Start by marking “Gothic Art Now” as Want to Read:
Gothic Art Now

Gothic Art Now

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  7 reviews
'Gothic Art Now' brings the very best in dark artwork into the light in one volume, gathering artists from across the globe and revealing their exciting and dynamic new imagery. It showcases the Gothic world in all its many and varied forms - from the conventional paint and pencil, to digital nightmares and abstract sculptures.
Published November 1st 2009 by Ilex (first published October 21st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Gothic Art Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gothic Art Now

Megan
There are a few nice pieces in this book, but on the whole it leans heavily towards the industrial and horror/grotesque aspects of modern Gothic art, which is not to my taste (I'm more interested in the historical & romantic aspects of the genre, which don't get much coverage here).

This is an interesting book, and Jasmine does a fine job on the commentary, but most of the art depicted herein strikes me as ugly and/or disturbing, so I really don't feel compelled to keep this work in my collec
Tedo Lake
I do like this book and the visual side of it is quite enticing although I do think that most of the images in the Book focus more on the Grotesque side of Gothic art as opposed to the many artistic forms used in Gothic art now.

All together it was a sort of escape for me from words as I took to studying the different images and then briefly skimmed the information before reading the book in full.
Elizabeth Reuter
Imagery is so important to get imagination flowing. Looking through Gothic Art Now, I felt ideas almost rushing at me each time I turned a page.

Gothic Art Now is a perfect intro to different kinds of gothic art, from romantic to grotesque, oil to sculpture to digital, with little blurbs by each image just scratching the surface of the artists' thoughts and techniques. Individually, a reader can see which genre grabs them in particular. Collected, these pages represents a wide variety of styles,
Karly
An amazing book with beautiful pictures. All the vibrant colors with dark shading was overall a very well executed book with astounding illustrations.
Marsha
This is an interesting collection of primarily not well known artists, which included medium, digital, photographic and sculptural works. There is short paragraphs about the pieces, some talking about the artists, their motivations, and their relationship with the modern "gothic art" genre. It gives artists' websites as well, for further inquiry.

It's a good collection and a good representation of the genre. I don't know if I would purchase it, but certainly it was worth the time to review.
Emma T.
Sombres, poétiques, effrayantes, dérangeantes... L'Art de la Fantasy Gothique est un recueil de peintures, sculptures et photographies inspirées de la culture gothique. Femmes désirables, hommes étranges ou encore visions enfantines distordues, c'est un réel régal pour les yeux et l'occasion de retrouver ou de découvrir des artistes plus que doués. La préface de Sire Cédric ne fait qu'ajouter du glamour à cet ouvrage, à posséder absolument.
Amber
This is a truly inspiring art book! I found some new favorite artists :)
Christine LaFauci
Christine LaFauci marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Rachel Wright
Rachel Wright marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Kata Durcovic
Kata Durcovic marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Kev
Kev marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Ghost
Ghost added it
Jul 30, 2014
Katory
Katory marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Gothsaku
Gothsaku marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
To be fair, I am more of a painter than I am a writer! I have written a couple of contemporary art history books, and collaborated on a lot of other art-related projects. Notably most of my books are those primarily featuring my acrylic paintings, or companion pieces to the popular Oracle Decks I've created with Lucy Cavendish. I live in Celebration, Florida with my husband/assistant Matt and our ...more
More about Jasmine Becket-Griffith...
Fairy: The Art of Jasmine Becket-Griffith Vampire Art Now Strangeling:  The Art of Jasmine Becket-Griffith Gothic Art Portfolio One