Start by marking “The Adventures of Snip in Oregon” as Want to Read:
The Adventures of Snip in Oregon

The Adventures of Snip in Oregon

The Adventures of Snip in Oregon recounts the tale of a lovable shaggy dog as he wanders into the hearts of the Moir Family and their daily lives in the peaceful countryside. Betty S. Moir paints a colorful portrait of "home life" in the Northwest during the 70's in these first five chapters introducing Snip.
Published December 29th 2008 by BookSurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Adventures of Snip in Oregon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adventures of Snip in Oregon

T.C.
Jan 28, 2014 T.C. rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
Review for The Bookshelf Reviews (bookshelfreviews.blogspot.com)

This pooch is just dog-gone talkative, he is!

Betty S. Moir creatively and adorably tells the numerous tales of the Moir family pet, Snip, including the regular table meals and comfy belly rubs. Each short story tells of another adventure Snip is involved in, including helping rescue one of the family's children, ridding the farm of a pesky raccoon, and critiquing one of the kids' driving. Yes, Moir even gives Snip a voice, and my! d
Linda B
Jun 21, 2009 Linda B rated it it was amazing
The Adventures of Snip in Oregon is an adorable book about life in the country from the eyes of a dog and his family. As a dog owner myself, I am not the least bit surprised that Snip thought it was his job to help a youngster learn to drive, or that he was not about to share his dinner with the local raccoon. I am, however, happy to know that I am not the only one who takes their dog out for an ice cream cone! These are just a few of the stories shared with the reader about Jim, Jr., Heather, ...more
Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)
This was a very cute story about a family's love for this one-of-a-kind dog - and the love he obviously had for his new 'adopted' family. The Moir's came about to be Snip's owners when the family who he had been living with relocated to Guam and could not take him along. Snip has many adventures with his new family. It contains many examples of family life, friendship and bonding that one can have with a pet.

The book is written as if Snip is really a human, which, of course, many dogs think they
Bridget
Jun 26, 2009 Bridget rated it it was amazing
This is a family story and the adventures they have together with their dog Snip. He has a couple face off's with different animals. One of which is a skunk, so you can imagine how that went. Snip helps teach John to drive and even enters some competitions. You can tell right off that Snip is not a pet, he is a member of the family.

I read this story to my nephew, Damien, who will be 2 in October and being a dog lover, I felt confident he would enjoy it. Even at his young age he shares the same p
Teddy
Jul 04, 2010 Teddy rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
When I was invited to receive this children's book for review, I thought to myself, "I love dogs and Oregon is one of my favorite places in the United State, so why not." I accepted.

I started to read this book a few months ago but just couldn't get into it at the time. I know it's only 42 pages for ages 9-12 but something was holding me back from finishing it. Maybe it was just the mood I was in at the time.

I picked it up again yesterday, bound and determined to read it through. It is about.. re
Sandra Stiles
Mar 28, 2010 Sandra Stiles rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I just finished reading The Adventures of Snip in Oregon, the cutest book by Betty S. Moir. It was the first book I had received from Bostick Communications to review. This is the story of a dog, Snip, who is adopted by a loving family. Most of the story is told from the mother's point of view with Snip joining in on the conversation. "He" explains what it is like, and how much fun it is living and helping out on the farm. He makes it very clear that his humans can't get along without him. ...more
VegasGal
Sep 20, 2009 VegasGal rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2009
This children's story is quite a cute, feel-good, family tale into the life of the fuzzy dog, Snip. His adventures are described well making it an overall great book for children, especially those who love animals.
The illustrations are mostly good but are a little rough looking and tend to appear to be done by a child, which I don't think was the intention of the illustrator. The author has also included real family photos which give it an extra personal touch making the book even more precious
Renee
Jul 22, 2009 Renee rated it it was ok
The Adventures of Snip in Oregon is a short book of only 42 pages but each has a good deal of small print text. While the storyline seems most appropriate for ages 4-9, the writing seems to be of a higher level. The illustrations are a mix of 1970s photographs and simple watercolors. Maybe it's because I'm not a dog person or maybe because my children are older (my 'baby' is 9 years old)) but I just didn't "get" this book. But after reading reviews on Amazon, I am certainly in the minority.
Shannon McGee
Feb 04, 2010 Shannon McGee rated it liked it
The Moir family just moved back to the states after living over seas. They get a dog, Snip, who is loving, fluffy and vocal. He likes helping with the kids chores, riding in the car and protecting the family from curious vermin.

Although the story is a little wordy, reading about Snip ordering around ("helping") the children with their chores on the farm is endearing.
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2009
Angelc
Angelc marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2009
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2009
Sharyla
Sharyla marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2009