Start by marking “It's A 50/50 Thing” as Want to Read:
It's A 50/50 Thing

It's A 50/50 Thing

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  292 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Starting over again in a new town is hard enough, but with her Dad gone, her Mum on the verge of a breakdown & a kid sister to look after, Kally's life is suddenly full of secrets. When the gorgeous Jem skates into Kally's life, things finally seem to be going right. But as they grow closer, Kally realises she's not the only one with secrets.
Unknown Binding, 249 pages
Published January 17th 2008 by Not Avail

To ask other readers questions about It's A 50/50 Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's A 50/50 Thing

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerI'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Best Teen Girl Books
409th out of 1,333 books — 2,068 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingDivergent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Unforgettable YA Books
122nd out of 160 books — 48 voters

More lists with this book...

Chris Higgins is a new author to me and as soon as I brought the book and sat down I could't put it down one!! I finished the book in one day! The plot of the book is fantastic and my favourite character is Kally as she is just like my BFF Eliza!!! I would definitely reccomend this book and Chris is now one of my fav authors!! Go and read this book you won't regret it!!!
I thought this book was amazing! it was really interesting and could never stop reading it!!! I ended up finishing the whole book in two days flat and I only read at night!! I think Chris Higgins should make another book carrying on kallys life, show us if she ever sees Jem again, show us what happened to her dad. but it does need to be interesting because it will be hard making u a good story from where it was left. The thing is, I hate cliff-hangers because a always want to know what is happen ...more
Ψιτ κοιτα
One of my favorites I truly enjoyed it it was quick I never get bored and I would really
Like to forget it so I could reread it:$
Oct 17, 2015 Pujita added it
It was really a good book.....the first three chapters rather we're boring but as the book went on it became very interesting and there was the end there was a sudden twist that was not excepted at all.....over all I would like to say that this is a good book especially for teenagers......I recommend everyone to read it. Will read more books of this author...:)!!
i rate this book 4. this book was not really intresting but in some chapters it was. kally has started a new school. her dad not around any more. until when this boy skates into her life, she begibs to settle in. but things get out of contol, she does seem to handle her boyfriend properly, she realizes that jems is not only a good boy but a bad boy aswell. he can pick up your sister from school. flert around with her teacher. but when kally realizes its time to break up, things kind of ggetts so ...more
Kate Robinson
As in my pervious review of her second book with Jem in it, I throughly enjoyed Hes after me. So I decided to read the first discovery of the character Jem in 'its a 50/50 thing' as I found 'hes after me' so good, but I was disappointed, yes the characters were well placed and Jem was still the same controlling but sweet intense boy but sadly it felt very much the same, there were obvious plot similarities so much so as both books had an adoring little sister, and disfunctional families, I found ...more
it was a nice book and I liked it but sometimes its was getting kinda boring. I liked the fact that some parts of it where slightly dark and mysterious and I quite enjoyed the whole too obsessed boyfriend thing.
Losana Tupou
This book was captured with different kind of emotions that took place in the story.
A twisted story but not too bad.
♥ AnisLaRateDeBibliothèque ツ ♥
I'd give this book 4 stars out of 5. It is a quite excellent book from Higgins.
The main character of this novel is Kathryn (Kally). She's quite an interesting character. She's got a quite good quality in the terms of manners, activeness etc. (Have I quite overused the word, "quite"?) Anyway, I find Jem a much more interesting character. He's got like two sides of him. The revengeful, mischievious Jem AND the caring, loyal Jem. A good novel for early-or-not teenagers. 13-14 year-olds may enjoy i
I really liked this book at the beginning, but as the story progressed it started to get weirder. I loved Jem at the beginning, but he started to change. I didn't like him at all in the end. This author has an interesting writing style, it seems like e chicklit book, but then there is always an underlying theme of something. There are always multiple problems going on. It seems like they neer end. Just be prepared for the book to not be what you expected.
I decided to read this book because the blurb was interesting and the cover picture was also attractive and pretty. My favorite part of this book was when Kally finally found out that Jem wasn't as good as she thought he is. I didn't really like the characters of this book because none of them had a good personality. The story wasn't very good and it also didn't have a good ending.
I have read four Chris Higgins books so far (Pride and Penalties, 32C That's Me, Perfect Ten and It's a 50/50 Thing) and this is the only one which I haven't given four stars to. Why? I found it predictable and I wasn't really shocked at the ending as I am with all other Chris Higgins books. Nevertheless I did still really enjoy the book.
This book, by the epic Chris Higgins, has some thriller characteristics. It's slightly predictable but not too predictable that it's an effort to turn the pages. It's descriptive & full of raw, understandable emotion you can empathize with. Hence why you do want to finish it, finding out what ending Chris Higgins has given Kally is important.
I really enjoyed this book. Found it to be a real page turner, especially towards the end. I liked the charachters. I hope that any teenager who reads this book would learn its not a good idea to let somebody else control you - especailly if you have any doubts, no matter how small.
Victoria Scott
I loved this book so much! Yes, Jem was a bit insane, but I think that was what made it interesting. I would love to read something from his point of view, to see why he did the things he did. I also loved how the story of Kally's dad was told - in flashbacks rather than all at once.
Sophie Cox
This is story about Kally and the changes that her family had to make and the relationship between her and her new boyfriend who isn't all he seems. This book is gripping and from the first page you want to find out what is going on and what will happen in the end.
I thought this book was good but the cover was a little childish. Do not be put off thought the story is epic and rather good. I really like Chris Higgins but am not 2 keen on her covers!!
Oct 17, 2012 Demi added it
Epic book, loved it. It was messed up and a bit psychotic, amazing
Jun 19, 2013 Amelia added it
Read this in 24 hours! Couldn't put it down!(:
Jul 30, 2015 Miri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Mya marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Eni Fakehinde
Eni Fakehinde marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
  • Just Jealous
  • In the Name of God
  • Tessa in Love
  • Star Crossed
  • Cherry Heaven
  • Life at the Shallow End (Electra Brown, #1)
  • Disconnected
  • The No-Nonsense Guide to World History
  • It's Not All About You, Calma!
  • Bang, Bang, You're Dead!
  • Falling
  • Out of Shadows
  • This is Not Forgiveness
  • Kisses for Lula
  • I Did A Bad Thing
  • Once in a House on Fire
  • Love and Kisses
  • Hit Squad (The Medusa Project, #6)