Start by marking “Bravo! Brava!” as Want to Read:
Bravo! Brava!

Bravo! Brava! (Stage Stories #1)

Lights, Makeup, Scripts, Costumes . . . Performances! Jet Mykles, J.P. Bowie and Kimberly Gardner entertain us with the magic and mystique of the theatre. From Shakespeare's gender-bending comedies to the glamour of a Musical Revue, we're whisked backstage for an intimate glimpse of the drama, romance and rumors (and maybe even a little mystery) behind the curtain. Find ou ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by MLR Press

To ask other readers questions about Bravo! Brava!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bravo! Brava!

Daisiemae
Feb 05, 2009 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love Jet Mykles books
Bravo! Brava! Is a three story anthology written by some of my favorite authors in the male erotic romance genre.

I really thought this book had a freshness to it that I haven't read in a while. I honestly don't want to give to much away about it, but I will say the some heroes prefer an alternative way of presenting themselves. I liked it. It was different.

I liked all three stories. Bowie's was my least favorite. I think it would have been better if it had been shorter, and the main characters
May 24, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-fiction
After reading the gorgeous Lola Dances and then Skirt by Jet Mykles, it would seem I have a penchant for the occasional gender bending story. After some of the desultory reading I’ve had in the past few weeks, this was a welcome return to good writing.

Jet has certainly nailed it with her contribution to this anthology. The pacing is fantastic and it is incredibly evocative – lots of show rather than tell and it had me hooked. The premise was great and the chemistry between the leads was incredib
liz
Apr 13, 2015 liz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cross dressing and lingerie on men is totally my bag. Unfortunately, this was a big let down.
The first 2 stories by Jet Mykle and J.P. Bowie were poorly edited and underdeveloped. The 2nd story was a mess of too many characters and confusing plot.

While I liked the Kimberly Gardner story best, it too left me wanting more emotion and development. It didn't have the same amount of editing problems thankfully.

The whole antho (in Kindle) was terribly formatted too. Font sizes changing, text just ru
Jenre
Aug 13, 2009 Jenre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
This anthology consists of three novellas all along the theme of cross dressing. Those of you who know me will know that I like my gay men to be, well, manly, so theoretically, I should be turned off by stories about men dressing up as women. Let's just say, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these stories.

I shall write a bit about each one in turn.

About Something by Jet Mykles
Shawn is a student in the final year of a Drama degree. His professor is a young, well respected director, Roscoe, wh
Elisa Rolle
The common theme of this anthology are men in drags, for different reason and at different level.

About Something by Jet Mykles: Shawn is a cute college guy, maybe even too cute. He is an actor and he has always played in men roles, but now Roscoe, young director and college teacher, wants for him to play a female role. Why on earth he has that idea Shawn doesn't know, all right Shawn is a pretty man, but he is ALL man, he has plenty of ex girlfriend to prove it. Anyway, Roscoe is very good in pr
Kris
Aug 08, 2009 Kris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Tasting:

Dislike/like (ending on a high note):

Dislike~ The curtain fell all too soon. ::nudge, nudge, wink, wink::

Like~ Great authors and an entertaining *get it?? - wipes tear from eye - I'm so friggin funny* concept for an anthology.

Dislike~ Not really a dislike, but I did think that the first and last stories had a number of similarities.

Like~ Who knew I would find cross-dressing so... deliciously naughty?!

So, what I think:

Hot, hot, HOT! ::cough:: For those who may be in the mood. *g*

====
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed this anthology. The stories are: 1) About Something by Jet Mykles, 2) Sometimes Life's a Drag by J.P. Bowie and 3) Woman's Weeds by Kimberly Gardner. All 3 stories include a cross dresser, in the 1st and 3rd stories, it's a main character. Also all 3 include theater productions, in the 1st and 3rd stories they're plays (both Shakespeare) and the 2nd story is about a musical stage show.

My favorite story was the 2nd one by J.P. Bowie. I loved the characters, even the b-witchy ones. I th
Tam
Aug 12, 2009 Tam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, anthology
Three stories about boys who wear girls clothes. Although in the second one the main character doesn’t wear dresses. I liked the second story better, not sure if its because he wasn’t wearing a dress or if it was the plot. It was more of a mystery which I enjoyed where the other didn’t really have a plot except one guy realizing he liked to wear dresses and way gay not straight after all and the third one he was worried the new boyfriend would realize he wasn’t just wearing a dress for his role ...more
Susinok
Feb 20, 2016 Susinok rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun collection of three stories, all involving the theatre and cross dressing. Two of the stories are centered around a Shakespeare play and the third is at a drag club. What's not to love about that?
Jean
Apr 11, 2011 Jean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, m-m
I really liked these stories. Not often that you get drag queens and cross dressers in the M/M erotica and these were done very well! Sexy, funny, sad, all of it!
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3 fun stories, I liked Kimberly Gardner and Jet Mykles best with a solid four stars, and three stars for Bowie's story.
Cynics_united
Only read Jet Mykles' About Something. Wasn't terribly interested in the other stories of the anthology.
J.L. Merrow
Jun 06, 2010 J.L. Merrow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stories of cross-dressing guys in the theatre world, all of them good reads. I may have preferred the sequel, "Encore, Encore" by a whisker, but not enough to dock a star.
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Bec
Bec rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2011
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2011
Emilie
Emilie rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Brenda Maldonado
Brenda Maldonado rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2010
Sylvie
Sylvie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2011
Westbrooke Jameson
Westbrooke Jameson rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Junebug
Junebug rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2009
Silver pixies
Silver pixies rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2009
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2010
Laura rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
Swati
Swati rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2010
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012
Sheryl Gage
Sheryl Gage rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Tierra
Tierra rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
SH65
SH65 rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Mountie
Mountie rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Any Excuse (Max & Skyler 2)
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Wicked Game
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Lola Dances
  • Friction
  • Finding Chandler (Solitary Knights of Pelham Bay, #1)
  • My Father's Lover
  • Shifting Sands
  • Arresting Developments
Jet is a writer of sexual fantasy with a firm belief that all men are at least partially gay, that vampires are just people with a liquid diet and shapeshifters live on every block.
More about Jet Mykles...

Stage Stories (2 books)
  • Encore! Encore! (Stage Stories, #2)