Start by marking “A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2)

A Stroke of Magic (Magic #2)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  826 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
When a young artist discovers she's about to become a single mother, the Gypsy magic of her ancestors paints her path to happiness and true love.
Published July 1st 2009 by Love Spell (first published May 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Stroke of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stroke of Magic

Anna
Mar 23, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it
Having read the first book in this series, I knew I was going be treated to a fun, delicious read. That's definitely what I got with Alice's story. A Stroke of Magic is a wonderful mixture of romance and drama, full of twists and turns. I love the gypsy magic factor that the family has in this series, it's a fresh, unique spin. Madison is a pure delight to read. With the lure of magic and the message to always follow your heart, it's not hard to be captivated by this world.
Dorri
Oct 05, 2009 Dorri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smut
A Stroke of Magic takes off right where A Taste of Magic left off only this time we are seeing life through Alice Raymonds eyes.

Alice is dealing with being single, pregnant and starting a new carreer when she begins having disturbing dreams and odd occurances. Sitting in a board meeting trying not to drool over her boss, Ethan Gallagher, a woozy feeling comes over her and she grabs for her can of ginger ale and takes a swig only to taste cool peppermint tea. Which is what she wanted, but not wh
Charlene
Jan 16, 2011 Charlene rated it it was ok
A Stroke of Magic is another cute chick-lit read by Tracy Madison. The first in the series, A Taste of Magic, was cute and fun with out an overt "I need to get a man" tone. Unfortunately, A Stroke of Magic is quite the opposite. Though it was a light, breezy read, it was ultimately predictable with a story arc that I found a bit too familiar. Alice's harried search for her "Soul-Mate" was aggravating and at times, I wanted to slap her across the face. Overall, it's a good book if you want someth ...more
Sandra Ortiz
Sep 10, 2015 Sandra Ortiz rated it it was amazing
When i read this book, i had no idea that it was the second from a series. Honestly, i don't think even if i did know that it would change how i feel about the book. This book by Tracey Madison was one of my first adult romance novels, back then i always had my eye out for things that interested me. Thankfully my brilliant eyes showed me this really good book, if i loved this book when i finished it then now i can imagine how the rest of the series is. Sadly for me i have never gotten a chance t ...more
Echo
Sep 27, 2014 Echo rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, paranormal, romance
The characterisation, the pace of the story and the slow-burn intensity of Alice and Ethan's romance kept me reading this lovely story right through in one sitting.

The gypsy magic element was really enticing and I loved Alice and Chloe's girlfriend relationship, as well as Alice's relationship with her family, they were so close and it helped the story move along well as they confided in each other.
Nora
Feb 24, 2014 Nora rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Alice is gifted magic by her sister, and it's amplified by her unborn daughter. She has to find her soul mate before her child is born so that her daughter's unhappiness won't destroy the lives of everyone around her (no pressure there or anything). Peopled with interestingly quirky & faulty characters, this book was a fun read.
Pippa
Nov 23, 2014 Pippa rated it it was ok
Wasn't too sure about this book about a pregnant woman who wants nothing to do with the father (he also wants nothing to do with his child) but is told by family she has gypsy magic and must find her "true love". Will it be the manshe is falling for or not?
A predictable read which passed a few hours.
L. M. Warren
It had its moments

This was a fairly good story. It had some laughs. Dragged on a bit. I think more magic is needed especially when it is part of the book title. It was written better than the first book, I didn't get confused on dialogue.
Denise Young
Feb 29, 2016 Denise Young rated it it was amazing
A bit slow in the middle, but an engaging read. I loved the contemporary setting with a strong dose of the paranormal. The hero was swoon-worthy, and I loved Alice's quirky and kind family, especially Grandma Verda. Highly recommend to those who enjoy paranormal romance--or even a fan of contemporaries looking for a little magic.
Ellie
Dec 27, 2009 Ellie rated it it was amazing
Loving this series. I actually went out and found this book because I liked a Taste of Magic so much.

The story line is great and the characters a complex and realistic. Gotta love that. I especially like that the magical aspect is not completely overwhelming, so I didn't classify this book under "supernatural" although I am sure it easily fits there.

