Start by marking “Dragon Moon” as Want to Read:
Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  2,104 ratings  ·  115 reviews
Ancient China. Han Dynasty. Ping and Kai have travelled far, but their journey is not yet over. Danger stalks them. Ping must find Kai a safe home. But how? When a hidden message from Danzi makes the way clear, Ping knows that once again the journey of a thousand li begins with a single step. Return to the world of the Dragonkeeper for the stunning conclusion to this encha ...more
Audio CD
Published 2007 by Louis Braille Audio

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Moon

Ash
I can't say I "really-liked" this one, how I wanted to, so badly yet it did not seem to live up to the same level as the previous books. I absoloutelty loved the previous books and I felt that the series was going somewhere exicting and I was hoping that the ending was going to be a little more - well (dare I say it?) dramatic than this. It's hard to explain but I felt the ending just didn't do the rest of the series justice as they were spectacular and I was recomending them to all my friends a ...more
Soon after escaping neck deep in a situation, this one last sequel brings chills up and down the spine. Not only learning that the person who helped them escape from a life or death situation, their savior soon becomes the traitor and hands their butts to the one who was after them from the very beginning. With twists and turns of the story, it is only sad to know that not everything good in life lasts forever.

I thought this book was quite interesting. It captured the essence of adventure as wel
Elise P
Dec 23, 2009 Elise P rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Elise by: Nobody
Lisa Dyer
As a fan of all things Chinese, but not necessarily mythological, this trilogy blew hot and cold for me.

The first book drew me into the adventures of Ping and her dragons Danzi and Kai, the second book did not seem to take the story much further however this, the final book, was thoroughly enjoyable.

I appreciated Carole Wilkinson's research and her dedication to setting the Han dynasty scene realistically. I was particularly interested in the interpretations of the clues to the dragon haven.

At t
Shakthi Singh
Response to Dragon moon, by Carole Wilkinson.
This is by far the most sad and deeply and in sighting book I have read in a long time.
The unusual aspect of this book was that the author made the story personal and very captivating to read.

What this book made me realise is that we are very fortunate and that knowingly and unknowingly we may be taking advantage of the things we say to be aspects of everyday life.In this the main protagonist has lost all of her enjoyments of life.
this made me feel
Book Elf
Although the story spent mostly on travelling in finding the unknown Dragon Haven, I was inspired and elated at the protagonist's tenacity as a Dragon Keeper. She was young and inexperienced, the odds were always on their way but she never gave up. She persevere in fulfilling her duty to her ward and sticking to her destiny though there were offers of comfort and security in the palace should she chose to stay.

I also liked the conference of Dragons when they reached the haven. Dragons. Wow. Pin
The third book in the Dragonkeeper series.
I continue to be impressed by the ability of the author to maintain the integrity of a Chinese Fable type story through each book of her series. In this story, Ping has to prove to wild dragons that she is the true dragon keeper. This takes her on a long and difficult journey to her destiny, but what her true destiny is will not be clear until the very end.
Jazii
Apr 06, 2008 Jazii rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone ;D
Recommended to Jazii by: ljh
I just loved this book and i want everyone to read it :)
It is a third book in a trilogy so i reccomend u 2 read the first 2 books first.
It is about a girl called Ping, and she lives in ancient china, han dynasty. Ping and the baby dragon are desperately trying to find the dragon Haven so that Pings dragon wont feel lonely anymore. Sounds pretty boring but youve got to read all 3 books ;D they are my favourites ..
BookwormJayde
This is really, really, really good. It was great, and it tied up a lot of knots. However, I thought the ending was... *bleep* It was horrible! It felt rushed, like the author wanted to end it as soon as possible, and the editor decided to just be lazy and not get her to write a better one. Later, I found out in the Acknowledgements that "there were some tight deadlines," so maybe that's why.
Lily
Aww... the ending to this book was so sad. Well, bittersweet more like, but somehow I expected it to be that way. It makes me wonder how this series will continue on (view spoiler)

