Start by marking “Homeless (Vet Volunteers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Homeless

Laurie Halse Anderson

Homeless (Vet Volunteers #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  438 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Sunita has always wanted a cat, but her parents are dead set against it. Then she finds a group of strays living in the wild, and knows she can domesticate them--even though she's been told that these are feral cats, who see humans as their enemies. First, she convinces Dr. Mac to examine the cats, fix them, and give them shots. Then she wants to re-release the cats, now h ...more
Published (first published January 2000)

Viviennegloria
10-11 kacie
sunita is a very cat loveing person. so whent out to the rescue clinct and got a voeering teerie job to help dr.mac. she became very close to socrates the clinic's pet animal. she took him home one day and there was another cat at the house and socrates became violent and starting attcting the other cat. after the fight they both ran away and sunita became very worriod that something had happened to him and the other cat (she was pregant) so they were even more worried. when they were looking fo ...more
Beverly
Cats

It is always important to educate yourself on the species or pet you are planning to add to your home and family. Keeping your new member clean,fed,and healthy is very important. A pet can teach responsibility as well as love and compassion.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Aug 16, 2014 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as bookcrossed
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kelli
My kids (age 6 and 4) love to hear me read this series out loud. They love the animals and the kids but their favorite is hearing about the vet procedures and the other medical descriptions!
Arjuna G
The kid loved this one, as I knew he would. Cats, creative solutions to tough problems, and good friends.
Maggiemyre
Great book for kids that love animals, especially cats.
Wynter
This is a cute kids book. It could've had more detail, but the book itself was probably meant to be short and to the point. Is is a quick feel good book to read.
Books Kids Like
When Dr. Mac's cat, Socrates, runs away, the volunteers find a lot of feral cats inhabiting an abandoned boxcar. When Sunita sets out to find the cats good homes,she must overcome many obstacles not the least of which is her mother's fear of cats. Formulaic and predictable, but still a nice quick book to while away a few hours.
Suzanne
Same stories in Anderson's Vet Volunteers series. All these stories are so much better than the run-of-the-mill cute animal chapter books out there. They are just as enjoyable for their readers, much more informative, and address current issues. I am using them to help animal organizations plan programs for kids in grades 3-5.
Shanell
Cats love Sunita Patel, and she loves them back. Since her mother won't let he have a cat of her own, finding a feral cat colony is a dream come true. But Animal Control is going to destroy all of the cats unless Sunita does something drastic.
stargazer fey
Again another beautiful story i read as a young reader (5th grade). I loved this one more then the 1st one because i found this one more sad. I hate seeing homeless pets. They dont deserve it. Plus i like kitty's...hehe.
Adelinep
This is a very good book about a few friends who try to save a group of homeless cats. If they do not there will be serious consequences. I love this book because I want to be a vet and I love cats.
Naiya
this book is sad and it is a really big adventure for sunita... she loves cats and cats love her back .... you should read this book for further information
Anisia
Jul 29, 2008 Anisia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
i love this book 'cuz its 'bout cats and how they get "saved" for anyone who wanted to read it, well it was at the book fair at corte sierra
Ilana
A fun, educational, intriguing book series that helps young kids interested in animals learn a bit more about their furry friends.
Rivkah.
I like how the writer addresses the cat issues in this country. When it comes to rescue stories, so many people just skip over the cats!
Katelyn 11-12
This book is another one of my great books! I would spare time i my day to read this, it had great words and the love never stopped.
Anika
I enjoyed this book, and i like how it was about cats. This series is a short chapter book that i find interesting and a good story.
Kendra
Oct 03, 2008 Kendra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
this book was amazing, i could never put it down. it was great, and is perfect for any animal lover.
Kelly
I guess it was a pretty good book, if reactions are an indicator for that.
Grace
This book was really good b/c it was about cats, and cats are my favorite animals.
Maddy
I'm on Page 46 in the book Vet Volunteers I was on page 36 but I Read 36-46 (10) Pages
Caroline C.
this one was better then the first i think it was ok a real good quick read.
Cade
I never knew that many cats could be in one place at a time!
Erika
sad but for all animal lovers, along with the whole series
Jessica
Mar 07, 2015 Jessica rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jessica by: me
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Jessica
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! ALL ABOUT CATS... FERAL CATS BEING SAVED
Jim
an intelligent and interesting story about feral cats.
  • Bravo, Mia! (American Girl of the Year)
  • Marisol (American Girl Today)
  • Mare in the Meadow (Animal Ark, #31)
  • Bad Apple (Merits of Mischief #1)
  • Jess (American Girl Today)
  • Just Josefina
  • Nicki
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
  • The New Prophecy Box Set (Books 1-6)
  • The Ghostwriter Secret (Brixton Brothers #2)
  • Kirsten and the New Girl
  • ER Vets: Life in an Animal Emergency Room
  • The Light in the Cellar: A Molly Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Rescue Josh Mcguire

Ask box is open, my friends! What do you want to know?

UPDATE!

Laurie's newest YA novel, THE IMPOSSIBLE KNIFE OF MEMORY, is Amazon's July YA Book Club pic! Join us in talking about the chills and thrills in the story!

Laurie Halse Anderson is the New York Times-bestselling author who writes for kids of all ages. Known for tackling tough subjects with humor and sensitivity, her work has earned numerou
More about Laurie Halse Anderson...

Vet Volunteers (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Fight for Life (Vet Volunteers, #1)
  • Trickster (Wild at Heart, #3)
  • Manatee Blues (Wild at Heart, #4)
  • Say Good-Bye (Wild at Heart, #5)
  • Storm Rescue (Wild at Heart, #6)
  • Teacher's Pet (Wild at Heart, #7)
  • Trapped (Wild at Heart, #8)
  • Fear of Falling (Wild at Heart, #9)
  • Time to Fly (Wild at Heart, #10)
  • Masks (Wild at Heart, #11)
Speak Wintergirls Fever 1793 Twisted Chains (Seeds of America, #1)