Start by marking “Unraveled” as Want to Read:
Unraveled

Unraveled

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  434 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.

Mitch Magruder, rich, successful, wildly popular surfer and entrepreneur, is always on the lookout for the next big wave or the next great deal. So when he's home for the holidays, he jumps at the chance to build one of his famous hotels right on the white, sandy, Florida beach where he grew up. The only thing
Published December 23rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Stella
This is the second Jaci Burton PRE "Play by Play" series book that I read and really like. Not that I don't like the aforementioned series, but I like more when she writes about 'almost-unconventional' heroes/heroines.
In this book,for example, the hero is 42, a former surfer turned to business mogul. The heroine is a mid-thirty mother of two. The plot is kinda predictable but still really worth reading.
It was a short and very entertaining read. All characters(main and secondary) are SUPER sweet
Emily
Not used to being told no, Mitch Magruder famous surfer and business opportunist heads back to Florida beach to try and acquire the property he is wanting for his new hotel. What Mitch does not expect is that the girl who he last met when she was 12, and he was 19 has grown up to become a sensual stunning woman with a bit of a temper who has no quams about telling him no, quite often.

Divorced mom, Greta Mason remembers Mitch fondly. Having been through the marriage from hell, Greta has no inten
Shxrxn
The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.
You can be anything you choose to be, if you set your mind to it.
- Mitch
The problem with adults is that so many give up on having dreams.
You just have to figure out what you want, then determine how you’re going to get it. Then let nothing stand in your way until you do
- Mitch
And you’re the one who opened my eyes to the things I could have. No monetary things, that kind of stuff never mattered to me. But time with my children, learni
Kobie
finished this, but skimmed after 70% because the plot point was so silly. I love her play by play books, but haven't had much luck with any other titles.
Judith
Mitch's story, of a man first introduced in "Unwrapped" and who now is seeking his own sense of place with a woman from his past. His patience and caring just don't go away, in spite of Greta's suspicion and deep inability to trust and let go of the past. A beautiful study of human nature and relationship, as well as the triumph of authentic loving over the hurt and wounds of the past. Another great Burton story!
MountainKat
I don't think I expected Mitch's story to be so sweet, but I loved it! And I don't think Greta even realized what she was missing until Mitch helped her to see it. And how he showed her was wonderful. He was just so sweet with her and the kids! So glad for the happy ending!
Angel Ruess
I just couldn't get into this story. I liked Mitch when we met him in Unwrapped, he was a fun guy. But I just couldn't connect with Gretta in this story, I didn't not like her, but she was just so blah.
Candace
A fun read. I read this in one night because once I started I couldn't put it down. Not fine literature by any stretch, but a nice, easy, enjoyable read.
Natasza Waters
A hot quick injection of Jaci. Nice little story. I like how she can balance the description and dialogue with thoughts. Always on an even keel.
Michele
A sweet story that took place on a Florida beach, so reading it while I sat on a Florida beach was rather fun.
Monica
This was a modern day Cinderella story. Do Mitch's really exist, WOW!!! Great quick read!
Alejandra
Jun 16, 2010 Alejandra marked it as to-read
After reading the description, I'm getting it? Amazon gave it 5 stars- fyi_
Diane
A sweet love story with believable characters who grow into a couple.
Tamara
Sweet story
Laura Rwagasana
Laura Rwagasana marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
JoAnne
JoAnne marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sarah Jones
Sarah Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Sue Sparks
Sue Sparks marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Laura Harper
Laura Harper is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Nov 25, 2014
Nicole Bangert
Nicole Bangert marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Formeka Russell
Formeka Russell marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • Going For It
  • Sneak Peek
  • Tempting the CEO: A Novella (Entangled Brazen)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • Wedding Bell Blues (Konigsburg, #2)
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Waiting for Wednesday (Wild Irish, #3)
  • Men On Fire
  • Pride and Passion
  • Lone Star Millionaire
  • Tempted
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 50 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...
The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) Playing to Win (Play by Play, #4) Thrown by a Curve (Play by Play, #5)