My favorite part was def the whole dragon fighting scene just before the boo-hooy ending. Kai can really kick butt despite his small size! I never expected him to be like that, so it was a new treat to see. :)

Even though Dragon Moon
Wendy
So much more than just another children's fantasy series... I thought that this was a great ending to a wonderful trilogy. Although designed and marketed as a children's book, only the most avid child readers will finish the books because of their long portions of description. That is unfortunate as I think that the trilogy has a lot to teach the reader about finding a purpose, being yourself, perseverance, the difficulty in discerning true friends from others, and how to avoid letting life's ma ...more
shanah
After stay for at moment on castle Beibei, Ping and Kai decide to continue or their journey. Which follow the clues-map from Danzi (Dragon, is father's Kai).

This time, they face long and dangerous journey. Step by step, Ping was can translated of what Danzi said on those map..and follow it to the final place, Heaven of Dragon. With help ex-Dragon Keeper that was kept Danzi for long time ago, Ping and Kai found that place, was high, is a mountain.
But when they, reached it they just found bones of
cindy
"Sekarang kau menyesal, setelah terbaring di sini, dalam kegelapan, jauh dari para pelayanmu, dekat dengan maut yang masih siap menjemputmu. Kau tidak akan semenyesal ini setelah nanti kembali ke istanamu!"

Gooooo.... Ping!!!
Puas sekali mendengar (eh membaca maksudnya) Ping mengomeli Kaisar seperti itu. Dan aku merasa kata-kata itu pas sekali. Memang penyesalan selalu datang terlambat. *eh jadi alay jablay gini ripiunya* ;p Kebawa mood-nya Sang Kaisar siihh...
"Aku juga bukannya menawarkan pekerj
Tanner
This book is about a girl named Ping and a dragon named Kai. They are the two main characters in this book. The city they were living in was having a battle. After the city burnt down they went on an adventure to a place called the Dragon Haven. Kai is from Dragon Haven and wanted to return to see the other dragons. They run into a few problems on their way to Dragon Haven. Since Kai is a dragon he attracts a lot of attention. This makes it difficult to travel because he is always getting stopp ...more
Elketw
Category: Books
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author: Carole Wilkinson

Dragon Moon merupakan buku terakhir dari trilogi Dragon Keeper. Dua buku sebelumnya adalah Dragon Keeper dan Garden Of the Purple Dragon.

Buku yang telah memenangkan beberapa penghargaan ini menceritakan mengenai seorang gadis yang ditakdirkan menjadi pengurus naga. Latar belakang cerita ini diceritakan saat masa pemerintahan dinasti Han.

Bila di buku 1 menceritakan tentang persahabatan Ping dan Danzi sang Naga, dibuku
Carrie
Carole Wilkinson's writing style feels somewhat stilted. Her sentences usually run pretty short and aren't very complex syntactically. This may be because she's writing for a younger target audience, but it couldn't be too young because she certainly isn't afraid to write about gore.
While the sentences don't flow together very well, she knows how to convey ideas and emotions well. The nature of the writing made it hard for me to get into the story at first, but soon enough I was really into it.
Buffy Greentree
Found this a bit of an anticlimactic ending to the series.
I admit this is a bit nitpicky but:
I found a secret coded map with a code that anyone could have worked out a bit pointless. Surely it should have needed some special dragon knowledge?
Also, the sudden introduction of the five coloured dragon at the end of three books with no foreshadowing is just lazy writing, especially when it's then not explained.
Jo
It's kind of sad saying goodbye to this wonderful character. I've learned a lot from Ping. But like her, one door closes and another one opens...life goes on.
I suggest you find the "Lost Letter of Ping". It made me cry. It tied up loose ends before a new story begins. The story of Ping's descendant, the next dragon keeper..."Blood Brothers".
Katrine
I prefered the first book in this series. I really missed Danzi, although i also liked Kai, he acts like a little child and can be quite fun. I found it really weird that Hua could spit fireballs, and also in a scene in the book Ping finds it easier to carry Kai and use his calws to cut someting, than using an actual knife... How is that the easiest way?!
Sol  Gonzalez
Después de varios sucesos, Ping ha comprendido que no hay un lugar seguro para Kai en el mundo del hombre, por lo que deberá llevarlo con los suyos, empleando el mapa encontrado, así como las predicciones del dragón como única guía.

