Start by marking “Barack Obama: The Movement for Change” as Want to Read:
Barack Obama: The Movement for Change

Barack Obama: The Movement for Change

2.88 of 5 stars 2.88  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Examining in detail the origins of President Barack Obama's mission to change America, this biographical account is focused on his days as a community organizer on the south side of Chicago and his rise through the racially charged Chicago political scene. Obama's plan for change is put forth as the latest expression of a movement for justice: a movement that has swept for ...more
Published September 1st 2009 by Arcadia Books (first published January 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Barack Obama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Barack Obama

Rob Brown
I picked this us at a Castle Point CLP fundraising do where the author was speaking. it was really interesting and the book summaries Painter's experience well. In terms of campaigning style and how it translates: some things I think we do better in the UK already, other things are not transferable but in terms of building small cell group like clusters of local campaigners then that is what we need to do.
Any Length
A book full of facts and dates. Starting way back in american history it shows how the movement for change ultimately led to Barack Obama's election. Interesting book and well written.
Mina added it
Sep 05, 2013
Helen Greeland
Helen Greeland marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Kerry added it
Aug 05, 2012
Kemal Atlay
Kemal Atlay marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Neal Brown
Neal Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2011
Jenn Berry
Jenn Berry marked it as to-read
May 06, 2009