Start by marking “Ritual & Legacy (Vampire Beach, #3-4)” as Want to Read:
Ritual & Legacy (Vampire Beach, #3-4)

Ritual & Legacy (Vampire Beach #3-4)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  756 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Jason's life in Malibu is looking up, especially now Sienna, the most beautiful girl in town, seems to be interested in him. Jason is learning to live with Sienna's dark secret—that she and her friends are vampires—but is she more trouble than she's worth?
Published 2008 by Red Fox (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Ritual & Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ritual & Legacy

Emma (BelleBooks)
May 02, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it liked it
This is the second bind up in the Vampire Beach series, with books 3 and 4 in it.

I did not really enjoy the first two books in the series, but since I had bought the lot I went ahead and gave this one a shot.

I have to say these two books where miles better than the first two, much more character development and I even began to like Jason in these two books!

Again, it is pretty much a typical "The Hills meets Vampires" type of story line, but at this stage I'm beginning to like it.

Sienna reminds m
Jacqueline King
Ritual develops the characters a little more. Jason Freeman, still madly in love with It Girl Sienna, is wounded on the beach by an arrow and left for dead. In true hero gets the girl style, Jason's battle scar turns Sienna on and it appears her relationship with fellow vampire Brad may be on the rocks.

These books are highly ridiculous. They're a Jackie Collins novel with a PG rating. The only thing that makes them readable is the fact they actually have a story line. The crossbow killer has a
May 19, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
This book incudes the third & fourth installments in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval, although it is still the same size as an average book. The story continues to be told from 17 year old Jason's perspective which gives this series an interesting twist however I don't find that the characters are as well fleshed out as they could be.

I don't want to give too much away about the plot but Jason & Sienna finally manage to work out their issues & become a couple but the trouble d
Josephine
Feb 02, 2016 Josephine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Alright heres the thing when I read these I was out of things to read and they were on sale for $3.99 and it wasn't worth it cause they were GARBAGE (do not read) I am ashamed to say that I have read these books
Tracey
Apr 16, 2013 Tracey rated it really liked it
The 3rd and 4th books in the Vampire beach series are merged into this double book. I found that the storyline came together much better in these compared to the first two and I found myself enjoying these much more. Lots of twists and drama are thrown into the storyline to make this hard to put down. I love how the humans and vampires happily live together in a beach town without wanting or needing to kill one another. It's quite different yet extrememly interesting. Even though these are a qui ...more
Bookaholiclover
May 30, 2011 Bookaholiclover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampire Beach 2

As usual I just loved it. Just loved Jason and Sienna together and all the adventures and mysteries that were in the book. I loved it so much.

Wonder if there's another book? You know.

Anyways I loved it a lot and I couldn't stop reading not until I was actually done with the book itself, which made me really happy at the end, because finally Sienna's parents don't have to yap around while there both together you know.

"Love makes you do stupid things, but in the end you don't know t
Nov 14, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008-reads
Vampire Beach is Vampire Lite, with bloodsuckers who are - by and large - so barely there you don't even notice them harshing the 90210 vibe of the series. And this is largely just high school drama with a soupcon of the supernatural, kept moderately hip through setting and the antics of a cinema freak sidekick who name-drops on demand. Inoffensive, fun stuff, fast-paced, and strongly reminiscent of R.L. Stine back in the day. (Review stands for first four in series, bound here in two volumes: ...more
Ash
Sep 13, 2011 Ash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aunt Bee is nosy. Haha. Here we go. Well, AMAZING!!!!! Both books in volume 2 (Ritual and Legacy) were filled with twice as much drama and twist as the first two! That obviously made it more awesome. Its sad that volume 3 is no longer in print, but lucky me I have an amazing bookstore by me who could order a used copy and I can NOT wait to read it to see what happens to everyone! Ecspecially, Jason, Sieanna, and Dani. Volume 2 is more AMAZING then volume 1. Both volumes are pretty awesome, but r ...more
Lisa
Aug 14, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ya, paranormal
Another two installments in the Vampire Beach series.

Ritual: Jason is still torn between his feelings for Sienna and his friendship with Brad, but matters finally resolve themselves and he rescues Sienna from a hunter.