Para ello deberá abandonar por enésima vez el refugio encontrado, despidiéndose de Yangxin y el duque de Yan, quienes son renuentes a que se marche, debido a la abundancia que el dragón ha traído a su reino, sin embargo la desgracia vuelve a alcanzarlos en cuanto el e
Les Reynolds
Great conclusion to Ping's story. Enjoyed the introduction of new characters, and the hopeful ending. Felt like this was on par with Garden of the Purple Dragon, not quite as good as the first one though.
Lupita Vidajic
I personally didn't like how this trilogy ended. It was so captivating and rich, the characters and story really got to you. I think this was meant for a greater ending.
Alexa
I believe the culture affects the story most. Ping is forced to travel with Kai to a mountain. A mountain just for dragons.

Pages:336
Caleb Blake
This was an impressive little trilogy. The reading was simple and clear as you would expect from a young adult story, but the story remained interesting.

In some ways this was a coming of age story for the main character as much as it was an adventurous story about dragons in China. As Ping travels through the empire we see her develop in the role of dragon keeper as she learns about survival, deception, attraction and attachment, loss and finally wisdom.

Meanwhile the plight of the empire's drago
Jen
The kids and I read this one shortly after we read the book previous to this. It is the third in a trilogy, but we didn't read the first one. My daughter has since read it, and loved it, but I doubt I will. I don't like to "travel back in time." Dragon Moon is full of funny dragon moments, and lots of girl power as Ping a young Chinese girl continues on her mission of keeping her young dragon safe. I also like that it isn't all happy go lucky, Ping has to deal with tough decisions and heartbreak ...more
Scott Williams
5691be1f-8420-4950-a0f5-97714a5d612c
Brpickering
Awesome book. I love it
Sienna K
When I first started to read this trilogy, I felt quite bored. But that was before I got into the real buisness. Ping, a slave girl, accaccompanied first by Danzi, the wise old dragon, then Kai, the young and un-experienced dragon-ing, took me on a adventure throughout China. It is a book of love and frienship, betrayal and sadness, but all together, a brilliantly written book. Carole Wilkinson, you really have a talent for writing amazing books! Recommended for anyone who's eager for adventure!
Erin Sterling
This book is the conclusion to a trilogy (I haven't read the first two) about Ping, a young girl in China during the Han Dynasty, who was recognized to be a dragon keeper after living as a poor peasant her entire life. Ping has to protect the dragon Kai, who she helped raise since he was a baby, and try to find his dragon kind. Sometimes lonely, sometimes hopeful, but always persevering, Ping is strong. Will she be able to let Kai live his own life after protecting him for so long?
The Dragon's Lair: Dragon Moon 2 3 Apr 21, 2013 07:34AM
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • The Book of Lies
  • The Coming of Dragons (The Darkest Age, #1)
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • The Dragon of Trelian (Trelian, #1)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • A Rose for the ANZAC Boys
  • Eagle (Five Ancestors, #5)
  • Oath Breaker (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #5)
  • High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)
  • The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins, #3)
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The Herb of Grace (Chain of Charms #3)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • The Shadow Dragons (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #4)
  • Mythology (Ologies, #5)
  • The Truth About Verity Sparks
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f
More about Carole Wilkinson...
Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1) Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2) Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5) Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4) Black Snake: The daring of Ned Kelly

“You don't always need to know your destination when you set out on a journey.” 14 likes