What I think makes these books the best is the supporting characters. I can't wait to continue reading this series because I want to know more about
Jen Jeffers
Cute but predictable

it's an amusing read but the plot is predictable and sometimes corny but maybe I'm a skeptic! great for a cozy afternoon!
Marge
Mar 31, 2016 Marge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story

Loved it! I can,t wait to continue reading the next book. I ,m during to read about Elizabeth, and all the rest.
T. C. Petersen
Dec 01, 2015 T. C. Petersen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good rjead

Entertaining but you read them in order o
You'll miss out on the character references. Now I have to read the next one hmm..
Megan
Sep 01, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
the first book made me iffy abt reading the second. Boy, the second was SO MUCH BETTER then the first! definitely made me want to read more, hopefully they can keep up with this one.
Caitlin Horton
Feb 18, 2014 Caitlin Horton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I loved this book! it kept my interest and had a bit of a fairytale component to it. On to the next one in the series!
GoldenjoyBazyll
Jan 01, 2011 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it it was amazing
At the conclusion of the last book we left Alice recovering from a no good dirty low down boyfriend.... Liz fell in love with Nate and everything was hunky dory.... sort of....

Well, actually Alice has a memento of her dirty no good boy friend.... shes preg..... and Liz decided to pass a little magic on to her. To make things a little more complicated.... Alice took a new job at an advertising agency and there's sparks with the boss and GRANDMA has now accepted a job as a temp secretary and Alice
Eileen
Feb 09, 2011 Eileen rated it liked it
I liked it - BUT... This wasn't nearly as good as the first book. At least in A Taste of Magic, there was more than one potential hero and there just seemed to be more substance. This book was far too contrived. Plus, Ethan would be censured for a dozen HR laws. Some parts made me laugh out loud. Other parts made me wish I could skip ahead because the dialogue - the external sort; the internal monologues are beautifully done - was often so unbelievable, it was difficult to digest. It was, howeve ...more
Judy Jablonski
Jun 25, 2015 Judy Jablonski rated it really liked it
Took me a bit to realize I read book 1 - liked this story and will move on to the next.
Lisa
Mar 14, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eh. I may read the other books, but I may not.
janie love
Feb 25, 2014 janie love rated it it was amazing
good
Ceola
Aug 08, 2013 Ceola rated it liked it
Free read.
Caught my attention and held it. I was truly hoping to find that once Ethan learned of Alice's secret he would not do the typical male thing and run Away. Surprise he DID NOT he was the one willing to hang in there. Alice was the teeter totter. Up one minute down the next. This book just goes to show a little knowledge can cause big problems.
I did not realize this was the second book in the series. Will I look for the first one ? Probably not.
However it was a good read
Kerri Collins
Jan 20, 2015 Kerri Collins rated it liked it
Didn't feel it was quite as 'magical' as the first book, A Taste of Magic.
Jennifer The Forgetful Fairy Queen
I give this 3.5 stars. I really liked the first book better and the sisters story better. This story really progressed slowly for me. I liked the characters enough just could take em or leave em. Was like Meh about them. I dunno. I enjoy this authors work. Perhaps me being up all night with no sleep is making this review kinda wonky. Who knows?!
Vicki
May 03, 2011 Vicki rated it really liked it
loved it! I'm hooked on the series. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books. I've downloaded the rest and am eager to start. They are a fast read.

Love the heroes. Perfect matches for our little magic-impaired girls.

Krystal
Sep 25, 2009 Krystal rated it it was ok
For being a romance type book I rather enjoyed the story. True it had the repetition of most romance books but I guess maybe I didn't expect too much going in but a fluffy fast read and I wasn't disappointed then.
Amy
Jun 16, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
I like this book too, I love that the author doesn't write from one character review. Still the same wacky and eccentric ideas. Loving Tracy Madison's Gypsy Magic series.
Roberta Gellelhoo.com
Mar 19, 2014 Roberta Gellelhoo.com rated it really liked it
Great storyline, easy flowing and compliments well the first book... Cannot wait to see what happens to Chole now...
Michelle
Apr 23, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one in the series. I'm not sure why. It seemed kind of predictable.
Madison Mega-Mara...: A Stroke of Magic 1 3 Apr 23, 2012 07:33AM
  • Hex Appeal (Hex #2)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
  • Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • My Favorite Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #2)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
  • Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2)
  • Last Vampire Standing (Oldest City Vampire, #2)
  • Witch in the House
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch #2)

Magic (4 books)
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • A Breath of Magic (Magic, #3)
  • By Magic Alone (Magic, #4)

“Who was the sixteenth president of the United States? The choices are Abraham Lincoln or John Adams."
"It must be a trick question, because the sixteenth president of the United States was George Washington," I whispered. I expected him to laugh. Truly, I did. So when he drew a very straight line underneath the other two choices and wrote in George Washington's name and then circled it, I didn't know if I should feel badly or laugh.”
0 likes