Start by marking “The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras” as Want to Read:
The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras

The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras

Chakras are the centers of energy in our body that profoundly affect our well-being. Through this exquisitely designed volume, newcomers to this alternative form of spirituality can understand every aspect of chakra power. In addition to an illuminating introduction, a detailed guide covers each chakra, with their associated colors, Indian deity, healing stone, and emotion ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Sterling (first published October 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Chakra Bible, please sign up.

George LaRonde I did the same thing and I ended up picking a book up called: "The Wheels of Life" by Judith Anodea! great book that gives you an in depth guide to…moreI did the same thing and I ended up picking a book up called: "The Wheels of Life" by Judith Anodea! great book that gives you an in depth guide to chakras but for stoners and people who really want to see it for what they are.. a way of life.. not a religion or anything of that sort(less)

Rachel
Feb 11, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This little book contains A LOT of information. It is a very good starting point for anyone wanting to get a feel for chakras (energies). The book has many different methods of getting in touch (clearing, awakening) your chakras. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone wanting to get information about the chakras.
Melissa
Apr 28, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
This was really very interesting. The book was very comprehensive and an easily read. The information was laid out really well. I especially enjoyed that not only were the main Chakras included, but also some of the lesser known, or newly discovered Chakra's.I do not own this book, but found it at the library, as such I read it in a different manner While I read this in one go, I think this would be much more useful as a reference book or guide. It is a book that you want to read slowly so that ...more
Rachel
Oct 23, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritualité
Le livre est bien dans son ensemble pour quelqu'un qui veut en savoir plus sur les chakras. J'en ai appris un peu plus de ce que je savais déjà à savoir la compréhension symbolique de chaque chakra, leurs fonctions sur le corps physique (donc pas seulement spirituel) et l'importance de ces énergies sur différents points de vue dans le monde.

J'ai trouvé intéressant l'aspect aromathérapie et lithothérapie mais ces chapitres ne sont pas assez développé à mon avis. J'aurais aimé plus d'informations
Lia (Lia's Bookish Obsession)
Jun 05, 2015 Lia (Lia's Bookish Obsession) rated it really liked it
I bought this book because my yogi would tell me to release my chakra and I really didn't understand what exactly they were asking me. My knowledge of Chakras came from way to many episodes of Naruto and I was sure the yogi was not asking me to walk on water despite the yoga positions felt like it was the same level of difficult. This book is great because it's well written well illustrated and well structed for even those who aren't very informed by the subject title.
grandMaR
Aug 14, 2016 grandMaR rated it really liked it
Shelves: continual, new-age
The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras (Paperback)

I use this book for summary reports following a tuning session: particularly the Main Characteristics At A Glance tables for each of the seven main chakra's.

Information in the book is written in easily understandable language for the novice in energy healing, such as I am. Charts are convenient for quick reference. Illustrations very good.

Introducing the subject, Mercier includes historic and explanatory information; good
Adrienne
Oct 30, 2013 Adrienne rated it really liked it
not read in full bc i don't think you can ever finish reading reference books.....some people have shelved this under medical, but for me it's more spiritual and by that i mean as a yogi i believe in 'something bigger', an 'energy' or 'life force' that is greater than us but i don't believe in any form of organised religion. Chakras are the energy within us, our own magnetic field if you like. This little book covers more or less everything, which means what ever your views on chakras (yogic, pa ...more
Odin Nightmair
Nov 20, 2015 Odin Nightmair rated it it was amazing
Good for a nice introduction to the chakra systems
Cloay
Jan 11, 2014 Cloay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, nlb-sg
- available in SG NLB 131 (GeylangEast, Bedok, Central)

Gaia
Aug 17, 2012 Gaia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chakras, yoga
This beautiful book is one of a series of a "bibles" with new age titles. Others include The Meditation Bible, The Crystal Bible, The Astrology bible, and The Tarot Bible. The Chakra Bible is very informative, well-written and quite interesting. Highly recommended!
Becki
Apr 13, 2008 Becki rated it really liked it
Ok this is a little out there for anyone who is leary of alternative medicine, but I have loved learning about energies and find it so facinating to learn about how other cultures and religions view the soul and healing.
Carole
Feb 09, 2012 Carole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre détails chaque des 7 chakras connus, plus ceux astral.
Et aussi le chakras du thymus juste au dessus de celui du coeur.
Très intéressant de voir les pierres associés, ainsi que les huiles essentielles.
Tanya
Dec 29, 2009 Tanya rated it really liked it
Very informative, just wish it had more remedial advice, such as with diabetes and those sorts of deseases (it does mention it sometimes, but it is hard to reference because they are not referenced really)
Shelley
Nov 11, 2013 Shelley rated it really liked it
Shelves: nutrition-health
super comprehensive way to find out about chakras and eastern medicine if you're interested in that route.
...history, emotions, colors, sounds, regions of body, etc. Definitely an all-in-one book.
Sarah Wilson
Jul 17, 2016 Sarah Wilson rated it liked it
Good if you want a lot of information in easy to swallow bits, but not if you're looking for great detail. A good book to keep for reference.
Ana
Apr 24, 2016 Ana rated it really liked it
It's a guide book an overview but lots of great information and cause for further exploration
Matt
Apr 27, 2011 Matt rated it really liked it
Very interesting and though provoking. I dig it and now am on a journey to balance my chakras
Bradley
Sep 08, 2013 Bradley rated it it was amazing
Very informative. I may have to get a copy for permanent collection. =)
Peter
Oct 31, 2009 Peter marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Good start to get to know yourself in an other way.
Crystal
Jul 01, 2011 Crystal rated it it was amazing
really informative book. i will be buying this
Mari Wells
So much wonderful information.
Loree
Oct 20, 2008 Loree rated it really liked it
good reference on Chakra's
Dawn Anderson
reading...
Pauline
Pauline rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2016
Med
Med marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Thibault Henry
Thibault Henry marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Ankita Chanda
Ankita Chanda marked it as to-read
Lee Ann
Lee Ann rated it it was amazing
Canndy
Canndy marked it as to-read
Rarityyy
Rarityyy marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
  • The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • The Crystal Bible 2
  • The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You
  • Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
  • Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies a Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies
  • The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils
  • Ascension Magick: Ritual, Myth & Healing for the New Aeon
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit Through the Chakras
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • Chakra Meditation: Discover Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom, and Spirit
  • Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem & Metal Magic
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Protection & Reversal Magick: A Witch's Defense Manual (Beyond 101)