Start by marking “Fridge Magnets Are Bastards” as Want to Read:
Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Modern life: advertorials, obscenely cheerful breakfast TV hosts, celebrity chefs, call centres, smiling charity collectors. Brands, highly effective people, misuses of the word 'creative'. Performance reviews, people who say 'I'm not racist, but ... ', sushi bars and the Taliban. Alexander Downer. Water-cooler moments. Yellow stickers. Fridge magnets. Mark Dapin can compl ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by HarperCollins - AU (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fridge Magnets Are Bastards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
Jun 07, 2014 Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this book by Mark Dapin and absolutely loved it! I received it as a gift last Christmas and it's been sitting in my TBR (to be read pile) since then and now I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

This book had me laughing out loud every 5 minutes and wanting to share it with anyone who'll listen. His take on things like 'the loop', 'learning curve' etc had me chuckling all the way through.

I also loved his list of imaginary countries that should exist like 'Burmany, where the
Xanthi
Oct 14, 2015 Xanthi rated it really liked it
This had me laughing from the get go, which always a good sign! I just kept on laughing as I got through the rest. I love that there was so much Australian content. Good fun and at times poignant. The author is obviously intelligent and up to speed with his national politics. It is a bit dated now (with all the references to Alexander Downer) but still fun to read.
Rachael
Jun 23, 2009 Rachael rated it liked it
if you like wit, politics and interesting thoughts
this is the book for you.
an A to Z of all things bastardess.

Beard: fridge magnet for a face
Number Plate: fridge magnet for an ego
Shane
Jan 15, 2013 Shane rated it liked it
Shelves: humour
Some of the rants are really, really funny. However, unfortunately it is a bit hit and miss. The best observations tend to be about management and consultants.
Claire
Jan 06, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it
Laugh out loud funny. Apart from his aversion to marketers I tended to agree with Mark Dapin on most thing. An easy to read, enjoyable book.
Kievan
Kievan rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Beck
Beck added it
Jun 15, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Claire
Claire added it
Dec 03, 2015
Katherine Cook
Katherine Cook rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Daniel
Daniel added it
Jan 24, 2015
Glenn Hunt
Glenn Hunt rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Andrew Duncanson
Andrew Duncanson rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
Alison Hallworth
Alison Hallworth rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Nadja Balošáková
Nadja Balošáková marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Steph Brooking
Steph Brooking rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Zump1
Zump1 rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Churba
Churba added it
Mar 02, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Nov 13, 2013
Natalya
Natalya rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2013
Gabby
Gabby rated it really liked it
May 29, 2013
Ricky
Ricky rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Fliss Blanch
Fliss Blanch rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
x
x rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Belinda Greaver
Belinda Greaver marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Mark Dapin is the author of the novels King of the Cross and Spirit House. King of the Cross won the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction, and Spirit House was long listed for the Miles Franklin Literary Award and shortlisted for the Age Book of the Year and the Royal Society for Literature's Ondaatje Prize.

His recent work of military history, The Nashos' War, has been widely acclaimed. He is a
More about Mark Dapin...