Start by marking “Introduction to Psychology” as Want to Read:
Introduction to Psychology

Introduction to Psychology

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  12 reviews
INTERNATIONAL EDITION SAME AS U S PAGE FOR PAGE GUARANTEE OR YOUR MONEY BACK SAVE MONEY ON YOUR BOOKS TODAY!
Published April 12th 2007 by Wadsworth Publishing (first published January 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Introduction to Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introduction to Psychology

Cinphne
We used 10th edition of this book as textbook. It gives a general tour and introduction on all psychology areas.
Maren
Other than Kalat's obvious prejudice against religion in general, I really enjoyed this text. It was humorous, well-written and definitely memorable. I actually read the 8th edition and expect the 9th is even better.
N Rula
If I were to ever teach a psychology class, I would probably use Kalat's textbook as a supplement to my course. He explains concepts in a way that is easy to understand and presents a good number of "Try-It-Yourself" activities to help students remember the important stuff.
Chris
Fantastic textbook. Everything is stated very clearly, with concise, practical examples. I did not test the online elements, but the exercises in the chapters to help the reader understand important concepts are a brilliant touch.
Wendy
I AM DONE WITH THIS ONE!!!!!! It wasn't the most borning textbook I have ever read and was pretty easy to understand. I am just glad that I only have to study before it's time to take the final!
Chris Gager
Just looking for a representative textbook... I took an intro course at Metro State in 71-72. Again at CU in the fall of 1972. Date is approximate.
This is the first Psych book I've ever read back from Psychology 100. And it's still my most frequently consulted reference.
Christina
I've spent so much time and energy trying to get people to use this book, I figured I should actually read it.
Molly
Although it's for a class, I'm truly enjoying Kalat's frank, amusing writing style. It's refreshing!
Aberkah
this is a very interesting book for those interested in knowing what is going on in their system
melanie
Enjoyed reading this for my psychology course. Enjoyed that he seems skeptical
Aloysius
PSY101!
Hannah Palmes
Hannah Palmes marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Tricia Angela
Tricia Angela is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2015
Daniela Duarte
Daniela Duarte marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Nhel Wu
Nhel Wu marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Katie
Katie added it
Jun 16, 2015
Syeveb
Syeveb marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Rodalyn
Rodalyn marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Rodalyn
Rodalyn marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Flora
Flora marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Patrice Enriquez
Patrice Enriquez marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Komal Bhalge
Komal Bhalge marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
  • Learning PHP 5
  • A Man's Life: Dispatches from Dangerous Places
  • Linux Administration Handbook
  • Astronomy Today
  • Reader's Digest Book of Facts: Essential and Intriguing Information About This Odd World Around Us
  • John Paul Jones: A Sailor's Biography
  • Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair
  • The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling: Build the Strength, Skills, and Confidence to Ride as Far as You Want
  • Elementary Statistics
  • People of the Earth: An Introduction to World Prehistory
  • Magickal Mystical Creatures: Invite Their Powers Into Your Life
  • Psychology: Themes and Variations
  • Head First SQL: Your Brain on SQL -- A Learner's Guide
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • On the Grid: A Plot of Land, an Average Neighborhood, and the Systems That Make Our World Work
Biological Psychology Study Guide for Kalat's Biological Psychology Emotion Introduction to Psychology and Applied Psychology Foundations Of Experimental Psychology

“Does psychiatrists’ ability to prescribe drugs give them an advantage over psychologists in places where psychologists cannot prescribe them? Not always. Drugs can be useful, but relying entirely on them can be a mistake. Whereas a typical visit to a clinical psychologist includes an extensive discussion of the issues troubling the client, many visits to a psychiatrist are briefer sessions that focus on checking the effectiveness of a drug and evaluating its side effects.” 3 likes