Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

Fridge Magnets Are Bastards

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Published February 29th 2008 by HarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd (first published 2007)

Tracey Allen at Carpe Librum
I just finished reading this book by Mark Dapin and absolutely loved it! I received it as a gift last Christmas and it's been sitting in my TBR (to be read pile) since then and now I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner.

This book had me laughing out loud every 5 minutes and wanting to share it with anyone who'll listen. His take on things like 'the loop', 'learning curve' etc had me chuckling all the way through.

I also loved his list of imaginary countries that should exist like 'Burmany, where the...more
Rachael
if you like wit, politics and interesting thoughts
this is the book for you.
an A to Z of all things bastardess.

Beard: fridge magnet for a face
Number Plate: fridge magnet for an ego
Shane
Some of the rants are really, really funny. However, unfortunately it is a bit hit and miss. The best observations tend to be about management and consultants.
Claire
Laugh out loud funny. Apart from his aversion to marketers I tended to agree with Mark Dapin on most thing. An easy to read, enjoyable book.
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Churba
Churba added it
Mar 02, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Nov 13, 2013
Belinda Greaver
Belinda Greaver marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2013
Alice Clarke
Alice Clarke marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Genevieve
Genevieve marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Carly
Carly added it
Apr 01, 2011
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2011
Jeff
Jeff added it
Feb 06, 2011
Spirit House Strange Country King of the Cross Sex and Money: How I Lived, Breathed, Read, Wrote, Loved, Hated, Slept, Dreamed and Drank Men's Magazines The Penguin Book of Australian War Writing