Start by marking “Loving Lucas” as Want to Read:
Loving Lucas

Loving Lucas

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  705 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Lucas Kiefer has lived through hell. Assaulted and nearly murdered by a man obsessed with him, he now lives with horrible scars inside and out. Abandoned by his boyfriend while trying to recover, Lucas withdraws into himself. Building a new life, he focuses only on running his bookstore. But his nightmare returns when ten years later, his attacker is released from jail on ...more
Published January 5th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Lucas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Lucas

Elspeth
This could have been so good, but it just made me want to vomit.

Too sweet...

...too fake...

and way too...

description

...yeah I returned it!
Jeff Erno
4.5 Stars
Riley Miller is about to be released from prison after a ten year incarceration. His conviction is being overturned and his record expunged. Although he admits to having committed the crime, his rights were violated during his interrogation and his confession should never have been admissible in the first place. It is startling, actually, for although it may be true that Riley’s rights had been violated, he is not the real victim. Riley is the perpetrator.

The victim of the crime is Luca
Heller
So many things to love about this one! I liked Lucas but really wanted to smack him on the back of the head.

I really wish that the story had some flashbacks to when Lucas and Nicolas had first met. Nick thinking back on it was just a bit thin for me. If they had been more of an established couple this would have ramped up the rating for me.

(view spoiler)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sweet but predictable story. Lucas had to overcome a horrible ordeal and refused to let anyone close enough to hurt him again, until Nicholas came along. He went a different route and let the friendship grow first. After a span of 5 years, he finally gets through to Luc, only to have Riley, Luc's attacker, come after him to finish the job. Luc and Nic are sweet together. Riley is horrendous. So, aside from him, it was a nice story.
Susan65
I loved Lucas and Nicholas. But Riley is an absolute monster, a nightmare come true, one that just won't die!! I felt horrible for the emotional and physical pain that Lucas suffered...just for being a nice guy. Scary really! And poor Nicholas, bent over backwards to let Luc how much he loved him, no matter the scars, inside and out.

Takes quite a bit a time, but finally they get together, but then the monster comes back...doesn't that just figure??? Needless to say, at the end the monster was sl
Deeze
While I enjoyed this story, it really was too short to do it justice.

After a nice build up the ending felt rather rushed.

Also for me personally the big sex scene just got in the way, I wanted to get back to the real story.

Overall a great idea that didn’t quite live up to my hopes.
Elisa Rolle
Ten years before Lucas was a young high school teacher just out of college; he was the classical teacher who liked to be more a friends than a authoritative figure for his students, but he did that without second thoughts. Problem was that one of his student was an unstable teen who probably would need a psychiatric help and instead his family didn't take with the right seriousness the problem. Riley, the student, approached Lucas and when the man refused him, all went to hell: Lucas was raped a ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Lucas was abused and left for dead 10 years ago, and now his attacker has been released from prison.
I'm guessing this was the catalyst for finally giving into his attraction to his friend and Sheriff, Nic.
But of course it can't be that easy and Riley is out for revenge.
Now, this is a sweet story and Nic and Luc are both really great ( and after fighting their attraction for 5 years, obviously also very patient) but I was just a bit annoyed. (view spoiler)
Danni
So, a story about a guy who has been raped, stabbed and then set on fire and left for dead should be a pretty angsty read, right? Uh, no, apparently not. This story is a bit like candy floss: light, fluffy, you can gobble it down in one go, but you'll probably feel a bit sick afterwards.

The mad man was a proper crazy bug-eyed loon, who I could imagine rubbing his hands together with glee as he dreamt up his evil plans (mwahahahaha.)

Strangely enough, Nicholas (the love interest) was disturbingly
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I held off reading this for a long time because the name of the book coupled with the cover of a sweet young man made me think this was about a couple who come together because they both really care about a developmentally disabled kid. Nope. This book had almost no substance. The plot was definitely an excuse for the romance. The promised thriller aspect was lame. The fact that the two have (view spoiler) ...more
Absynthe
It's kinda not good when the most interesting character in the book is the insane villain.

My biggest problems with this book were the two main characters. They both started off solid and interesting, but somewhere along the way turned into chicks with dicks. Now I'm not saying they started acting like real women. Nope. They started acting like stereotypical whiny, lovestruck, overwrought, hormonal, overly-melodramatic Harlequin romance heroins. Just too much saccharin dialog and dramatic pronoun
Ami
The cover definitely does not match what I think the book will be *g*. Anyway, I thought the story is sweet and tender. I actually like the idea that Lisa Marie also writes the thoughts of the bad guy. Makes it a bit scary. I love both main characters -- Lucas, who builds a wall around him and denies his feeling for Nicholas because he is scared that Nicholas will leave him once he sees the scar. And Nicholas who knows that Lucas is the only one he loves and that he determines to make Lucas sees ...more
Karen K
This book had its flaws, but overall I really enjoyed the plot and the characters - it was unique and heart-wrenching and held my attention. Lucas is such a broken character, so heartbreaking in all his insecurities yet with such a beautiful soul, Nic is a true force in both enhancing and saving Lucas’ life and sanity, and Riley is just plain scary.
LutaWolf
The character detail was really good. I didn't have to go hunt down photos to attribute to the story, she described them so well. Though the character on the cover of the book does not match the description in the book. Overall details were pretty good. There is rape and violence in the book but it's glossed over, your aware that it happened and your aware that it left emotional damaged but it's not detailed enough to cause flashbacks for anyone. I really loved that one of the characters was sca ...more
Melanie~~
Finished Loving Lucas Loving Lucas by Lisa Marie Davis for Week 16: Cinderfellas.

