Start by marking “Effortless Style” as Want to Read:
Effortless Style

Effortless Style

So you probably won't be attending your own movie premiere or collecting a Grammy Award this year. That doesn't mean you can't "look" like you're ready for the red carpet and fawning paparazzi. In "Effortless Style," June Ambrose, the celebrity fashion stylist and designer who's shaped the looks of some of the biggest names in entertainment -- including Jay-Z, Missy ...more
Published September 26th 2006 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Effortless Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Effortless Style

Leena
Feb 12, 2015 Leena rated it liked it
I collect style books - I don't know why, probably because I want to see how many times it is possible to say, "If you have a pear-shaped body, wear an A-line skirt". Well, what if you are a raspberry, like some comedian said? That's why I'm also writing my own style guide called "Life is Too Short For Neutral Colors" where must-have items will be like red leather jackets and advice for work will only consist of pictures of scrubs and uniforms because every single style guide always and forever ...more
Becky Long
Apr 19, 2015 Becky Long rated it it was ok
It is useful as a basic style book, but if you are looking for anything revolutionary, look elsewhere. The book is preoccupied with celebrity style - not too surprising since the author is a celebrity stylist - and comes off as more of an opportunity for name-dropping rather than an opportunity to help the rest of us develop our own unique look. That said, if you look to celebrities for your style inspiration, this book may well prove invaluable to you.
Heather
Apr 05, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok
Shelves: paper
I haven't read that many style books but even so there was nothing new in this for me. Unless "get your man to wear his suit jacket with his khakis" (which can't possibly work for most traditional suit jackets) or "mascara goes bad every 2-3 weeks" (really? I'd heard months) counts. And I don't think it does. Glad this was a library book.

And I agree with those who think there should have been pictures. Maybe my suit jacket issue would have been dealt with if there had been. But I doubt it.
Racheleden
I love June, and I think this book is a great style intro. Lots of clarifying ideas here. She simplifies everything and breaks down what works and what doesn't. Some of it may be too obvious. but overall, I think it's a handy and easy read. I just wish it had photographs instead of illustrations. Nothing compares to seeing June and her clients working it.
Yasjencon
Dec 12, 2007 Yasjencon rated it did not like it
this is the worst out of all the fashion books that i have read lately. it is very vague and the tips suck!
Geneva
May 07, 2009 Geneva rated it it was ok
This is the worst style book. Poor recommendations. What kind of style book doesn't have pictures or at the very least good illustrations to give examples.
Dee
Nov 10, 2008 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great. I know so little about fashion but am in a workplace where dressing well wouldn't hurt! I take it with me every time I go shopping!
Mallory
Mallory rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Tonya Melendez
Tonya Melendez rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2008
SwankALaMode
SwankALaMode rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
Maria
Mar 16, 2015 Maria rated it did not like it
waste of time.
Judith Romance
Judith Romance rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Melva
Melva rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2007
Doris Braunstein
Doris Braunstein rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
T. Espinoza
T. Espinoza rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2014
Tasmin Betty
Tasmin Betty rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2014
Kesaine Walker
Kesaine Walker rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2014
Arielle
Arielle rated it did not like it
Dec 21, 2007
Layla
Layla rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Ginny
Ginny rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2016
Rat de bibliothèque
Rat de bibliothèque rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2008
Shanell
Shanell rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Emilie
Emilie rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2009
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2014
Danielle Robertson
Danielle Robertson rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
May 10, 2015
Tiana Love
Tiana Love rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Dominique
Dominique rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Aimee
Aimee rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2015