A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2)

A Stroke of Magic (Magic #2)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  492 ratings  ·  30 reviews
When a young artist discovers she�s about to become a single mother, the Gypsy magic of her ancestors paints a path to happiness and true love.
Mass Market Paperback, 308 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Love Spell Paranormal Romance (first published May 5th 2009)

Anna
Having read the first book in this series, I knew I was going be treated to a fun, delicious read. That's definitely what I got with Alice's story. A Stroke of Magic is a wonderful mixture of romance and drama, full of twists and turns. I love the gypsy magic factor that the family has in this series, it's a fresh, unique spin. Madison is a pure delight to read. With the lure of magic and the message to always follow your heart, it's not hard to be captivated by this world.
Dorri
Oct 05, 2009 Dorri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: smut
A Stroke of Magic takes off right where A Taste of Magic left off only this time we are seeing life through Alice Raymonds eyes.

Alice is dealing with being single, pregnant and starting a new carreer when she begins having disturbing dreams and odd occurances. Sitting in a board meeting trying not to drool over her boss, Ethan Gallagher, a woozy feeling comes over her and she grabs for her can of ginger ale and takes a swig only to taste cool peppermint tea. Which is what she wanted, but not wh...more
Charlene
A Stroke of Magic is another cute chick-lit read by Tracy Madison. The first in the series, A Taste of Magic, was cute and fun with out an overt "I need to get a man" tone. Unfortunately, A Stroke of Magic is quite the opposite. Though it was a light, breezy read, it was ultimately predictable with a story arc that I found a bit too familiar. Alice's harried search for her "Soul-Mate" was aggravating and at times, I wanted to slap her across the face. Overall, it's a good book if you want someth...more
Nora
Alice is gifted magic by her sister, and it's amplified by her unborn daughter. She has to find her soul mate before her child is born so that her daughter's unhappiness won't destroy the lives of everyone around her (no pressure there or anything). Peopled with interestingly quirky & faulty characters, this book was a fun read.
Tam
Loving this series. I actually went out and found this book because I liked a Taste of Magic so much.

The story line is great and the characters a complex and realistic. Gotta love that. I especially like that the magical aspect is not completely overwhelming, so I didn't classify this book under "supernatural" although I am sure it easily fits there.

What I think makes these books the best is the supporting characters. I can't wait to continue reading this series because I want to know more about...more
Jen Jeffers
Cute but predictable

it's an amusing read but the plot is predictable and sometimes corny but maybe I'm a skeptic! great for a cozy afternoon!
Caitlin Horton
Great read!

I loved this book! it kept my interest and had a bit of a fairytale component to it. On to the next one in the series!
GoldenjoyBazyll
At the conclusion of the last book we left Alice recovering from a no good dirty low down boyfriend.... Liz fell in love with Nate and everything was hunky dory.... sort of....

Well, actually Alice has a memento of her dirty no good boy friend.... shes preg..... and Liz decided to pass a little magic on to her. To make things a little more complicated.... Alice took a new job at an advertising agency and there's sparks with the boss and GRANDMA has now accepted a job as a temp secretary and Alice...more
Eileen
I liked it - BUT... This wasn't nearly as good as the first book. At least in A Taste of Magic, there was more than one potential hero and there just seemed to be more substance. This book was far too contrived. Plus, Ethan would be censured for a dozen HR laws. Some parts made me laugh out loud. Other parts made me wish I could skip ahead because the dialogue - the external sort; the internal monologues are beautifully done - was often so unbelievable, it was difficult to digest. It was, howeve...more
Ceola
Free read.
Caught my attention and held it. I was truly hoping to find that once Ethan learned of Alice's secret he would not do the typical male thing and run Away. Surprise he DID NOT he was the one willing to hang in there. Alice was the teeter totter. Up one minute down the next. This book just goes to show a little knowledge can cause big problems.
I did not realize this was the second book in the series. Will I look for the first one ? Probably not.
However it was a good read
Jennifer The Forgetful Fairy Queen
I give this 3.5 stars. I really liked the first book better and the sisters story better. This story really progressed slowly for me. I liked the characters enough just could take em or leave em. Was like Meh about them. I dunno. I enjoy this authors work. Perhaps me being up all night with no sleep is making this review kinda wonky. Who knows?!
Vicki
loved it! I'm hooked on the series. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books. I've downloaded the rest and am eager to start. They are a fast read.

Love the heroes. Perfect matches for our little magic-impaired girls.

Krystal
For being a romance type book I rather enjoyed the story. True it had the repetition of most romance books but I guess maybe I didn't expect too much going in but a fluffy fast read and I wasn't disappointed then.
Amy
I like this book too, I love that the author doesn't write from one character review. Still the same wacky and eccentric ideas. Loving Tracy Madison's Gypsy Magic series.
Roberta Gellelhoo.com
Great storyline, easy flowing and compliments well the first book... Cannot wait to see what happens to Chole now...
Michelle
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one in the series. I'm not sure why. It seemed kind of predictable.
Dina
A very cute book, it's a light read. I enjoyed it and looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Anna
Who doesn't love a lil' bit of magic thrown in with their romance novel. Great summer reading!
Katie
Just as fun as the first one! I liked it even more because the unneeded sex was left out.
Paranormal Tendencies
It was a good read. Not too different from the first book, but entertaining.
Shanna
Quick, easy, and fun read! Looking forward to the next two!
Alysia
Loving this series. Will start Book 3 tomorrow!
Shay Saunders
Very addictive series of books .. loving them!!
Brittany
Not as good as is its predecessor
Theresa
While a good series. Didn't keep it.
Charia
Absolutely adorable read.
Tracey
Apr 13, 2011 Tracey added it
1st book was better
Johanna
love it
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
  • Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2)
  • Like a Charm
  • My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch, #2)
  • Witch in the House
  • Being Familiar With  a Witch
  • The Shop of Shades and Secrets
  • My Favorite Witch
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Merely Magic (Magic, #1)
A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1) A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3) By Magic Alone (Magic, #4) An Officer, a Baby and a Bride Cole's Christmas Wish