa
May 07, 2010 Delisa rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Delisa by: dleon7900@yahoo.com
Shelves: fiction, chick-lit
ehhh. Could have been better
Kelly

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I used to tell people that I was born in Manhattan and raised in the Bronx; but the truth is that apart from the stellar education I received at the Fieldston School in Riverdale, much of who I am was shaped by my two grandmothers, who encouraged me to follow my bliss long before it became the sort of catchphrase you find on tee-shirts and new-age tchotchkes. My East Side grandmother took me to FA...more
More about Leslie Carroll...
Notorious Royal Marriages: A Juicy Journey Through Nine Centuries of Dynasty, Destiny, and Desire Royal Affairs: A Lusty Romp Through the Extramarital Adventures That Rocked the British Monarchy Royal Pains: A Rogues' Gallery of Brats, Brutes, and Bad Seeds Play Dates Royal Romances: Titillating Tales of Passion and Power in the Palaces of Europe