Watercolor Basics - Let's Get Started

Watercolor Basics - Let's Get Started

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In this beginner-friendly guide, Jack Reid will show you the hows of watercolor painting. He covers it all in clear, easy-to-understand terms - beginning with what tools and materials you should buy to get off to a good, affordable start. You'll find simple, step-by-step exercises to help you: control your brush with easemaster the four basic watercolor techniques - the fl...more
Published October 15th 1998 by North Light Books

To ask other readers questions about Watercolor Basics - Let's Get Started, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watercolor Basics - Let's Get Started

Reuel
Apr 01, 2008 Reuel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I read this twice: May 2000 and March 2007; then I did all of the painting exercises in the book between February and April 2007. This is an excellent book for beginners in watercolor, with lessons that go step-by-step without skipping any essential basic skills.
Y.B.
--2014/1/9
I am doing the exercise painting in this book, step by step. If it's possible, I would like to post my awful paintings and what I learn from this book. I consider this book as an excellent introduction for watercolor beginners.

Angela Boord
This book presupposes drawing skills I'm not sure I have. But it has a helpful description of which brushes to use and how to use them, how to prepare watercolor for painting, and the various basic techniques. Now all I have to do is make time to try it all out.
Yul
Apr 13, 2012 Yul added it
Shelves: ilustration
Natashya KitchenPuppies
At last an easy to follow step by step instruction book of watercolour techniques for the absolute beginner.
L.m. Vitt
L.m. Vitt marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Apr 30, 2014
Jason Bartlett
Jason Bartlett marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Pj
Pj added it
Feb 09, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
KC
KC marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Painting Snow and Water Easy Landscapes Endless Horizon (Horizon Trilogy) Watercolor Painting Basics Books Bundle The Journey : 52 Weeks in Recovery