Bravo! Brava!

Bravo! Brava! (Stage Stories #1)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Lights, Makeup, Scripts, Costumes . . . Performances! Jet Mykles, J.P. Bowie and Kimberly Gardner entertain us with the magic and mystique of the theatre. From Shakespeare's gender-bending comedies to the glamour of a Musical Revue, we're whisked backstage for an intimate glimpse of the drama, romance and rumors (and maybe even a little mystery) behind the curtain. Find ou...more
Published January 1st 2009 by MLR Press

Daisiemae
Bravo! Brava! Is a three story anthology written by some of my favorite authors in the male erotic romance genre.

I really thought this book had a freshness to it that I haven't read in a while. I honestly don't want to give to much away about it, but I will say the some heroes prefer an alternative way of presenting themselves. I liked it. It was different.

I liked all three stories. Bowie's was my least favorite. I think it would have been better if it had been shorter, and the main characters...more
After reading the gorgeous Lola Dances and then Skirt by Jet Mykles, it would seem I have a penchant for the occasional gender bending story. After some of the desultory reading I’ve had in the past few weeks, this was a welcome return to good writing.

Jet has certainly nailed it with her contribution to this anthology. The pacing is fantastic and it is incredibly evocative – lots of show rather than tell and it had me hooked. The premise was great and the chemistry between the leads was incredib...more
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed this anthology. The stories are: 1) About Something by Jet Mykles, 2) Sometimes Life's a Drag by J.P. Bowie and 3) Woman's Weeds by Kimberly Gardner. All 3 stories include a cross dresser, in the 1st and 3rd stories, it's a main character. Also all 3 include theater productions, in the 1st and 3rd stories they're plays (both Shakespeare) and the 2nd story is about a musical stage show.

My favorite story was the 2nd one by J.P. Bowie. I loved the characters, even the b-witchy ones. I th...more
Jenre
This anthology consists of three novellas all along the theme of cross dressing. Those of you who know me will know that I like my gay men to be, well, manly, so theoretically, I should be turned off by stories about men dressing up as women. Let's just say, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these stories.

I shall write a bit about each one in turn.

About Something by Jet Mykles
Shawn is a student in the final year of a Drama degree. His professor is a young, well respected director, Roscoe, wh...more
Elisa Ramblings
The common theme of this anthology are men in drags, for different reason and at different level.

About Something by Jet Mykles: Shawn is a cute college guy, maybe even too cute. He is an actor and he has always played in men roles, but now Roscoe, young director and college teacher, wants for him to play a female role. Why on earth he has that idea Shawn doesn't know, all right Shawn is a pretty man, but he is ALL man, he has plenty of ex girlfriend to prove it. Anyway, Roscoe is very good in pr...more
Kris
The Tasting:

Dislike/like (ending on a high note):

Dislike~ The curtain fell all too soon. ::nudge, nudge, wink, wink::

Like~ Great authors and an entertaining *get it?? - wipes tear from eye - I'm so friggin funny* concept for an anthology.

Dislike~ Not really a dislike, but I did think that the first and last stories had a number of similarities.

Like~ Who knew I would find cross-dressing so... deliciously naughty?!

So, what I think:

Hot, hot, HOT! ::cough:: For those who may be in the mood. *g*

====...more
Tam
Three stories about boys who wear girls clothes. Although in the second one the main character doesn’t wear dresses. I liked the second story better, not sure if its because he wasn’t wearing a dress or if it was the plot. It was more of a mystery which I enjoyed where the other didn’t really have a plot except one guy realizing he liked to wear dresses and way gay not straight after all and the third one he was worried the new boyfriend would realize he wasn’t just wearing a dress for his role...more
Susinok
A fun collection of three stories, all involving the theatre and cross dressing. Two of the stories are centered around a Shakespeare play and the third is at a drag club. What's not to love about that?
J.L. Merrow
Three stories of cross-dressing guys in the theatre world, all of them good reads. I may have preferred the sequel, "Encore, Encore" by a whisker, but not enough to dock a star.
Jean
I really liked these stories. Not often that you get drag queens and cross dressers in the M/M erotica and these were done very well! Sexy, funny, sad, all of it!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3 fun stories, I liked Kimberly Gardner and Jet Mykles best with a solid four stars, and three stars for Bowie's story.
Cynics_united
Only read Jet Mykles' About Something. Wasn't terribly interested in the other stories of the anthology.
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Mrmelvian
Mrmelvian marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Sala Bim
Sala Bim marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Ahud
Ahud marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Maura
Maura added it
Jan 21, 2014
Paula Coots
Paula Coots marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Ross H
Ross H marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Reflections of Love
  • My Father's Lover
  • Lola Dances
  • Any Excuse (Max & Skyler 2)
  • A Brush of Wings
  • Love in an Elevator
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Finding Chandler (Solitary Knights of Pelham Bay, #1)
  • You Can Leave Your Hat On
  • I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality
  • Saddle Up 'N Ride
  • Wicked Game
  • A Gentleman of Substance
  • The Call
Jet is a writer of sexual fantasy with a firm belief that all men are at least partially gay, that vampires are just people with a liquid diet and shapeshifters live on every block.
More about Jet Mykles...
Heaven (Heaven Sent, #1) Purgatory (Heaven Sent, #2) Hell (Heaven Sent, #3) Just For You Faith (Heaven Sent, #4)