Start by marking “Unraveled” as Want to Read:
Unraveled

Unraveled

The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.

Mitch Magruder, rich, successful, wildly popular surfer and entrepreneur, is always on the lookout for the next big wave or the next great deal. So when he s home for the holidays, he jumps at the chance to build one of his famous hotels right on the white, sandy, Florida beach where he grew up. The only thing
Published December 23rd 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unraveled

Stella
This is the second Jaci Burton PRE "Play by Play" series book that I read and really like. Not that I don't like the aforementioned series, but I like more when she writes about 'almost-unconventional' heroes/heroines.
In this book,for example, the hero is 42, a former surfer turned to business mogul. The heroine is a mid-thirty mother of two. The plot is kinda predictable but still really worth reading.
It was a short and very entertaining read. All characters(main and secondary) are SUPER sweet
Emily
Not used to being told no, Mitch Magruder famous surfer and business opportunist heads back to Florida beach to try and acquire the property he is wanting for his new hotel. What Mitch does not expect is that the girl who he last met when she was 12, and he was 19 has grown up to become a sensual stunning woman with a bit of a temper who has no quams about telling him no, quite often.

Divorced mom, Greta Mason remembers Mitch fondly. Having been through the marriage from hell, Greta has no inten
Jenin
Nov 29, 2016 Jenin rated it liked it
I enjoyed it, but it moved to fast and left some things unanswered.
Oksana
Nov 27, 2016 Oksana rated it it was amazing
Sweet and short
Shxrxn
Aug 09, 2011 Shxrxn rated it liked it
The greatest gift is getting what you never thought you wanted.
You can be anything you choose to be, if you set your mind to it.
- Mitch
The problem with adults is that so many give up on having dreams.
You just have to figure out what you want, then determine how you’re going to get it. Then let nothing stand in your way until you do
- Mitch
And you’re the one who opened my eyes to the things I could have. No monetary things, that kind of stuff never mattered to me. But time with my children, learni
Judith
Sep 21, 2010 Judith rated it really liked it
Mitch's story, of a man first introduced in "Unwrapped" and who now is seeking his own sense of place with a woman from his past. His patience and caring just don't go away, in spite of Greta's suspicion and deep inability to trust and let go of the past. A beautiful study of human nature and relationship, as well as the triumph of authentic loving over the hurt and wounds of the past. Another great Burton story!
Dee
Jul 12, 2016 Dee rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

We originally met Mitch in Unwrapped (story also in duo Show Me/Unwrapped )
Angel Ruess
Jun 21, 2014 Angel Ruess rated it liked it
I just couldn't get into this story. I liked Mitch when we met him in Unwrapped, he was a fun guy. But I just couldn't connect with Gretta in this story, I didn't not like her, but she was just so blah.
MountainKat
I don't think I expected Mitch's story to be so sweet, but I loved it! And I don't think Greta even realized what she was missing until Mitch helped her to see it. And how he showed her was wonderful. He was just so sweet with her and the kids! So glad for the happy ending!
Melissa
Good story

I like the story and get the character Greta but still want to Gibbs slap her.. I liked Mitch and the kids.. quick enjoyable read.
Natasza Waters
Jul 21, 2012 Natasza Waters rated it really liked it
A hot quick injection of Jaci. Nice little story. I like how she can balance the description and dialogue with thoughts. Always on an even keel.
Kobie
Oct 16, 2014 Kobie rated it liked it
finished this, but skimmed after 70% because the plot point was so silly. I love her play by play books, but haven't had much luck with any other titles.
Michelegg
Dec 31, 2011 Michelegg rated it really liked it
A sweet story that took place on a Florida beach, so reading it while I sat on a Florida beach was rather fun.
Candace
A fun read. I read this in one night because once I started I couldn't put it down. Not fine literature by any stretch, but a nice, easy, enjoyable read.
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Nicky
Nicky rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it really liked it
May 08, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
May 07, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2012
Judy.Ca
Judy.Ca rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2010
Sam Carini
Sam Carini rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Tracy's Place
Tracy's Place rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2009
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2011
Tatiana
Tatiana rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Deb Vamosi
Deb Vamosi rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2012
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Sneak Peek
  • Flashback (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #2)
  • Going for It
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Tempting the CEO (Sleeping with the Enemy, #1)
  • Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)
  • His Black Sheep Bride (Aristocratic Grooms, #1)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Men On Fire
  • Pride and Passion
  • Jinxed!
  • Three Reasons Why (The Madison Stories, #2)
  • A Love Beyond Words
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...