4 – 4.5 stars

I liked this story a lot. I loved how Nic was so patient. Of course 5 years of patience probably qualifies him for sainthood, but still, he held out and held off giving Lucas the time and space he needed. He never pressed Lucas, choosing instead to become his friend rather than push for a sexual relationship.

Lucas has been through so much and decided to sit out on life rather than risk anymore pain. He manages to resist letting Nic i
Michael
Another reviewer labeled the main characters in this story as flat and I would agree with that.

We really don't learn anything about them beyond the their main character traits - 1) Lucas has a deep-seeded fear based on a horrible attack he suffered and a asshole bf who didn't stick with him as he healed, therefore making him fearful of being hurt 2) Nick loves Lucas.

I would have loved to have known more about them.

The overall story was enjoyable and it kept my attention, but I really wanted a be
Dreamer80
Lucas survives after an awful situation where he got raped, tortured and set on fire by one of his students, ten years before. (view spoiler) ...more
Trisha Harrington
I wish this book had been longer. It was a nice plot, Lucas was beaten, raped and burned, his scars meant his boyfriend left him but he was not too broken hearted because it was Nicholas he really loved. Nicholas loved Lucas to but Lucas would not let him near him after the attack. It was sweet the way Nicholas reacted to Lucas and the fact his love was stronger than desire meant a happy ending for the pair. I was scared for a minute or two I will admit but the ending was so sweet and promising ...more
Marta L.
I should have known with the first book that I read by the same author but I decided to give her a second chance.

I read the same cliches and melodrama all over again as in the first book. There was no serious psychology or character growth, it was all about killing the past and to sleep or not sleep with a guy. At least it was a tiny bit better than Unstoppable Force.
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

Somehow Loving Lucas felt like a long, long story, when in fact is was more of a novella in length. For me, the fact that we were introduced to the antagonist, Riley, as well as the upcoming conflict in the prologue, may have been the reason I found the story dragging and uninspiring.

We meet Nick and Lucas years after they themselves met and had a chance to fall in love. This disconnect to the events leading up to their declarations of love made their relationship f
Alina
Nice and interesting story, but way too sweet for me. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love sweet and fluffy stories, but here it was overdone, imo.
Paisley
Sorry - I didn't love it, I can't say I even really liked it much. I really wanted to, but it missed the mark for me.

This one was a toughie for because I had dnf'd it twice before. I really wanted to get through it this time, and since it's a fairly short book I started from the beginning (it had been over a year since my last dnf) and muddled through.

The whole premise behind this story is how a very scarred (literally he was set on fire after being raped) and abused young man has now found love
Sadonna
Erotic Horizon
Lucas Kiefer has never prepared himself to see the man who nearly killed him years ago, face to face again, so when sheriff Nicholas Demetris call him to let him know that his attacker is being sprung from jail – he all but shuts down. Sheriff Demetris is not taking Lucas’s usual reserve attitude when he calls to let him know who was more then likely on his way to his little town and sets about protecting his man.

Being in love with Lucas for the past five years has not gotten Demetris anywhere,
jules0623
Daanquai
I really did enjoy this book, even though I only gave it 3 stars. What worked for me is just how utterly wonderful the main characters were (Lucas and Nicholas). Lucas, having survived a horrifying ordeal, was extremely vulnerable. And Nicholas, being in love, was a fantastic knight-in-shining armor hero. And I just loved Sasha and her orange hair!! The author did a great job with dialogue and the sex scenes were so sweet and yet, so hot too *fanning myself* .

But what I really didn't care were
T.M. Smith
Lucas Kiefer has spent the past ten years rebuilding his life. A former teacher, he was attacked and assaulted by a student that had delusions of them as a couple. Lucas moved to a new town and opened a bookstore. But he never stopped looking over his shoulder, and he never let anyone in. Until Nick.

Nicholas Demetris is the openly gay sheriff of Cedar Point. He’s been in love with Lucas for years, but Lucas has always kept him at arms length. So Nick settled for a friendship, hoping the day woul
glorybox6
mw138

Lucas Kiefer was kidnapped, assaulted, tortured and left for dead by a former high school student of his, Riley, ten years ago. When Riley is released from prison on a technicality, he's hellbent on finishing the job once and for all. Lucas tries to live some semblance of a life, opening his own bookstore, but he's haunted by scars, both emotional and physical, which prevents him from trusting others and allowing them to get close. Nicholas Demetris has been in love with Lucas for five
Enid
I would have love to see this story on full-novel-scale. Predictable in the best way possible. Bad guys are 100% BAD and good guys are 100% GOOD. A hero and a survivor's tale of love.
  • Brier's Bargain (Bodyguards in Love, #1)
  • Somatesthesia
  • Bring The Heat
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Untamed Heart
  • True North (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #1)
  • A Promise Kept (Promise, #1)
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Love Means... Freedom (Farm, #3)
  • Hidden Hands (Tennessee Cops, #3)
  • Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1)
  • Home (Home, #1)
  • A Matter of Necessity
  • The Magic in Your Touch (Reed, #1)
Born and raised in Florida, Lisa spends her time writing and babysitting her nearly three-year-old nephew, Zach. A night owl, most of her writing gets done well after one in the morning when the rest of the world is happily sleeping.

Visit her blog at http://lisamariedavis.livejournal.com/.
More about Lisa Marie Davis...
Dreams Come True When Love Comes Back Around Unstoppable Force Full Circle The End Game