Start by marking “The Golden Cat (Tag, the Cat, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Cat (Tag, the Cat, #2)

The Golden Cat (Tag, the Cat #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  422 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Have you ever wondered what your cats get up to when they go out at night? Do they just sit in the garden and watch the world go by, or do they travel into the night on wild adventures that take them to faraway places that human eyes have never seen?

The Golden Cat is a follow up to the highly successful The Wild Road and is the fairytale story of Tag the tabby cat, who a

Published March 28th 1999 by Arrow Books Ltd (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Golden Cat

Michelle☆Elizabeth
The Golden Cat undoes several elements that made The Wild Road so poignant, and (view spoiler)

The story starts out interestingly enough: healthy animals are entering the wild roads and being spit out dead. The author could have explored endless new ideas, (view spoiler)

Also, even though this story revolves ar
Humaneeccentric
Apr 24, 2016 Humaneeccentric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave it four stars because I was spoiled from the first book. This story didn't have the whole "holy crap, this is awesome!!!" feeling like the first one did. Don't misunderstand me, it's still a really good book. The characters are just so well thought out (just like the 1st book) and the storyline is good, too - albeit a bit harder to follow. I have read this book about 4 times and will always reread it!
Featherfire
Nov 26, 2014 Featherfire rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read The Wild Road ages ago (after searching for it for years) and while it was not as enjoyable as I'd hoped or expected, I do remember enjoying it. I wanted to like the sequel too, but I really just... didn't. I couldn't even get through it. My issue wasn't really with the writing... the style has a rather warm, mature feel to it that is nice... and the plot is engaging. My issue is with the portrayal of the animals. They are far too human in their thoughts and actions. What kind of a name f ...more
Lucille Bellucci
It was a huge treat, a feast of words woven together magically throughout. In the beginning, only one of the three golden kittens, Odin, Leonora, and Isis, are supposed to be the Golden Cat, savior of the world, but then it is revealed that the three form the whole, a Trinity in more than a subtle reference to Christian beliefs. Simply marvelous writing.
A
Jan 28, 2009 A rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Follow up book to The Wild road. The writing style of the author has changed from the first, and therefore I did not like this one. The three separate adventures of Tag and Leonora Whitsand Merril, Ragnar and Pertelot, Sealink, and a new mysterious character; which converge at the end. Provides another, final conclusion to The Wild road.
Sharon
Dec 14, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: folklore-fantasy
Quite entertaining - better than the first one.
Michelle
May 27, 2013 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really wanted to like this. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and say maybe it would have been better had I read book one first (and maybe they should write that this is book #2 in the front of the book somewhere...). However, I found it really boring and hard to follow.
Michele Brenton
Can't remember how I ended up reading this book - I think it might have been in a bargain bucket somewhere. Memorable, exciting and unusual. It isn't often I find a book to surprise me but this one did. I must get hold of the first of the pair and read that too.
Leon RE
Apr 23, 2013 Leon RE rated it really liked it
Pretty wicked storyline, interesting characters, and lots of adventure. Nice atmosphere ranging from seaside town to swamp to aquarium. Enjoyed the prose. However, like The Wild Road, for some reason found a little difficult to get through.
kat
Not as spectacularly wonderful as The Wild Road, but still completely charming.
Soubhi
I found the language and tone disruptive to the story. I wanted to like this more than I did, mostly because Watership Down is one of my very favorite books. This one didn't come close for me.
Mckinley
Jan 30, 2014 Mckinley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, abandoned, novel, cat
Couldn't get into it. Started with this one instead of the first in the series, maybe that's the issue?
A.M.
Mar 28, 2009 A.M. added it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, animals
I read this ages ago, so can't really remember what I thought of it!
Sparky Lurkdragon
Jun 23, 2012 Sparky Lurkdragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: xenofiction
Not as good as The Wild Road, but a nice read nonetheless.
Michael
Wonderful follow up to The Wild Road.
Kim
Sep 26, 2011 Kim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
2nd in series from Dail
Misty
Jul 22, 2012 Misty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favorite book ever
Debra
Aug 13, 2009 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good blend of Sci Fi, fantasy and reality. Cat lovers especially will enjoy this tale. Not altogether pleasant at times but suitable for older teens. This book deals with animal cruelty as told by the cats.
ujgy
ujgy marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brianna Beveridge
Brianna Beveridge marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Victoria Blue
Victoria Blue marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Israel
Israel rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
John P
John P marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Judth Boone
Judth Boone marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Larisa
Larisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Sarah Coisman
Sarah Coisman rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Dallas
Dallas marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Kit123
Kit123 rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Tailchaser's Song
  • Catfantastic
  • Journeys to the Heartland (The Wolves of Time, #1)
  • Exiles' Return (Ghatti's Tale, #3)
  • Midnight's Sun
  • Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
  • To Visit the Queen (Cats of Grand Central, #2)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
  • The Cold Moons
  • The Outlaw Varjak Paw
  • The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West (Heavenly Horse, #1)
  • The Bachelor's Cat
  • The Fox Cub Bold (Farthing Wood, #4)

Tag, the Cat (2 books)
  • The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)