Start by marking “Introduction to Psychology” as Want to Read:
Introduction to Psychology

Introduction to Psychology

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
INTERNATIONAL EDITION SAME AS U S PAGE FOR PAGE GUARANTEE OR YOUR MONEY BACK SAVE MONEY ON YOUR BOOKS TODAY!
Published April 12th 2007 by Wadsworth Publishing (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Introduction to Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introduction to Psychology

Cinphne
Aug 01, 2014 Cinphne rated it it was amazing
We used 10th edition of this book as textbook. It gives a general tour and introduction on all psychology areas.
Ian McGaffey
Dec 21, 2015 Ian McGaffey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For an introductory book on psychology I thought this eas a great text to read for class. No topic was too difficult and the coverage seemed pretty complete. Kalat looks at a broad spectrum of psychological topic and also is able to piece together a history of psychology as a science.
Maren
Jan 03, 2014 Maren rated it really liked it
Other than Kalat's obvious prejudice against religion in general, I really enjoyed this text. It was humorous, well-written and definitely memorable. I actually read the 8th edition and expect the 9th is even better.
N Rula
Aug 23, 2013 N Rula rated it really liked it
If I were to ever teach a psychology class, I would probably use Kalat's textbook as a supplement to my course. He explains concepts in a way that is easy to understand and presents a good number of "Try-It-Yourself" activities to help students remember the important stuff.
Chris
Jan 06, 2010 Chris rated it it was amazing
Fantastic textbook. Everything is stated very clearly, with concise, practical examples. I did not test the online elements, but the exercises in the chapters to help the reader understand important concepts are a brilliant touch.
Wendy
Aug 27, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
I AM DONE WITH THIS ONE!!!!!! It wasn't the most borning textbook I have ever read and was pretty easy to understand. I am just glad that I only have to study before it's time to take the final!
Chris Gager
Nov 29, 2011 Chris Gager rated it liked it
Just looking for a representative textbook... I took an intro course at Metro State in 71-72. Again at CU in the fall of 1972. Date is approximate.
Jun 01, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is the first Psych book I've ever read back from Psychology 100. And it's still my most frequently consulted reference.
Christina
Apr 18, 2007 Christina rated it liked it
I've spent so much time and energy trying to get people to use this book, I figured I should actually read it.
Molly
Jul 22, 2008 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although it's for a class, I'm truly enjoying Kalat's frank, amusing writing style. It's refreshing!
Aberkah
this is a very interesting book for those interested in knowing what is going on in their system
melanie
Dec 27, 2012 melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this for my psychology course. Enjoyed that he seems skeptical
Aloysius
PSY101!
abbie
abbie rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Bill Holt
Bill Holt marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
HILOLA
HILOLA added it
Apr 16, 2016
Francis Mwangi
Francis Mwangi marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Jema Schunke
Jema Schunke marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Paul Sonkin
Paul Sonkin rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Ashlee Thierry
Ashlee Thierry rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Lilly
Lilly marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Sarah Libby
Sarah Libby marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Hannah Sanderson
Hannah Sanderson marked it as to-read
Ella Langdon
Ella Langdon is currently reading it
Joan Watson
Joan Watson marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Close Friends
  • A Man's Life: Dispatches from Dangerous Places
  • Astronomy Today
  • John Paul Jones: A Sailor's Biography
  • Reader's Digest Book of Facts: Essential and Intriguing Information About This Odd World Around Us
  • All the Laws but One: Civil Liberties in Wartime
  • The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling: Build the Strength, Skills, and Confidence to Ride as Far as You Want
  • People of the Earth: An Introduction to World Prehistory
  • Elementary Statistics
  • US Army Survival Manual
  • Magickal Mystical Creatures: Invite Their Powers Into Your Life
  • The Collapsing Universe

“Does psychiatrists’ ability to prescribe drugs give them an advantage over psychologists in places where psychologists cannot prescribe them? Not always. Drugs can be useful, but relying entirely on them can be a mistake. Whereas a typical visit to a clinical psychologist includes an extensive discussion of the issues troubling the client, many visits to a psychiatrist are briefer sessions that focus on checking the effectiveness of a drug and evaluating its side effects.” 3 likes