Start by marking “Fridge Magnets Are Bastards” as Want to Read:
Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Modern life: advertorials, obscenely cheerful breakfast TV hosts, celebrity chefs, call centres, smiling charity collectors. Brands, highly effective people, misuses of the word 'creative'. Performance reviews, people who say 'I'm not racist, but ... ', sushi bars and the Taliban. Alexander Downer. Water-cooler moments. Yellow stickers. Fridge magnets. Mark Dapin can compl ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by HarperCollins - AU (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fridge Magnets Are Bastards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
I just finished reading this book by Mark Dapin and absolutely loved it! I received it as a gift last Christmas and it's been sitting in my TBR (to be read pile) since then and now I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

This book had me laughing out loud every 5 minutes and wanting to share it with anyone who'll listen. His take on things like 'the loop', 'learning curve' etc had me chuckling all the way through.

I also loved his list of imaginary countries that should exist like 'Burmany, where the
This had me laughing from the get go, which always a good sign! I just kept on laughing as I got through the rest. I love that there was so much Australian content. Good fun and at times poignant. The author is obviously intelligent and up to speed with his national politics. It is a bit dated now (with all the references to Alexander Downer) but still fun to read.
if you like wit, politics and interesting thoughts
this is the book for you.
an A to Z of all things bastardess.

Beard: fridge magnet for a face
Number Plate: fridge magnet for an ego
Some of the rants are really, really funny. However, unfortunately it is a bit hit and miss. The best observations tend to be about management and consultants.
Laugh out loud funny. Apart from his aversion to marketers I tended to agree with Mark Dapin on most thing. An easy to read, enjoyable book.
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Daniel added it
Jan 24, 2015
Nadja Balošáková
Nadja Balošáková marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Churba added it
Mar 02, 2014
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Sam added it
Nov 13, 2013
Belinda Greaver
Belinda Greaver marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Alice Clarke
Alice Clarke marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Mark Dapin is the author of the novels King of the Cross and Spirit House. King of the Cross won the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction, and Spirit House was long listed for the Miles Franklin Literary Award and shortlisted for the Age Book of the Year and the Royal Society for Literature's Ondaatje Prize.

His recent work of military history, The Nashos' War, has been widely acclaimed. He is a
More about Mark Dapin...