Legacy: Sienna's parents are none too happy that Sienna is seeing Jason and put an end to their relationship. Worried that more hunters are tracking the De Vere Heights vampires, Adam makes a discovery on line while Aunt Bianca makes Jason an offer that seems too good to be true.
Abigail Carter
Feb 25, 2016 Abigail Carter rated it really liked it
(3.8 stars)
Danielle
Apr 16, 2012 Danielle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Well, if you were looking for a good read that will keep you intrigued this is not the book. This book seemed to drag a lot and make me say "dear lord what now." I couldn't help but in the end dislike the book. It was slow, and just so ridiculous. It took me way too long to read it and it didn't make me feel in any way good. And I heard through the grapevine that there are two more books? Well I can't promise I'll read them because I might die before they're through. What a disappointment.
Harriet
Aug 12, 2010 Harriet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second omnibus of Alex Duval's Vampire Beach novels. I feel everything starts to come into place in this book and works well. The thing I love about these books is te fact that the characters do what you want them to do but they also do it in a way that seems within reason (whilst you're in the middle of Malibu with a tonne of vampires taking over the place) Its great, and a fantastic sequel to Bloodlust and Initiation.
Heather
Feb 21, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read this, since my Mother gave it to me. USUALLY I won't read the 2nd book in a series, since it's kinda backwards to do so. But it was there & I am in between books & needed to clear my brain, before beginning the next one. It was a quick read, & not that bad. I think I need to read the first one, to fully grasp it tho. *Hint bringing this to the beach, bring another book --if you read fast, like I do.
Sandy Smith
Nov 09, 2011 Sandy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I couldn't put it down, read it all in 1 day. It takes up where book 1 & 2 leave off. High School kids, getting older getting into a bit more partying. What I liked the best about this series is that the Vampires got along great with the humans. They didn't feed off their friends, their feedings were done at other times and really were not even mentioned. Great teen book!
Kate
Mar 21, 2009 Kate added it
Finally, Sienna and Jason hooked up!
I was loving the twist with his aunt Bianca.
Really enjoyed the books, nothing in particualy stood out.
I have the full intention of buying Hunted and High Stakes as soon as I get around to compiling a list of what books to buy instead of buying as soon as one catches my eye (the books aren't in my local book store, so I have to hunt them down)
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
LOVED IT! it was really good. obviously i don't like them as much as the first two or the last two coz it doesn't have zach in them as much but the parts he is in are like totally wickedness! it was sooo sad in legacy with jason and sienna.:(
Natasha Fenwick
Apr 15, 2012 Natasha Fenwick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: fantasy
This is an amazing series. It one of those series where you can read over and over again and not get bored. You are able to imagine the characters and locations, with the details you are given. I hope Alex Duval writes more series. :)
Denice
It's good but I did not see any BOOM scene there... I was looking for a very heart pounding scene but it's not there I guess... Anyway, it's still good... And the models don't look like Jason or Sienna...
Panda
Feb 07, 2010 Panda rated it it was ok
Shelves: have-it-at-home
I'm finding this one really hard to read i dont know if it's just me or if theres really alot of pointless banter going on, like 3 pages of sufing, 4 pages of swiming....bah wheres the juice??
Luke
Feb 26, 2013 Luke rated it really liked it
This is the second volume in the Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval. The third and fourth book—Ritual and Legacy—is included.

Full review to come.

Overall, this was awesome!
Bec
May 09, 2009 Bec rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read the third and forth book first yet he explained it so well i didnt pick up on it untill half way through
very well written yet a want really that in to it
Jenna
Apr 20, 2014 Jenna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A decent enough book worth a read. The plot is simple but the characters are likeable. Not a ground-breaking novel but good for a few hours of entertainment.
Erin
Mar 25, 2010 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute series for anyone who was a fan of "The Lost Boys"...vampires at a beach town...how can you go wrong? ;)
Amanda
This was an interesting series. I found that it was like the O.C with vampires. A good read.
Caitlin
Oct 03, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such an easy read...these books are highly entertaining and very well written!!!
Emily
Mar 13, 2009 Emily rated it liked it
this better be good coz im getting it tomorrow !
someone write a review on this !
Emma_Rose
Jun 28, 2010 Emma_Rose rated it really liked it
i love these books, the series is very good, i do think the end quite abruptly however.
Vcmauroy
Sep 18, 2009 Vcmauroy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is really good. Vampire fans should read it!
Deborah
Typical love for a Vampire and the choice to turn.
Allison
Different from other vampire stories, its an okay series
  • How to Date a Vampire
  • Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2)
  • PhD: Phantasy Degree Vol. 3
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • Secret Lives (Darke Academy, #1)
  • The Last Vampire: Red Dice & Phantom (The Last Vampire #3-4)
  • Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse (Barry Trotter, #3)
  • Original Sin (The Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Lily Quench and the Black Mountains (Lily Quench, #2)
  • Air (Akasha, #2)
  • Cast  a Bright Shadow (Lionwolf Trilogy, #1)
  • Predator Girl
  • Forget Me Not
  • Persistence of Memory / Token of Darkness (Den of Shadows, #5-6)
  • The One-Armed Queen (Great Alta, #3)
  • How to Be a Vampire: A Fangs-On Guide for the Newly Undead
  • This Year's Model
  • Wolverine and Jubilee: Curse of the Mutants
Alex Duval is a pseudonym for two seasoned YA writers.
More about Alex Duval...

Vampire Beach (6 books)
  • Bloodlust (Vampire Beach, #1)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • High Stakes (Vampire Beach, #5)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)