Start by marking “Hellblazer Presents: Chas - The Knowledge” as Want to Read:
Hellblazer Presents: Chas - The Knowledge

Hellblazer Presents: Chas - The Knowledge (Hellblazer)

Cab driver Francis "Chas" Chandler leads an unremarkable existence. His greatest moments have come tagging along with John Constantine -- as a chauffeur. His home life is nothing special, and his beloved London is becoming a soulless metropolis. In middle age, Chas is stuck in a rut.

But Chas is a master of "The Knowledge," the elaborate system of routes and landmarks whic
Published April 14th 2009 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about Hellblazer Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hellblazer Presents

Derek
Throughout the Hellblazer series, we've been used to seeing Chas fuck things up when left to his own devices, he's a lovable block, that doesn't come off as bright in most circumstances, that I blame on constantly being under Constantine's shadow. Well, this time there's no Constantine's shadow to crawl under and the stakes are frankly, too high for him to fuck up. Chas the knowledge, follows Chas' godson, named Nicky, and his friend, taking their "Knowledge" a kind of test cabbies have to take ...more
Wendy
Jul 30, 2010 Wendy rated it really liked it
Feeling a bit like a failure at reading and enjoying graphic novels after the last one, I was reluctant to start on Chas. My fears were unfounded, however, as I really enjoyed my first experience with the Hellblazer series, even if I started with a stand alone featuring one of the minor characters of the main series. I labeled this one a horror novel, but it really is a combination of horror and mystery. When an evil is unleashed in the city of London, seeking to finish what it had started hundr ...more
Matej
Jun 25, 2014 Matej rated it liked it
This book follows the solo adventure of John Constantines cab driver who knows a lot about demons, but usually just plays the role of the driver/extra muscle.
The story seemed forced, and just did not fit together well.
Goran Sudžukas art looked pretty good, even though it was a bit cleaner than I would expect from a Vertigo title.
All in all, pretty skippable adventure from the Hellblazer universe.
Stacey
Jan 03, 2010 Stacey rated it really liked it
AADL has tons of graphic novels, and I love just skimming through them when I go to visit. It's given me a chance to catch up on John Constantine, though not necessarily in the right order. Chas holds himself up well here, and I like the idea of the hack driver's "knowledge" being a spell of sorts.
Jaimie
Aug 26, 2015 Jaimie rated it it was amazing
Finally, after how many years reading the John Constantine, Hellblazer series I’ve finally reached the final graphic novel. Sure, it’s technically not part of the main story arc, but it proved to be the hardest to track down - I had to stoop to asking the library (three library systems through the ages) if they could special order it for me (internet purchasing is cheating, obviously)! Thankfully, the RPL is more willing to go the extra mile than the HRL or TNRD, so after a few months waiting it ...more
Lauri
Nov 09, 2014 Lauri rated it really liked it
Hellblazeri sarja ühekordne spin-off. Constantine tõmbab ise koos mingi verinoore tšikiga Brasiiliasse, Londonis ootamatult kerkivat hädaohtu - 400 aastat kivi sees istunud hingedesööja deemoni ootamatu vabanemine ja kõik sellega kaasnev - jääb lahendama ainult tema ustav sidekick/ajutine ihukaitsja/zabutõlnik Chas. Esimest korda lugedes tundus selline mõttetu ja kergekaaluline. Nüüd teist korda üle lugedes aga paljastusid sügavamad hoovused ja lõpphinne tuli üsna kõrge, olgugi et mulle ei meeld ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 05, 2016 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
In many ways, this is a bog standard Hellblazer story: demon slips free from ancient bonds, tries to eat London, while also endangering the friends of our hero. The twist is that our protagonist isn't 'ole Johnny Boy, but instead his best bud, Chas. And, it's rather delightful for that minor change. We get to know Chas better than we did in all of Hellblazer: his morals, his hopes, his family life. It's a wonderful look at a character who is all to peripheral in the Hellblazer comic.
Carrie
Dec 06, 2014 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Came to the Constantine/Hellblazer comics because of the TV series and picked this up because I love Chas. I was worried this book might mess with my image of him because, having read the first three Hellblazer volumes, I'm aware that they softened some things up for TV.

I was presently surprised to find Chas in this book, though flawed, is still a good man. The story was fun and brought depth to a character who isn't well served (so far as I've read at the moment) by the Hellblazer series.
Poonam
Oct 22, 2011 Poonam rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
Took me just an hour to finish - occult John Constantine is away chasing a girl his age. Behind his back, a ghost is trying to regenerate to hit the city - as the title suggests - driver Chaas steps in. Lukewarm comic story.
Christian
Aug 20, 2014 Christian rated it liked it
A love letter to London, cabbies, and Constantine's dependable sidekick Chas Chandler. Just the right kind of working-class sentimentality for me.
Devowasright
Feb 03, 2009 Devowasright rated it really liked it
a typical hellblazer plotline, but as always, quite fun. great writing and dialogue, and lots of creepy London history thrown in. plus you get to see constantine on X.
Jonathan Mills
Jonathan Mills rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2010
Lila
Lila rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2017
Graham Whatley
Graham Whatley rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2016
Dennis G
Dennis G rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2010
Nicci B
Nicci B rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2009
Sorcier Celedt
Sorcier Celedt rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
LemontreeLime
LemontreeLime rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2011
Tor J. Haugland
Tor J. Haugland rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2013
Robert Church
Robert Church rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Zeina
Zeina rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Sebastiaan
Sebastiaan rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2014
Μιχάλης
Μιχάλης rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Noe Hašek
Noe Hašek rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Merlin Monad
Merlin Monad rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
A
A rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Martin
Martin rated it it was ok
Aug 20, 2012
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Emma Garant
Emma Garant rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
  • Hellblazer: The Red Right Hand
  • Hellblazer: Setting Sun
  • The Horrorist
  • Hellblazer: Papa Midnite

Hellblazer (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Hellblazer: Original Sins