Start by marking “Getting Organized: Improving Focus, Organization and Productivity” as Want to Read:
Getting Organized: Improving Focus, Organization and Productivity

Getting Organized: Improving Focus, Organization and Productivity

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Getting Organized is a collection of simple ideas that address at least six major issues that could be generating chaos and disorder in your life or the lives of your employees. Each idea is presented in a three-part format: the first section gives you information on the idea (What?), the second section tells you more about the idea and how it might affect you (So What?), ...more
Published September 30th 2004 by Dawson Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Getting Organized, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Organized

Stacie
This was an extremely quick read with bite-sized chapters, each topic just brushed over quickly. Much of it is intended to be applied in a work environment. The author breaks down his filing system method quite thoroughly. It may be useful for some, but as a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom I found that I organize many of the materials in his system in one of three places: a 1.5" binder, a calendar, and the Notes App on my phone.

In one of my favorite chapters he breaks down how to handle incoming
Pete
This book has some good new ideas, and a lot of old ideas being claimed as new. I would immagine it would work well if you had a filing cabinet at the side of your desk, but as I don't, half of this book was a waste for me. still, I wish I had this back in college or grad school. So overall a good book that is easy to read and follow... but which makes too many assumptions about the reader's workspace. 3/5 stars, maybe 3.5 .
Kynthia
I like the easy steps shown to help you get organized. My favorite part was how to organize folders and the tips on reading. Everything else did not pertain to my need. This a great book to help you in the parts you need help with. The rest is just interesting and can be moved past.
Judy
NYU Stern recommends this book for MBA candidates. It's really excellent! I would recommend it to anyone, regardless of how well organized they already are. It's a very quick read and easy to take or leave each suggestion. I'm going to try the alternative to a to do list.
Karla
I liked that this book was in small chapters to let me think about the ideas that were proposed. I liked the presentation of each point, what it meant and why it mattered. I liked that organization was more than just having a place to put things.
Carla
overall it had some handy tips and good advice. I wish somethings would have been looked at a bit deeper. not sure I got all I wanted out of it in terms of focus. quick read with some things ill be sharing with my office.
Christie
For an organizational book it was very disorganized. If you do not work in an office with file cabinets or if you work in the customer service industry most of these hints will not help you.
Taylor Baker
Pretty good

Pretty good

has good idea that would help one become more organized and is worth giving some of the options a try.
Calum Mcneish
I like how the book was presented, in very short chapters, each covering the different ideas making it easy to turn back to it as a point of reference.
Meka
There are some really useful practical ideas in this book, however there are some outdated ideas as well.
Rebekah
A reductivist version of GTD and a couple other systems. Probably a good start for beginners!
Josh Franklin
Boring and often irrelevant. Incredibly brief chapters lack any meat
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Ken Cameron-weiser
Ken Cameron-weiser marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Deloris Christensen
Deloris Christensen marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
olivia francis
olivia francis marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Ginelle
Ginelle marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Donald L Clendaniel
Donald L Clendaniel marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Lisa Martin
Lisa Martin marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Thomas McGlinchey
Thomas McGlinchey marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Edie Bruce
Edie Bruce marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
  • Buried in Treasures: Help for Compulsive Acquiring, Saving, and Hoarding
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • Success is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices Change Your Life
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions When It Counts
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • When Organizing Isn't Enough: Shed Your Stuff, Change Your Life
  • Get Organized! Your 12 Month Home Clutter Killer Guide: Organizing The House, Decluttering And How To Clean Your Home To Perfection (Gleam Guru)
  • The Personal Credibility Factor: How to Get It, Keep It, and Get It Back (If You've Lost It)
  • The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life
  • 31 Days To A Clean And Organized Home:  How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless
  • Minimalist Living: Decluttering for Joy, Health, and Creativity
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • Rapid Problem Solving With Post-it Notes
Getting More Done: 10 Steps for Outperforming Busy People Happiness: Simple Ideas to Help Create a Better Life Being Productive: Learning How to Get More Done With Less Effort The Contented Achiever: How to Get What You Want and Love What You Get Licking Your Elbow

“Go choose a partner right now.” 0 likes